Misc Zangeki no Reginleiv FC list/general Wi-Fi discussion

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The release thread has been sinking down in the tide of new releases and we need a more anchored place for discussing the game. And since there's pages of pages of stuff there about how to play online/playing online, this seemed the most appropriate solution.

First, before playing online and complaining about how slow it is, use uLoader! It fixes the long load times and frequent disconnects!. Second, if you want to find other GBAtempers randomly online, it is suggested you make a room named "GBAtemp" or "GBAtemp.net" or something involving GBAtemp to attract them.

Notes on USB loading and playing online by qdog82

qdog82 said:
Was playing around with different usbloaders, finally found a combination where online is working normally, no little freezes and every game is woking and it loads in about 5 seconds.
Installed hermes cios installer v5 , 223 - ios60 base
Then used uloader 4.5B
There i set the language to japanese, ios to 223, skip ios on and display mode to ntsc.

Online guide and online gameplay videos, made/contributed by silkyskeeter!

Friend Code list

The list goes like this: [Username] - [Ingame username] - [Friend Code]

- OmerMe - OmerMe - 4984-6687-1724
- silkyskeeter - silkyskeeter - 5371-2068-7363
- Master Mo - Master Mo - 0431-9946-3995
- Ninn - Ninn - 0088-4105-6997
- Zobidick - ZeckyD - 2708-3471-3669

The thread is for Wi-Fi discussion and help online, not the single player portion. If you need help with that, I suggest using the Wii Help subsection of the Wii forum.

Have fun and stay hackin', GBAtemp!

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice thread creation idea to an incredibly fun wifi game. If you didn't fully read all the replies on the release thread here is the post by qdog82 explaining the setup needed to play this game flawlessly online:

qdog82 said:
Was playing around with different usbloaders, finally found a combination where online is working normally, no little freezes and every game is woking and it loads in about 5 seconds.
Then used uloader 4.5B
There i set the language to japanese, ios to 223, skip ios on and display mode to ntsc.
User name: silkyskeeter
Ingame name: silkyskeeter
Friendcode: 5371 2068 7363

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OmerMe said:
Wasn't youre ingame username Wayne?
It was, but too many ppl around the internet know me as silkyskeeter so I changed it to silkyskeeter. Not many that I conversate with online know that Wayne is my real name so it confused alot of ppl.

You can change your ingame name at anytime by selecting the top left option at the room listing page and on the next menu, selecting the gold button in the top right. For those that dont know.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
User name: Master Mo
Ingame name: Master Mo
Friendcode: 0431 9946 3995

Added both of you
wink.gif
With these setting the online-co-op is really enjoable
yaywii.gif

mcsdoode

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
qdog82 said:
Then used uloader 4.5B

It appears that I don't have IOS 60 installed (not an option when installing Hermes's cIOS)

I don't mean to hijack this thread in any way but can someone please let me know what I can do? Thanks for any help! ;D
+++++++++++++++++++++++

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mcsdoode said:
qdog82 said:
Then used uloader 4.5B

It appears that I don't have IOS 60 installed (not an option when installing Hermes's cIOS)

I don't mean to hijack this thread in any way but can someone please let me know what I can do? Thanks for any help! ;D
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Not sure what version you got. But the version v5 of Hermes it asks you during the install. Are you sure your version was hermes cios installer v5? Because what should have happened was:
Install hermes cios installer v5 (the package should include a folder that goes in the apps folder on you sd card and a another folder called cios_installer that you put on the root of your sd card) When you run the installer (via Homebrew Channel) select ios249 and press A then on the next option (it has 3 options) select custom IOS223 then on the next option (it also has 3 options) select ios60 and press A
So I dont think you got the right version of Hermes.

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got a question (I know its not wifi related but game-related)

Is anyone working on an Englisch Patch for the game/ or is it even possible to do so?

Love Sandlots games, but I like to play them in english because I want no comparison difficulties for weapons and such.

Thanks

alaeddine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think nobody is woriking on english patch cause it's easy to understand once you got it(which doesnt take much time ) .
On-topic: I'll play soon on wifi so i'll give you my FC
biggrin.gif

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok true. doesnt need translation.

But I got one question:
Is there any reason to play/prefer Singleplayer over onlineplay?
Since you cant import save file from singleplayer mode I dont want to spend too much time on that to notice that online is exactly the same only with coop...

alaeddine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah you're right, there is no reason to play singleplayer since you can import a save as you said.
CoOp is much better, but well, for people who dont have WiFi Singleplayer still nice
smile.gif

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok I guess I will have to use a Translation FAQ on youtube or elsewhere to get the hang of Wi-Fi.

edit:
Hmm there is QUITE some reason to play Singleplayer... Maps are different, in online play they are simply boring... in singleplayer theyre at least "less boring" but well who understands japanese can play through the story in SP. Online play is just some kind of Sandbox mode with different enemies...

So Im on singleplayer for now (also takes too long to wait for ppl to finish their games in servers)

silkyskeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Markan said:
Ok I guess I will have to use a Translation FAQ on youtube or elsewhere to get the hang of Wi-Fi.

edit:
Hmm there is QUITE some reason to play Singleplayer... Maps are different, in online play they are simply boring... in singleplayer theyre at least "less boring" but well who understands japanese can play through the story in SP. Online play is just some kind of Sandbox mode with different enemies...

So Im on singleplayer for now (also takes too long to wait for ppl to finish their games in servers)
I take it you didnt play MUCH of online....After stage 25 or so online, online becomes ALOT of fun(I agree the first 20 or so stages are too short and boring as all hell, but then again same can be said for story mode). I dunno, to eaches own I guess.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Markan said:

edit:

All you need to understand in 1P is: kill everything. So there: now you can complete 1P mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?