Yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator has been ported to Android

dfs.png

The Yuzu development team has just released their Nintendo Switch emulator for a new platform. Today, Yuzu has been ported to Android, bringing yet another Nintendo Switch emulator to mobile devices. This release follows nearly a month after Skyline ended its development. Yuzu for Android's initial release lacks parity with the desktop version, and it currently does not have LDN multiplayer and other features, as the team wants to focus on optimization first and foremost.

You need Android 11 and some Vulkan extensions in order to run Yuzu. You can grab the emulator from the Google Play Store if you want to try it out. A full blog post on the official Yuzu site also details the development process of the port.

:arrow: Source

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, it doesn't. Violating DMCA would mean it contains Nintendo code or keys,
You're wrong.

Otherwise Nintendo wouldn't have been able to go after blank flashcarts/dongles/etc.

This is all settled law, as soon as it comes onto Nintendo's radar they ought to react.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
W/ the Shield's weak processor, the app probably wont even start. Tell me how I know? Lmao...
I own a Shield and it can barely run Dolphin 😅😆😂 so I bought a SBC w/ a RK3588 in it and it can run Dolphin from Android on my TV now...
Maybe it's just the Dolphin coding that's not ideal, I've got lots of good games on my shield TV and they work great. I also have some emulators on it as well and they are working fine as well.

Still as the yuzu is a beta on Android for now, I assume it will get better over time.

I have a switch already so for me it's pointless to emulate it, but still it would be nice if Dolphin improved for wii games. Also Yuzu can be run on a PC pretty well already so if my switch ever breaks I'll just use a SBC, something like the LattePanda Sigma to emulate with.

Last edited by mrdude,

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Time to focus on MediaTek processors with Nvidia GPU are best and more afford than lousy Snapdragon processors. Bang for cheap prices can't be beat! We need Nvidia GPU right now! LOL :rofl2:

I can't wait to buy any mobile / tablet with MediaTek and Nvidia GPU in year 2024 or after. :D

MediaTek with Nvidia GPU will able to running Yuzu emulator solid between 30 FPS - 60 FPS with Vulkan.

No thanks. MediaTek are abusing the GPL and locking source code behind a paywall. This is why you generally don't see custom roms for devices with MediaTek chips in them.

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correction: It was Sony and the dreadful Vita that lost to the handheld king Nintendo, whose Switch has outsold all other consoles in existence since it's launch. But your intense jealousy is noted.
Dude, that's a completely different topic. 😆

I meant they lost as in trying to stop Switch emulators as they're everywhere now.

And yes, Sony does suck supporting their handhelds although they're well built and very sturdy. OLED Vita is still a beast.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If these said pirates were using their own copies, then it would not be illegal.
I mean, that's the point. There are tons of programs online that are totally legal themselves (emulator for example) but the end user may use it the way it wants, legally or illegally.
Plex is one of them. It is a legal program that can be used of both legal or illegal way

Phearoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why could I have sworn to God Yuzu on Android was already a thing? They even made a switch-like controller compatible to fit the phone. What changed?

AndorfRequissa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W/ the Shield's weak processor, the app probably wont even start. Tell me how I know? Lmao...
I own a Shield and it can barely run Dolphin 😅😆😂 so I bought a SBC w/ a RK3588 in it and it can run Dolphin from Android on my TV now...
u must not know how to setup ur shield dolphin runs great on my sheilds. the shield is a great system. a little outdated yes but it can play up ps2 and wii games decently. anything above that yeah its not going to run but there are tons of retro consoles that shield does a great job with.

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You're wrong.

Otherwise Nintendo wouldn't have been able to go after blank flashcarts/dongles/etc.

This is all settled law, as soon as it comes onto Nintendo's radar they ought to react.
Lol you think Yuzu hasn't been on Ninty's radar since launch? Flashcarts function entirely different from emulators, but even several of those have found a way to circumvent DMCA, and that's why you can still easily find them for almost every Nintendo portable on Amazon/AliExpress/eBay.

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I hope this will work on my Nvidia Shield TV.
i'm actually curious how'll run on that, still got mines
Post automatically merged:

They need to do it right this time...
I'm not saying it because I want them to shut down emulators, it's just that them sending a dmca to steam to take down dolphin from their store was kinda dumb imo
Dolphin is used by pirates according to them. Pirates are using illegal copies of their games and all. So, what would prevent the pirates from getting dolphin elsewhere on the internet?

I swear, if they are sending the DMCA to google so they take it off their store, they just deserved to be laughed at :rofl2:
Nintendo needs to do what Wizards of the Coast did to that one fan

Last edited by Impossible_Igntiz,
  • Haha
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye