ROM Hack Yup, it happened. (Smash Ultimate Online ban)

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banning for using edit's saves now that's horse shit. i mean if it's to cheat online i can agree.... but this is a dick move by nintendo. also smash 4's online is way better then Ultimate's for the 1vs1 and team matches in for glory of course.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does Nintendo read save data? When your console is online does it queue up your save for analysis? Then put the file threw a series of checks including amount of gold, sp points, things off that nature then determine it's hacked and bad the account? To me it seems rather far fetched that being said i have no other ideas.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so? I used atmosphere which has anti telemetry feature, I even used 90DNS over it, but admittingly I have had some times where I forgot to use 90DNS with ReiNX and my switch crashed upon boot, but I though all would be fine since "Send Error Info" is unchecked in System Settings.

It is very likely that they check your save before goes to online play, so they flag the save if unusual or mysterious value in saves, similar to Splatoon 2.

It backed up my illegitimate BOTW save before I got my first ban... And I'm now running it on a clean system. So, I'd assume it has more to do with your CFW. Which, of course, isn't undetectable or impervious to Nintendo's report system. No matter what you use.

Did you go online with CFW? They are high ban risk. Earlier version of CFW lacked the protection. There are plenty of people used same hacked save as you did, but didn't get banned after months of use.

Well if this is true then I guess we better play the game legitimately on ofw while using a completed save on emunand or injected in cfw
Still need more info on this if you attempted to play in cfw or used Nintendo's Cloud service to back up the said edited save file are greater reasons for a ban.

You can create 2nd offline profile and use hacked save for 2nd profile, so it will be unlikely to be uploaded to Nintendo for verification.

How does Nintendo read save data? When your console is online does it queue up your save for analysis? Then put the file threw a series of checks including amount of gold, sp points, things off that nature then determine it's hacked and bad the account? To me it seems rather far fetched that being said i have no other ideas.

Just like Splatoon 2, when you go online play, so they connect and upload the save or scan the save, even they won't tell you, if suspicious, they flag the save and sent to Nintendo for review. If they find enough evidence so they issue a software ban.

That why I don't go online for any games that used hacked saves, such as Splatoon 2, MHUG, Pokemon, Diablo 3, Smash and Mario Kart.

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ohh. Oops.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It was just a Nintendo Account ban for Ultimate, not a console ban. I can still go online on other games

what? so you can play other games online WITH THE SAME ACCOUNT? its just ultimate that you can not play online?

Reactions: juccatan

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
What exactly do you modify in your save OP?

Maybe op modify some value out of the bounds from a legit save

Last edited by cucholix,

juccatan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly do you modify in your save OP?

Maybe op modify some value out of the bounds from a legit save
All Spirits, All Music, All challenges, All characters, All Stickers and Cores, 9,999,999 Gold, and 9,999,999 SP

Last edited by juccatan,

MiniBuizel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't tamper with the records at all, and that might be what gave it away.

Oh dear... The game's logs keep track of everything you earn in the game. Everything down to the amount of gold you earned, and the amount of gold you spent. Which I find highly annoying, but wouldn't this be easily circumvented if the editors had a way to alter your records, so that it would match up with what you have? It would seem like a foolproof way to evade Nintendo's scrutiny when reviewing and comparing logs to your inventory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...