Gaming XGD3 Beta contents

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my XGD3 beta disk of Halo Reach from Fedex. Figured I'd posts the contents of it. Got an unboxing vid coming later today, hopefully.

It comes with this nice document showing the rules and requirements of the testing:
2h3bv3t.jpg

And here is the disk:
34fkzkp.jpg

It comes in a plain Xbox game case. No outer packaging, no insert, no cover. Just a case. Didn't take a pic because it's so bland.

I can take a side-by-side pic of the backside of the disk compared to a normal Reach disk, if anyone wants me to.

This is really more of a blog, but it's Xbox section relevant, so I figured I'd post it here.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I received mine earlier too. The disc seems to run just as fine as any other but I heard that this disc was 6.7 GB when installed (I haven't confirmed it myself) while the Retail disc is 6.6 GB. I don't know if it's of any importance... I'm just saying what I read in the Feedback section.

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes please. If anyone has something different, take a pic and post it.

I bet you got in the "Disk Update" group, meaning your disk contains the Xbox Live update instead of just the game. My group had to update online before getting the disk.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
Yes please. If anyone has something different, take a pic and post it.

I bet you got in the "Disk Update" group, meaning your disk contains the Xbox Live update instead of just the game. My group had to update online before getting the disk.

Yes, it did. Pictures in a second.

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed. Reach is now installed at 6.7 GB.

I'm going to delete the data, just for testing protocol's sake. Let the DVD drive do some work, see if it fails or anything.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
The green discs are for people in the DISC audience, and the silver discs are for people in the LIVE audience.

I got mine today, played a little, works fine, etc...Sadly, no DLC is on the disc like people were expecting.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a picture of the green disc that I received. WARNING HI-RES (Camera actually made it look fake but it isn't, haha.)

ejcxzl.jpg

People who were in the LIVE Audience got the silver colored discs, and the people in the DISC Audience got the green colored shown above.

EDIT: Just noticed somebody posted a picture of the green one. Ah well, mine is more hi-res
wink2.gif

EDIT2: Devin, really, how did you get 2 discs if you only registered 1 console?
blink.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Didn't have an email confirmation, but I DID in fact receive a knock at my door not 5 minutes ago. It was FedEx delivering a GREEN disc.

What is the difference between the DISC audience and the LIVE audience?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Didn't have an email confirmation, but I DID in fact receive a knock at my door not 5 minutes ago. It was FedEx delivering a GREEN disc.

The DISC Audience is the group that will receive the new dashboard update via the disc itself. The LIVE Audience is the group who will receive the update via Xbox LIVE whenever they sign into their gamertag. It's the same update nonetheless, just in different formats to test to see if all Xbox's are capable of this new update/disc format.

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:

No email confirmation was given, surprisingly. Major Nelson made a tweet telling people to check their status on connect.microsoft.com.
On the site it told you whether you were in the DISC audience or LIVE audience. The LIVE audience downloads the beta update via Xbox Live, and apparently receives a silver disc. The DISC audience auto-updates via the Halo Reach disc, and receives a green disc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Trans Former, women and men who used to be the other sex! Autoerotic asphyxiation bdsm is fun at...