Gaming Xenoverse Switch... think they'll patch this?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing it on the switch. Not bad at all. Literally just started.

I did notice a few FPS drops in the hub world, which are really bugging me. So the hub is a little "meh". And no, I'm not online in a multi-lobby.

Also, when I press start, you can see the individual frames. Ew. It like... lags, and then looks like shit while in the pause menu.

Do you think thye'll fix the FPS issues? Can't say it's the most smooth game out there... it's usually stable and smooth, but it has very common instances, at least in the hub world, in which it the framerate drops and it's very noticable...

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows, seems like something easily fixable yet rushed. This is the outcome of a company just rushing ports to test the waters on a Nintendo system. Can't be all bad though if the rest of the game seems somewhat solid from what you've said so far.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samething happened on the xbox one for both titles. In the xbone's case it happened due to poor internet coding. They fix'd it in a week...Even in offline mode, the games require an internet connection to play on the xbone and ps4. I don't think it's the same for the switch version. But I bet they'll do what they can to fix any fps drops.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you playing xenoverse on the switch when it's release date is the 22nd? you are talking about dragonball xneoverse 2, right?

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably videos or demos somewhere
Well I sure hope they have the lag issue fixed by the time it's released. Been waiting for this game ever since beating it on the Pc :lol: I just love the option to take my two favorite games (xenoverse and skyrim) anywhere I go.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samething happened on the xbox one for both titles. In the xbone's case it happened due to poor internet coding. They fix'd it in a week...Even in offline mode, the games require an internet connection to play on the xbone and ps4. I don't think it's the same for the switch version. But I bet they'll do what they can to fix any fps drops.
Hey, Chaturbate! Weird.... I hope it's fixed. I never had to be connected online on the PS4 one. Maybe that was Xbox only? It gets (probably not to the casual player, but to a lot here) ANNOYING as FUUUUU. The frame issues are annoying. It's not too bad, it plays well, but when you move the camera fast, you can see it, when you get on your vehicle or pause in certain areas of the hub menu, holy SHIT you can see it. When you bump into things on your vehicle sometimes you can see it. Just moving, you can see it sometimes... I hope they patch it.
How are you playing xenoverse on the switch when it's release date is the 22nd? you are talking about dragonball xneoverse 2, right?
It's out in Japan
Probably videos or demos somewhere
Nope. It's out in Japan. Full game. Can confirm English text and dub on English consoles. You can choose your server too. Americas for me.
Well I sure hope they have the lag issue fixed by the time it's released. Been waiting for this game ever since beating it on the Pc :lol: I just love the option to take my two favorite games (xenoverse and skyrim) anywhere I go.
It still plays very well despite these things! Maybe it's because I played on the PS4, the framerate just feels "meh" some of the time. Also, it feels more stutter-y and less fluid. It's still VERY playable though. Just slight hindrance which ends up bugging the furk out of me.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I guess, also, AMA for Xenoverse 2, played a bit tonight, will play more tomorrow.

OH MY GOD UNLIKE THE OTHER CONSOLE VERSIONS, WE CAN FINALLY CHANGE THE BGM OF THE HUB WORLD!! YESSS

... aaaaand you can change the battle music? Whaaaaa?

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glorious switch stable 60 fps

Cant wait for the shitstorm after digital foundry reviews and compares it to the other versions.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have this game pre-order for the 22nd. Can you play it on a <3.0.0 Switch? I'm wondering what the chances are that the different regions will have the same required firmware update, just like Mario+Rabbids.
I don't know. On my legit switch, I'm on 3.02. It differs between regions for some games, depending upon their respective release dates, and how near/far they are from each other, I'm sure. You may have to update. Here's to sending positive thoughts your way that you don't have to :)
Glorious switch stable 60 fps

Cant wait for the shitstorm after digital foundry reviews and compares it to the other versions.
I've noticed SOME, but subtle frame issues in-battle. It's fairly rare though, and very subtle. Now the hub world... oh my god, it's bugging me lol. The frame issues there are incredibly evident.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1