1-10 How would you rate Current Gen Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
No, sorry, fail. It's a console ffs! No console is worth more than $300 tops. I spent less than $600 to build a more powerful PC than the PS3 would be if it were a PC, and it can do more than play a few iffy games, and DVDs.

Beyond that, consoles historically, take a hit on the hardware price, which MOST console manufacturers expect to make up in software licensing.

Games: Those games don't interest me. The PS3 has no good games right now, and some games for it have already been cancelled, but they were not interesting to me either so it's a moot point. Bottom line no good RPGs, no GREAT other type of games at the present.

So, now we'll re-rate the PS3:
PS3 0/10 -2 additional points, "I saw a fanboi the other day..." "Terrible creatures, I avoid them whenever possible..."

Bonus round: re-rate of PSP
PSP 6/10 no pt change, but I'm thinking about getting one to emulate the PSX...

That makes no sense? That means you have the crappy 360. The Core is the only 360 that was 300$. 600$? Powerful PC? LOL. If you think with 600$ you have a powerful PC you have no idea what your talking about. You're being such a fanboy it's ridiculous. In your OPINION the PS3 has no good games. In MY Opinion the PS3 has MANY MANY great games. If you give it a 0/10 because you feel like being a Nintendo Fanboy your just pathetic.

QUOTEX360 - 9/10. This is now the established gaming console, too many AAA titles in the past 6 months to say anything else. MS's use of an easier SDK and API have allowed a relatively easy port of games from 360 to PC and back, creating more incentive for developers.

Wii - 8/10. New, many great games out and coming out, but the 360 has it beat

PS3 - 5/10. It is overpriced. Sony made it too expensive and they have to sell it at a loss to be competative, their fault. Harder to develop for, it's extra power isn't worth the time needed. It came out too late to beat the 360.

Contradiction? You said they sell it at a loss yet it is overpriced. Last time I checked overpriced means they sell it at a higher price than it should be to get a higher profit.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Overpriced
According to that Overpriced means it is higher priced than worth, The PS3 is sold at a loss thus it's not overpriced. It's not that hard to develop for it's the devs ( mostly EA ) who just makes shitty ports. It came out too late to beat the 360? So did the Wii yet it has sold more than one million more in less than HALF the time the 360 took to sell all those consoles. That argument fails.

There's a difference from Expensive and Overpriced. Last time I checked, they were completely different things.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$60 for a bare minimum mobo
$250 for an 8800GT
$100 for a PSU
$80 for 2GB of RAM
$240 for Q6600
Scrap HDD and ODD from old PC, no need for a case (so no fans either). Hook up to TV for monitor
=$750 - close enough

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
$60 for a bare minimum mobo
$250 for an 8800GT
$100 for a PSU
$80 for 2GB of RAM
$240 for Q6600
Scrap HDD and ODD from old PC, no need for a case (so no fans either). Hook up to TV for monitor
=$750 - close enough

''$60 for a bare minimum mobo''
Stopped reading right there. If you spend only 60$ on a mobo the PC it self will fail. and 750$ =/= 600$

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No, sorry, fail.  It's a console ffs!  No console is worth more than $300 tops.  I spent less  than $600 to build a more powerful PC than the PS3 would be if it were a PC, and it can do more than play a few iffy games, and DVDs.

Beyond that, consoles historically, take a hit on the hardware price, which MOST console manufacturers expect to make up in software licensing.

Games:  Those games don't interest me.  The PS3 has no good games right now, and some games for it have already been cancelled, but they were not interesting to me either so it's a moot point.  Bottom line no good RPGs, no GREAT other type of games at the present.

So, now we'll re-rate the PS3:
PS3 0/10 -2 additional points,  "I saw a fanboi the other day..."  "Terrible creatures, I avoid them whenever possible..."

Bonus round: re-rate of PSP
PSP 6/10 no pt change, but I'm thinking about getting one to emulate the PSX...

That makes no sense? That means you have the crappy 360. The Core is the only 360 that was 300$. 600$? Powerful PC? LOL. If you think with 600$ you have a powerful PC you have no idea what your talking about. You're being such a fanboy it's ridiculous. In your OPINION the PS3 has no good games. In MY Opinion the PS3 has MANY MANY great games. If you give it a 0/10 because you feel like being a Nintendo Fanboy your just pathetic.

QUOTE said:
X360 - 9/10. This is now the established gaming console, too many AAA titles in the past 6 months to say anything else. MS's use of an easier SDK and API have allowed a relatively easy port of games from 360 to PC and back, creating more incentive for developers.

