Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried to watch a video and it shows me this:

TkQYCZo.jpg

It was fantastic while it lasted, now I'll change to ReVanced (which I wasn't plan on doing).

YT Music Vanced still works as fine so will keep it installed.

RIP, YT Vanced.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RIP og Vanced, shocked it lasted as long as it did. Revanced is just as good, fortunately.
Uninstalled Vanced, installed ReVanced and everything was working automatically as before.

ReVanced is very good indeed as I've tried it out for a while now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prefer newpipe (or indeed newpipe sponsorblock) myself (3x playback, download including audio only, lovely channel update feature rather than hoping ze algorithm shares, 18 rated videos viewable, works on the potato of a phone I was using on holiday, skips ads, skips internal shilling for VPNs and such) but indeed sad to see superior alternatives to crippled applications fall.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Remember to get ReVanced from GOOD SOURCES and not some silly site... XDA is a proper site. Or build them with the manager to make sure you're safe.

Or if you're rooted with Magisk. Use a Magisk Revanced :3

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Prefer newpipe (or indeed newpipe sponsorblock) myself (3x playback, download including audio only, lovely channel update feature rather than hoping ze algorithm shares, 18 rated videos viewable, works on the potato of a phone I was using on holiday, skips ads, skips internal shilling for VPNs and such) but indeed sad to see superior alternatives to crippled applications fall.
The only thing from NewPipe I don't like is the inability to login to my YT account, as I do have all my suscriptions and such in it, and I then to remove vids I don't care about directly too lol

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I on the other hand objected to having such an account (though it might well use the throwaway on said phone, though said account complains about not verifying me so maybe not) which makes newpipe somewhat nicer to use than bookmarks, awesome bar and hoping the algorithm works to my favour for once.

Also been quite amusing to see what creators and videos are downplayed as well (if they like you the suggestions are 15 other videos from them and a couple of others, if not you might get 2 at the end somewhere).

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember to get ReVanced from GOOD SOURCES and not some silly site... XDA is a proper site. Or build them with the manager to make sure you're safe.

Yes.

XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-8-0-guides-revanced-revanced-extended.4523967/

GitHub: https://github.com/j-hc/revanced-magisk-module/releases

I got the apk from GH for my newer Android devices, but my old Samsung Tab S2 (still works with a charger plugged) it had to be an apk (Android 7.0) from the XDA thread.

While the apk files are great, I hope there'll be a ReVanced Manager, if possible.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes.

XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-8-0-guides-revanced-revanced-extended.4523967/

GitHub: https://github.com/j-hc/revanced-magisk-module/releases

I got the apk from GH for my newer Android devices, but my old Samsung Tab S2 (still works with a charger plugged) it had to be an apk (Android 7.0) from the XDA thread.

While the apk files are great, I hope there'll be a ReVanced Manager, if possible.
Revanced have had a manager since forever :P
Its buggy as shit tho... Atleast if you let it overwrite Youtube app
https://github.com/revanced/revanced-manager

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel

<torrent site> is good too, right?
Post automatically merged:

Meanwhile, I just use a VPN to some country like India where YouTube Premium costs like $1.30/month and setup an account. Now I’ve got ad free YouTube for like $1.30 a month.
That's a hassle which many won't like.

Last edited by linuxares,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<torrent site> is good too, right?
Post automatically merged:

That's a hassle which many won't like.
But you’ll install a torrent application and willingly go to a website like <torrent site>?

Don’t value your privacy much, do you?

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Meanwhile, I just use a VPN to some country like India where YouTube Premium costs like $1.30/month and setup an account. Now I’ve got ad free YouTube for like $1.30 a month.
Except eventually they will raise the prices for those who dont have the means. Look at Argentina and Steam games.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except eventually they will raise the prices for those who dont have the means. Look at Argentina and Steam games.
Probably, but since I’m an iPhone user…

It’s what I gotta do unless I want to resign apps every 7 days.

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
But you’ll install a torrent application and willingly go to a website like <torrent site>?

Don’t value your privacy much, do you?
My privacy? Free Download Manager is Privacy-focused. BTW I know <torrent site> for years now...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum