Yo-kai Watch 4 announced for Nintendo Switch

yokai4.png

Level-5 have announced in this week's issue of Famitsu that the fourth entry in the Yo-kai Watch series is headed to Nintendo Switch this year in Japan. This marks the series transition to the Switch with Yo-kai Watch 3 previously being released on the 3DS.

The game promises to introduce new power-ups and content that will surprise fans of the series.

No information on an international release was provided.

:arrow: Source

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am pretty ok with the series myself. It may not be a pokemon killer but it is nice to see monster collection games get some love. I like the modern setting, most of the Yokai designs are cool* I am a huge fan of the earlier pokemon generations and an even bigger fan of dragon quest monsters as you all know. My biggest gripe about Yokai 1 and even into Yokai 2 was the infuriating catch rates, and on top of that, how it was handled. You could feed them any food and they might join you. You could feed them their expensive favorite food, and that might join you. Of course, another yokai could join you instead, one that you didn't feed. But was more often than not happened, was that none joined you. And you could only feed a Yokai once per battle. So if you accidently fed the wrong yokai the only piece of expensive food... your chances were shot as it were. I dont know, I am just happy there were NTR cheats to alter the catch rates to 100% in the second game.

So anyways. I am excited about another one, and I am glad they are putting it on the Switch. I would love to see 3 and Busters make it over here too, but I am not holding my breath.[/acronym]

Xandrid

Trophies
XP
Country
Nigeria
I'm ok with this, now we just need some other games to come on the Switch, I'm looking at you Square Enix bring us the Bravely series and The whole KH series on the Switch

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would love to see 3 and Busters make it over here too, but I am not holding my breath.[/acronym]
Busters is actually coming. It's almost completely confirmed. William anderson tweeted about translating the songs for buster. So that's pretty sure in my book. I just really want 3. That combat system change was great. I tried out the JP version.

Reactions: Pablitox and BORTZ

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Busters is actually coming. It's almost completely confirmed. William anderson tweeted about translating the songs for buster. So that's pretty sure in my book. I just really want 3. That combat system change was great. I tried out the JP version.
Thanks! That's great news actually!!

this series is not even 5/10% of what pokemon is.

Level-5 send a copy to @endoverend 1st then we will see if it's any good.
Well, that's because it is pretty much it's own thing. No need to "be like pokemon" I like it because what it is, without comparing it to Pokemon.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
gamefreak needs motivation:ph34r:
Gamefreak needs some new blood i find. I'm just getting really bored of pokémon to be honest. I still enjoy it but i get so weary of it about halfway in now. I haven't even finished ultra moon yet :/

And i hate the way they handle event pokémon giveaways.

fedehda

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Gamefreak needs some new blood i find. I'm just getting really bored of pokémon to be honest. I still enjoy it but i get so weary of it about halfway in now. I haven't even finished ultra moon yet :/

And i hate the way they handle event pokémon giveaways.
I didn't started ultra sun at all!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, that's because it is pretty much it's own thing. No need to "be like pokemon" I like it because what it is, without comparing it to Pokemon.
I don't know if that was what Flame was heading for. I read it as something like
Back on the GB/GBC, GBA and DS we saw a few "pokemon clones" like Medabots, Robopon, Demi Kids (or at least the dark version), Dragon Quest Monsters, maybe Monster Rancher at times, and so forth. Many of those had their own interesting takes on the gameplay style and ultimately some pretty compelling gameplay (I maintain medabots is much better than pokemon but different discussion for another thread). Yo-kai watch on the other hand is boring as you like and generally a far inferior take on the gameplay style most associated with pokemon.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Had to break down and turn on my AC today. 89 degrees in May. Bet August/September is gonna be...