Wii - 8/10. New, many great games out and coming out, but the 360 has it beat

PS3 - 5/10. It is overpriced. Sony made it too expensive and they have to sell it at a loss to be competative, their fault. Harder to develop for, it's extra power isn't worth the time needed. It came out too late to beat the 360.

Contradiction? You said they sell it at a loss yet it is overpriced. Last time I checked overpriced means they sell it at a higher price than it should be to get a higher profit.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Overpriced
According to that Overpriced means it is higher priced than worth, The PS3 is sold at a loss thus it's not overpriced. It's not that hard to develop for it's the devs ( mostly EA ) who just makes shitty ports. It came out too late to beat the 360? So did the Wii yet it has sold more than one million more in less than HALF the time the 360 took to sell all those consoles. That argument fails.

There's a difference from Expensive and Overpriced. Last time I checked, they were completely different things.

Question: Did you start this topic for the sole purpose of tearing down everyone's opinions? You asked for our opinions and we have given them. Everyone has a different opinion on how the different systems should be rated. Granted some of the comments make no sense or tear down the PS3 for no reason but you seem to be defending the system as if we were insulting you somehow.

My point stands and is still valid. The PS3 has the potential to be a good system. But until the games are there it will continue to limp. Say what you want but the exclusive games worth getting on the PS3 are not worth buying one. Outside of that, other AAA games for the PS3 are already on the 360.

Fitzy

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does cost more than it's worth to buy and develop for.

The Wii is completely seperate, it is probably the cheapest to develop for because it's "2 gamecubes duct together."

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'll disregard the price.

PC: 10/10
It has all and does all. It rules so much. Upgradeable, always cutting edge, has more developers working for it than any other console, has all genres you could imagine (and more), backwards compatible, future proof. Has it all. Games don't have to be dumbed down to adjust for lower resolutions and fiddlier controls that consoles have (*cought*RTS*cough*). The only downside is that you need upgrades relatively frequently, and that's the fiddly part. Another downside would be the many thousands of dollars required, but I have disregarded the price so that point is moot
nyanya.gif

Xbox 360: 7/10.
Huge library of games, with a growth tendency, because the console is popular with developers. Decently powerful hardware. The good thing is that since the hardware is standardized, once you make one game you know how to make dozens more. From the user part, the fact you never have to look for new drivers, new hardware, new software, makes it more practical.
The downside... not many genres, and of those present, many are extremely ill-suited for a gamepad (FPS? Come on.).

PS3: Hmmmm. Hardware: 9/10. Games: 2/10.
The thing is, while the PS3 is a very powerful machine, nobody actually knows how to use it. It's like a huge alien artifact, and it will take years of poking and probing and studying to get to know it, and to learn how to make games that take full advantage of it. Current games are merely scratching the surface of what the PS3 can do, and like all scratches, seeing them makes you cringe. Very few good games (for now), but we can expect more really good ones in the future (when, and indeed if, they manage to start this monolithic behemoth to a run in any direction). Again, expect very few genres, but fortunately, the genres present are the most popular ones, so most people are set. All the console-specific characteristics present in the Xbox360 apply here, only the PS3 should last longer (we'll wait and see if it actually does, though).

Wii: Hmmm again. Hardware: 10/10, games 6/10.
The hardware is more than enough to make great, revolutionary games, but what the developers are doing with it is criminal. It's like a command-line-adventure-game developer seeing a touch screen for the first time, and saying "cool, now you can write commands by hand instead of typing them", and completely and utterly failing to see the possibility of a point & click system. Thinking outside of the box was never been the developers' strong point, to the point where they try desperately to follow the same old ruts even when the box has changed its shape to something completely different. "Pushing the envelope" becomes very wrong when the envelope has turned into an origami frog around you, and you failed to realize it (because you're busy pushing).
That being said, I must add that the Wii a) does have some excellent games, b) isn't aimed at the kind of crowd that would do this kind of comparisons anyway (because they wouldn't consider getting any of the other consoles at all). The problem is the "target audience" isn't the same as "actual owners". The community of actual owners is extremely schizoid, divided into business people/your mother on one side, and gamers on the other; ones being giddy with excitement to see the character on screen respond to random Wiimote waggling, while getting stuck on higher levels, the others expecting new, revolutionary, pinpoint precision controls at lightning speeds, and not getting them, with developers trying to create games for both sides at the same time. Result: not so good. Very much so. The sooner the Wii-oriented gaming industry divides games into casual Popcap-Games-like pointer clickfests on one side, and hardcore games that use every last bit of what the Wiimote can measure/register to create wild new control schemes and provide serious gameplay that the Wii hardware is actually capable of on the other side, the better.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Question: Did you start this topic for the sole purpose of tearing down everyone's opinions? You asked for our opinions and we have given them. Everyone has a different opinion on how the different systems should be rated. Granted some of the comments make no sense or tear down the PS3 for no reason but you seem to be defending the system as if we were insulting you somehow.

