kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey, i wanna thank donelwero for making it known that this game doesn't take a lot of effort to hack!
bro if you wanna work with me on it that's cool - we're two guys that don't have the time to work on it

so yeah
I don't really have a lot of time to work on this thing as a really big project, but my girlfriend was really curious how to play this game and was pretty stumped by the tutorial (the part where you have to quickly slide the stylus 3 times to make those zombies run, even the picture is pretty vague) so I made this patch because I love her and hate seeing her get stumped with videogames lol.
Now, it's probably easy for you guys to pick up the game right after the tutorial, so here you go!
I threw together a little package with stuff. A lot of stuff that patches the game. All recycled from my Coropata patch.

oh, you wanna know what's translated?
the name entry screen (mostly) and the tutorial (which is kinda messy)
OKAY THERE I TOLD YOU

tested, works on my acekard2i running akaio 1.8.5a, so I assume if your card can run Zombie Daisuki in the first place it'll probably run the patched version too

I'll probably revisit this, but don't get butthurt if I never update this patch again. Personally I'd like someone to help me figure out how to change the images so I can translate those, too, despite their straightforwardness - I have this urge to change this game's name to "I

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Sweet. I was looking at the release thread while I was at work.
I come home, and there's already some English hacked in.

Great job.
toot.gif

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Kosheh, I already translated some skills. And the first tutorial when you get to the farm. Maybe if we ask nicely someone can make a text dumper/inserter. Everythings there but I don't have the skills or the knowledge to do some tool like that.

kosheh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
donelwero said:
Hey Kosheh, I already translated some skills. And the first tutorial when you get to the farm. Maybe if we ask nicely someone can make a text dumper/inserter. Everythings there but I don't have the skills or the knowledge to do some tool like that.
That might be a good idea. :V

Also, by skills do you mean Heavy Bite, Lucky Bite, etc?

They're actually in English elsewhere in the ROM.
tongue.gif

Also whoa I totally didn't get to the farm I've just been working on the basic tutorial. x)
I did do random pause-menu things though

And I'm not really playing my DS as much lately, I've been trying to marathon through all 3 Crash Bandicoot games for the PS1 rofl

though I've been kinda busy so that hasn't been working out much for me, lol

justin05

Trophies
XP
Country
I do want to learn both, i guess i could start with the hacking then eventually inch my way into
learning Japanese. Like what tools or what things i should get, stuffs like that.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
justin05 said:
I do want to learn both, i guess i could start with the hacking then eventually inch my way into
learning Japanese. Like what tools or what things i should get, stuffs like that.

You can learn from FAST's guide about tools, but for romhacking, it's best to start with the basics, which is NES games.
http://romhacking.net/start

I can also send you some links with a little bit of help via PM.

However, for programming you'd have to figure out which language would be better suited for you. A lot of programmers who romhack use C# and C++.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1