[xkey] Webinterface always resets settings

Thranos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

quite a few years ago I've bought the xkey with the wifi stick. I didn't actually use it at the time and only tested whether its working generally. Today I've been experimenting some more with it since I've gotten somewhat nostalgic lately.

The latest firmware 2.0.1-4 is installed and the webinterface is accessible via webbrowser.

However I've been running into the problem, that I get two popups every time I load the page (1: storage has been updated, 2: about sending statistics). No setting is saved in the webinterface.

I have no idea on what I might possibly change to solve that. I've read that Mr.Waffles originally created the webinterface but the github is not available anymore. On the openhub page it says "Official Old Remote Web Interface for the xK3y - Don't use this anymore!". Ehrm ... then what should I use? On reddit it says that the newest webinterface version is 1.2.1 (). About in the webinterface shows "Interface version: 1.1".

Can anyone help me here? The Networking in the browser tries saving and gets a success message - however it doesnt actually seem to work correctly.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the xkey3, but not the wifi version. On my version, there is a text file on the root of the sd card. Read that, it should have the settings. You can manually set them. Hopefully, that will fix your issue. I forget the name of the file, but it should be the only one there.

Also, I recall reading that other firmware file needs to be deleted after it has been installed. Otherwise it will rewrite itself and reset it's settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?