Gaming Zelda - Phantom Hourglass FAQ

Tuxedo Kamen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK guys...Â

I know EVERYONE must be able to do this besides me (since no one else has asked about it), but what's technique to killing the giant water plant that's baring me from docking on the big island in the SW sector? I spent 2 hours shooting cannon balls at the flappy thing in the back of it, but I can't tell if I was doing damage or not (sometimes HP meters would come in handy). I finally got tired of doing it over and over and went fishing.Â
rolleyes.gif
 Is there something else I should be doing? Or do I need to do the Sun dungeon first (I just finished the 2nd hourglass level)?

Thanks for any info offered.

tGWÂ
nds.gif

BTW... I've been hitting the plant with the upgraded cannon that you get in the mail, if that helps.

You must hit the eye, not the plant itself. When your closer, she seems to close the eye, so you have to go away and the plant will re-open it. When she has the eye open, just quickly head there and hit that eye. Repeat.

theGrandWazoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys... 

I know EVERYONE must be able to do this besides me (since no one else has asked about it), but what's technique to killing the giant water plant that's baring me from docking on the big island in the SW sector?  I spent 2 hours shooting cannon balls at the flappy thing in the back of it, but I can't tell if I was doing damage or not (sometimes HP meters would come in handy).  I finally got tired of doing it over and over and went fishing. 
rolleyes.gif
  Is there something else I should be doing?  Or do I need to do the Sun dungeon first (I just finished the 2nd hourglass level)?

Thanks for any info offered.

tGW Â
nds.gif

BTW... I've been hitting the plant with the upgraded cannon that you get in the mail, if that helps.

You must hit the eye, not the plant itself. When your closer, she seems to close the eye, so you have to go away and the plant will re-open it. When she has the eye open, just quickly head there and hit that eye. Repeat.

Thanks TK... I'll give it a try. I had a feeling I was doing it wrong!
wacko.gif

tGW
nds.gif

NinjaKick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the game. Fun, but sooo short. The file is only half the size of max DS capacity, they could have added so much more stuff to do..
frown.gif

The other piece of land on the first island in the northeast corner, I'm assuming is something like a cave of ordeals, does anyone know how to get to it? I got the statue out of the ground and he's shooting his blue beam, but I can't figure out where to aim it.

dark_angel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just finished the game. Fun, but sooo short. The file is only half the size of max DS capacity, they could have added so much more stuff to do..
frown.gif

The other piece of land on the first island in the northeast corner, I'm assuming is something like a cave of ordeals, does anyone know how to get to it? I got the statue out of the ground and he's shooting his blue beam, but I can't figure out where to aim it.

u have to bomb the wall NW of the bird
the only thing on that island is some girl who lets u give presents to ur friends onlie

xtoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
About the red door, i did have read the first faq, i also checked all stones.

It must be
1 ---- 2
/
3 ---- 4

I tried to draw this Z on the door, but still it's says it's incorrect. I tried different ways, what am i doing wrong?

troa11

Older Than You
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very close...you have to connect back from 4 to 1 at the end, if you read the faq answer closely it says you must go back to where you started the line or something like that.

xtoc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
thx, it works. but then i enter a room with 2 candles and in the middle on the stair a sun, when i click on it, i see a mirror map with a green orb. when i want to leave the room the elve keeps me in the room, i can' leave it anytmore. Tried bombs , i also tried to blow the candles out, also tried some stuff with my boomerang, nothing happens. i also cant draw on the map where the green orb is showed, also not on my own map.
nevermind
i closed my ds and there it was, weird, i thought this needed to been done somewhere else.

troa11

Older Than You
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go all the way to the end and you can open the last door now. Oh and you can kill the knights from behind now.

On another note I have a question...

The last boss, when he's a knight and traps my fairy, I can get him into a animation where I knock him back and get my fairy to give me some power for my hourglass...but after that every time I try to attack he jumps to the side and I can't get into the "scratch the screen" animation to knock him back. Do I need to do something different here?

troa11

Older Than You
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not the master sword, it's the phantom sword, the master sword is lodged firmly in Ganon's head at the bottom of the ocean. At any rate you don't get it until the near end of the game.

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone remember where they got the last red orb?
I'm stuck at 9..
the last one I got was at the 3rd dungeon (with the arrows, and glowing block)
I currently just finished the phantom hourglass dungeon for the 3rd time.

Did i miss it? i want the upgrade..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: who's up for rating and showing some playlists? https://gbatemp.net/blogs/blog/playlist-rating.5153/