YouTube ReVanced project releases app manager that patches out ads from the main YouTube app

vancned.png

Rising from the ashes of YouTube Vanced is the ReVanced project, which has seen a major milestone with the release of the ReVanced Manager app. ReVanced came to be after Google went after the original YouTube Vanced app with a cease and desist, resulting in the end of the sideloadable Android app that allowed users to skip sponsors, ads, and other tweaks usually exclusive to the paid YouTube Premium subscription, but for free.

ReVanced does those same things, but exists in the form of an Android app patch, as distributing a pre-patched .apk YouTube client is illegal. Additionally, this project is fully open-source, and you can follow its development on GitHub. Previously, users have been able to use the ReVanced patch, though it required building the patch from the source code. Now, however, the ReVanced Manager has been released, which simply and easily patches the YouTube app. Currently, the manager is in an alpha release, and offers support for patching out timeline ads on Twitter, or general advertisements on the official Reddit app, alongside the primary focus of adding quality of life features to both YouTube and YouTube Music.

This alpha release follows the recent news of YouTube trying out anywhere from 5 to 10 unskippable bumper ads before videos.

:arrow: Source

LibreNyaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
librenyaa.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
just use ABP
While this would work, ReVanced has more features than simply ad blocking. It allows background play, video downloads (via a quick link to the Newpipe app), integrates SponsorBlock natively, and many other patches you can make to the app, such as removing YouTube shorts, disabling the cast button, changing the YouTube logo, etc.

LibreNyaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
librenyaa.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Cool, but, why not just use revanced itself?
Revanced itself is just patches to the Youtube app, combined into an APK from the official Youtube APK, this does the same thing just in a more user friendly form. There is no Revanced app.

Last edited by LibreNyaa,

cimo95

Stupid troubleshooter
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This one really needed, ive bought lifetime adguards but still small part of ads appearing on youtube app

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Definitely following this. Current supported version is just a little behind the latest one, but all options I tried seem to work anyway.

LibreNyaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
librenyaa.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping this project would stay secret for a while, I don't want another C&D lmao
It shouldn't be C&D because they are distributing open source patches instead of actual modified YouTube APKs, which is what got Vanced C&D, as long as no one screws up, and they stay as just patches + manager.

LibreNyaa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
librenyaa.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Now we just need the ability to download the videos, and it'll be perfect.
We can through a Newpipe link in-app, but it just redirects you to the Newpipe app to download. I can't remember if they're doing it through them to stay safer from a takedown, but it would be nice to have it native in-app.

Reactions: Jayro

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hmmm, that's interesting, tho, I tried to patch my Youtube install with it and it just fucked it up, I got a message about split apk not being well supported prior to it tho, gonna stay on Vanced for the moment but I'm eager to be able to use revanced instead...

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. Does this work on apps installed directly from the Play Store?
Yes. However, if you don't have root, select the option to install a secondary "revanced" version of the app. Without root, the app signature will not match and it will give you errors trying to "update" the installed app.

I tested the patches on YT and YT Music and they work great! It even works to patch Tiktok.

Btw, you'll still need (vanced) MicroG to log in with your Google ID if you're installing a secondary ReVanced app.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
While this would work, ReVanced has more features than simply ad blocking. It allows background play, video downloads (via a quick link to the Newpipe app), integrates SponsorBlock natively, and many other patches you can make to the app, such as removing YouTube shorts, disabling the cast button, changing the YouTube logo, etc.
going to use this post to say how much I hate Youtube shorts!

Reactions: drazenm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...