Gaming zombie game

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, no. There is a Type the Dead, I believe, but it's hard to get much out of it, since it's intended for Japanese audiences. You could try Dementium, though I didn't care for it myself.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typing of the Dead is great until you reach a part that you need Japanese.

Dementium is the best FPS on the DS, for me anyway.

Touch The Dead/Dead 'n' Furious is an average on rails shooter.

Teenage Zombies From Outer Space, sort of like Lost Vikings but nowhere near as good.

Resident Evil DS is great if you can get past the tank controls.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AS ABOVE Dementium but for extra fun use good headphones with it and play in a darkened room it enhances the gameplay somewhat from the norm lol
smile.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
AS ABOVE Dementium but for extra fun use good headphones with it and play in a darkened room it enhances the gameplay somewhat from the norm lol
smile.gif
Oh hell yeah, without headphones its not worth playing. The sound makes that game.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nanashi no Game is creepy as all hell. But the zombies are more "ghosts" than anything. They look and act like zombies though, so it's semantics. Too bad the game is Japan only. It's one of the scarier games I've played. You can't attack in the game, just run away.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Leamonde.Halcyon said:
Well there IS Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ

Aha! Good call. Totally forgot that one. It's a great, little campy shooter. Pretty tough game, though.

Leamonde.Halcyon

6x9=42
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I think of it as a matter of personal taste. It seems to be one of those love it or hate it games. Not well known and not well liked but with a little fan following that enjoy it. It's worth a try to see if it's your thing though. Silly concept but fun, I think.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Dongdrian said:
Teenage Zombies From Outer Space, sort of like Lost Vikings but nowhere near as good.
Holy crap, really? I've always wondered if there's a greater genre which The Lost Vikings belongs to. I've beaten both games so many times and always wished there were more similar games, but never found anything or even knew where to start looking. I'll give this a shot even if it does suck.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vague Rant said:
Dongdrian said:
Holy crap, really? I've always wondered if there's a greater genre which The Lost Vikings belongs to. I've beaten both games so many times and always wished there were more similar games, but never found anything or even knew where to start looking. I'll give this a shot even if it does suck.
The Mega Drive version of Animaniacs was also like Lost Vikings and was pretty good too.

CockroachMan reviewed it for me here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130032

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Transformers the Animated Series is also pretty Lost Vikings-esque, each robot does a special technique needed to pass levels. I didn't dig the game, but if you like LVs so much, you might enjoy it.

I did love Lil' Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ. It's always fun to have on a memory card for quick shooting action.

Today I was at a Wal-Mart with a friend who asked about Teenage Zombies being a good game. I replied "It's not a game you pay for" and I stand by it. If you are talking about playing it for "free" though, it's decent.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Massive bump because I didn't see this until a couple of days ago. I played Transformers Animated and thought it was pretty good (far too short at 25 levels, especially when a bunch of them are those ridiculously short driving stages), but certainly a respectable game. I had a lot of fun with it, despite having beaten it already. Thanks for the tip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1