My point stands and is still valid. The PS3 has the potential to be a good system. But until the games are there it will continue to limp. Say what you want but the exclusive games worth getting on the PS3 are not worth buying one. Outside of that, other AAA games for the PS3 are already on the 360.

Fitzy

Lol no? I started this thread to see everyones opinions. I have only commented on some people. Most of them post no valid reasons at all to why the ps3 '' suckzers '' so I have to make a come back as that is not fair. Most of the people that do this appear to either be Nintendo Fans or Xbox/Microsoft Fans. Just because they hate the company ( in this case Sony ) they shouldn't be hating on the console itself. It did nothing to their console or anything. So yeah.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You asked for people's opinions as to what they think of the next-gen consoles. If hatred of the company is one of those reasons/opinions then leave it be. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, stop trying to defend the PS3 to everyone who dislikes it; that's their own choice.
lecture.gif

C'est la vie!

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You asked for people's opinions as to what they think of the next-gen consoles. If hatred of the company is one of those reasons/opinions then leave it be. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, stop trying to defend the PS3 to everyone who dislikes it; that's their own choice.
lecture.gif

C'est la vie!

But I Like defending the PS3. Like I said before it's just not fair hating on the console because of the company. What if I hated The Xbox 360 because I hate Microsoft making crappy Windows. It wouldn't be fair to the 360. Your right everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's kinda of stupid hating on a console for no reason.

Your right though Ace I'll stop. :S Still when I see a stupid fanboy comment I couldn't help but argue
tongue.gif
I'll try to hold my self back now haha

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
But I Like defending the PS3. Like I said before it's just not fair hating on the console because of the company. What if I hated The Xbox 360 because I hate Microsoft making crappy Windows. It wouldn't be fair to the 360. Your right everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it's kinda of stupid hating on a console for no reason.

Your right though Ace I'll stop. :S Still when I see a stupid fanboy comment I couldn't help but argue
tongue.gif

It's perfectly within a person's rights to dislike a product because they dislike a company. It might be stupid, but it's their call. Now stop derailing any topic that even mentions the PS3. If you want to defend the console, then start a new topic where you go through the pros of the system.
smile.gif
You may like defending the PS3 in every topic, but the other members don't necessarily like you doing it. And I certainly don't like closing every topic due to it devolving into a PS3-related off-topic flame war.
lecture.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

tongue.gif

It's perfectly within a person's rights to dislike a product because they dislike a company. It might be stupid, but it's their call. Now stop derailing any topic that even mentions the PS3. If you want to defend the console, then start a new topic where you go through the pros of the system.
smile.gif
You may like defending the PS3 in every topic, but the other members don't necessarily like you doing it. And I certainly don't like closing every topic due to it devolving into a PS3-related off-topic flame war.
lecture.gif

Okay, but can I argue if they make a topic solely to flame on the console right? RIGHT!?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I own all three.

Xbox360 - 8/10 (Would be higher but RRoD sucks)
PS3 - 5/10 (Hurry up and get some games already)
Wii - 6/10 (Enough with the PS2 ports and mini games)

Off-topic - ZeWarriorReturns how can you even defend the PS3 so much if you don't own one?

Jhongerkong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 10/10 - The scrolling news thing in fw 2.0 is pure genius

360 10/10 - DOA Xtreme beach volleyball is awesome

Wii 10/10 - Everybody votes channel, nuff said

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Sony's PlayStation 3
6/10
One of the most powerful console system. With Blu-ray capabilities, it's a good machine to own. Graphics is stunning. However, it has a few must-play games. Every great game there is, it's on the Xbox 360. I can sacrifice Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and I don't like racing games.

Microsoft's Xbox 360
8/10
Microsoft decides to enter the console gaming market despite its fledgling experience. Well, still it's a good console, despite the flaws (over-heating and rings). Many awesome and die-hard must-play games.

Nintendo's Wii
7/10
Revolutionary, spectacular control scheme. Gameplay is fun. However, it lacks good graphics and many developers still haven't got the gist of making a good game on the Wii but I believe they'll gain more experience and create something like Super Mario Galaxy!

I second Mr. Chilly. Except for the fact that I want to raise the grade of the PS3 to 8/10 since I cannot live without Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1