-Final Fantasy: Advent Children-Complete

-That's What I Am

-The Shawshank Redemption

-Saving Private Ryan

-Shutter Island

-Pulp Fiction

-Fight Club

-I am Sam

Oh crap..looks like i went on too long...sorry about that.

I difficult to just choose 5.......
Actually thanks for that, I forgot Forrest Gump.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Old8oy said:
Blaze163 said:
- Empire Strikes Back. Because much like Deep Impact I love how not everybody wins. Luke gets fucked up for being so eager to prove himself, Han is frozen in carbonite, it's just such a swerve from the traditional 'goodies turn it all around in the last few seconds' ending. It dared to go there and not give the punters the good ending they all expected. I regretably never saw it in the cinemas but I can imagine the sounds people made the first time Vader uttered those words burned into our minds since time immemorial. It was a great film, great story, great effects, and it fucked with our minds. Classic in every sense of the word.

...spoiler alert much? jeez...

Seriously dude? The movie was released 31 years ago. If you haven't seen it by then, chances are you won't be seeing it soon.

Twas a simple joke. I would assume (though you know what happens when you assume...) that everyone, who might have even the slightest interest in GBAtemp, has seen said movie.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Old8oy said:
Blaze163 said:
- Empire Strikes Back. Because much like Deep Impact I love how not everybody wins. Luke gets fucked up for being so eager to prove himself, Han is frozen in carbonite, it's just such a swerve from the traditional 'goodies turn it all around in the last few seconds' ending. It dared to go there and not give the punters the good ending they all expected. I regretably never saw it in the cinemas but I can imagine the sounds people made the first time Vader uttered those words burned into our minds since time immemorial. It was a great film, great story, great effects, and it fucked with our minds. Classic in every sense of the word.

...spoiler alert much? jeez...

Seriously dude? The movie was released 31 years ago. If you haven't seen it by then, chances are you won't be seeing it soon.

Twas a simple joke. I would assume (though you know what happens when you assume...) that everyone, who might have even the slightest interest in GBAtemp, has seen said movie.
You know what's funny about that, there are a crapload of teenagers that haven't seen episodes 4-6 of Star Wars. It's really sad.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen Episode 4-6 but that was like... LONG AGO
tongue.gif
I only remember episode 6 clearly lol.
Someday, I need to watch 4 and 5 to get back those memories.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In no order:

The Big Lebowski
Ghostbusters
Back to the Future
Shaun of the Dead
Pulp Fiction

Maybe one day Scot Pilgrim Vs The World will edge Pulp Fiction out, not sure only saw SPVTW twice.

Blaze163 said:
- Guest House Paradiso. Richie and Eddie of Bottom fame running a hotel in classic Bottom style. Need I say more? If you've never seen this, go watch it. Right now. Feeeb!
Never thought I'd ever see someone say anything positive about this film! I love Rik and Aides work on Young Ones, Bottom, Comic Strip and even Filthy Rich & Cat Flap had its moments but never for the life of me could I enjoy that film.

Each to their own though, I mean I still cannot get into Star Wars.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
tongue.gif

you remember because of the Ewoks, don't you... those damn Ewoks...

...and dammit! how could I forget Ghostbusters!!!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked SPVTW, which is odd because I don't like Micheal Cera, but the way he played Scott Pilgrim was very well done and very funny, though I do want to know...is the Scott Pilgrim in the comic/game anything like the Scott Pilgrim in the movie?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Across the Universe

QUOTE(Nebz @ Aug 29 2011, 06:36 PM) Across The Universe - I watched this about a year or 2 ago. I'm not a big fan of musicals but it was very... lovely. Being a fan of The Beatles, this definitely takes its place as a top in my book.

I love you guys!!!
biggrin.gif

This is one of my favourites too, but other than that, I can't say really...

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Old8oy said:
Tanveer said:
tongue.gif

you remember because of the Ewoks, don't you... those damn Ewoks...

...and dammit! how could I forget Ghostbusters!!!
Ewoks? LOL maybe
tongue.gif
. Well, it was like 8-10 years ago that I watched Episode 6.
The others, I watched like WAY before that
unsure.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mean Girls anyone? I'm so serious. It's not just a chick flick. My friends (even dudes) quote it all the time and I feel like it's definitely one of the funniest movies I have ever watched... if you haven't watched it, I will seriously come over to your house in my pjs with some popcorn and the dvd and force you to watch it with me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email