XSEED bringing Little King's Story, Senran Kagura, and Xanadu Next to Steam in 2016

lks.jpg
XSEED Games will be porting over some older titles to Steam in the coming year, it seems. Of the three games they announced, the titles are, Little King's Story, (2009, Wii) Senran Kagura Estival Versus, (Vita 2014) and Xanadu Next. (PC 2005 - JP only)

:arrow: Source

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not exactly stealing. Shady, sure, but not stealing. Translators (unless they're hired and it's specifically in their contracts) don't own the rights to their translations, because it's a derivative work of Xseed (or whoever the developer is).

I do understand why you're saying but it really makes me like them less when they used such practices and deceive people into thinking they actually worked on it (Hey, I didn't even know about the whole script taking until a few months ago)

zero_g_monkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my personal knowledge of how they operate. Xseed will purchase the rights to a translation from the fan translator. Now I'm not trying to be a dick here, but there are more people involved in a fan translation than just the translator. There are hackers and programmers out there that also do the translation, but more times than not, the translators do not know how to access the script. That is where the programmers and hackers come in. They create the tools and have the knowledge to modify the games. As for who owns the translation of a script, it actually is the person who did the work on it. BOTH the hackers and translators. It breaks down to a rule of taking all the credit for yourself when multiple people helped you reach a certain goal. Now even though the translated script may belong to those who worked on it, you have absolutely no copyrights unless you have paid the original license holder. That is the gray area of fan translation. Most companies who have no plans of releasing the game in another language, usually don't pitch a fit if you are not trying to make a profit from THEIR WORK. When the time gets closer, we are gonna give a very large push for people to purchase the games so that Falcom can still make a profit off of it. But let's be realistic. It's the internet. Most people will not be purchasing these games because they just don't feel obligated to. It would be nice though.

Back on topic. Other than the quick search I did earlier in the week after this announcement, did I find that they had purchased the domain for Xanadu Next earlier in the year. i find it strange that they are releasing a game from 2005 like they did some great feat of miracles putting it out, when the fan translation was last updated at least in 2013. I prefer fan work because they can be true to a script without caring about being PC. I felt the same way about Brandsih after Flame had started work on the game. I called BS on that one. We all know the PSP is a dead console except to fan works. They might still be releasing games in Japan, but it is mostly the love sim stuff from what I can see. I've lost my train of thought. Trying to not bash to hard on Xseed but some of their practices are just a screwed up.

...and just a small bit of info. Nightwolve has ever right to talk smack since the tools to work on those YS games were taken from HIS server. He should have been paid for playing a key part in those translations. But instead he was black balled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, gonna block you for real if you keep being like that
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well.... Go ahead my "friend". If it makes you happy :mellow:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Really, blocking him will only hurt you, we will see his messages, but you wont
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, ok i'm not blocking him
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just got to have thick skin and ignore people online if you don't agree or dislike. The internet is full of clowns.
    +2
    and an 👴 just having fun.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the beach
    Cool :D Wait :unsure::unsure::unsure: Did you say Bleach? :O
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, without the l
    +1
    Enjoy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Enjoy wacking yourself off, old man?
    +1
    Always :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Man bought a $20 a gauge at Amazon that was all fancy digital went to hook it up did t detect shit, then went back and bought an analog worked right away
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 Happens all the time when ordering these iffy things
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    watching xbox direct but the feed keeps getting dc'd, oh well
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    back to MH rise
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's AC Pro which is reputable but more a reason why I don't trust digital in cars