1-10 How would you rate Current Gen Consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wii - Some games have given me an experience that I wouldn't have had without the Wiimote. Starting to get some great games but still way too many casual titles, hopefully it'll be like the DS and start getting big titles. Too many ports and 3rd party publishers seem to not bother with its version of a game that is multiplatform. VC is a great idea but too expensive. Web browser should be free. Why the hell is this thing over heating so it freezes up when I play? I don't even leave it on standby. The potential is there though. 6

Do you have it in an enclosed space? I once had mine in my TV cabinet closed behind a glass door (I didn't realise the door had been closed) and it overheated and froze (ha, that's a bit of an oxymoron
tongue.gif
). The only way to get it working again was to unplug it and reset the controllers; it was a hassle.
dry.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
ps3 5/10
360 9/10
wii 9/10

im only basing these opinions on what ive heard since i dont actually have any of these consoles
i do find that lately games are being produced which scream "next-gen" so that initial anxiety of new games having "just" good graphics are gone
i hope ill have a wii by the time SSB comes out

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
out of tens... I only like giving out of tens when I'm like "643/10!!!"
so, in this case:

360 :
tup.gif

Halo 3 alone will supply years of entertainment for me and my friends.

Wii :
tup.gif

Super. Fucking. Metroid.

PS3 :
tdown.gif

Don't like Sony, don't like blu-ray, don't like the price.

I am quite against sony, I just flat out do not like the company, no it's not because I love nintendo/microsoft, I just like them a hell of a lot more.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Wii: 9/10 - Its innovation, you cant deny that, plus has some AAA Titles.

Xbox360: 7/10 - Awesome Library of games and great online.

PS3: 2/10 - lol, what is that? a refrigerator? oh wait... it heats up and doesnt cool down... plus Stop copying your tactics... High Price for what? a blue-ray? stop saying people what to buy, jesus...

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Wii : 7/10. My current favorite, lacks games, but starting next year, it'll get that kickstart it needs with Mario Kart. Just like the DS!
Playstation Three : 3/10. It plays movies and "resistance : fall of man". I gave it an extra point, because frankly I can only feel pity towards sony nowadays. Nah, let's keep trolling them so they do more price cuts, I want to buy a PS3 once it gets below the 150€ mark, muhahahaha!
Xbox 360 : 2/10. It's not a console, it's a junky toaster that breaks all the time, I HATE it. HATEHATEHATE. Fuck you, Bill! (I really wanted to enjoy assassin's creed, halo 3, and mass effect on it and thus my score may be skewed by the poor hardware design. Once we get it repaired, it'll get its deserved 5, because there are even less games on it that appeal to me than the wii)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii - Some games have given me an experience that I wouldn't have had without the Wiimote. Starting to get some great games but still way too many casual titles, hopefully it'll be like the DS and start getting big titles. Too many ports and 3rd party publishers seem to not bother with its version of a game that is multiplatform. VC is a great idea but too expensive. Web browser should be free. Why the hell is this thing over heating so it freezes up when I play? I don't even leave it on standby. The potential is there though. 6

Do you have it in an enclosed space? I once had mine in my TV cabinet closed behind a glass door (I didn't realise the door had been closed) and it overheated and froze (ha, that's a bit of an oxymoron
tongue.gif
). The only way to get it working again was to unplug it and reset the controllers; it was a hassle.
dry.gif
No its out in the open. Gonna be taking it back to where I got it from next week.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wii 9/10: It's almost perfect. Just gimme an HDMI port and rid of those 3rd-party horrible games and it's a 10/10.

Xbox360 8/10: Great console, great games. Breaks too much, but not a problem for me, I know how to repair them
smile.gif

PS3 2/10: Useless. Too expensive for what it offers. When it will cost 150$, maaaaaaybe... But not before. And it REALLY doesn't have a single good game. And I prefer HD-DVD.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii 8/10
Pros - very innovative, affordable, good selection of games
Cons - "kiddy"games need more mature titles

Xbox360 7/10

Pros - great selection of games
Cons - most great games are pc ports, best games for the console are better on the PC, still expensive

PS3 5/10

Pros - ..... well it has blue ray ? lol
Cons- limited selection of games, very expensive

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Thou i didnt played any of them, but i'm reading lot of them and sometimes watch gameplay videos
PS3 5/10
360 8/10
Wii 8/10

ChillyPepper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sony's PlayStation 3
6/10
One of the most powerful console system. With Blu-ray capabilities, it's a good machine to own. Graphics is stunning. However, it has a few must-play games. Every great game there is, it's on the Xbox 360. I can sacrifice Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and I don't like racing games.

Microsoft's Xbox 360
8/10
Microsoft decides to enter the console gaming market despite its fledgling experience. Well, still it's a good console, despite the flaws (over-heating and rings). Many awesome and die-hard must-play games.

Nintendo's Wii
7/10
Revolutionary, spectacular control scheme. Gameplay is fun. However, it lacks good graphics and many developers still haven't got the gist of making a good game on the Wii but I believe they'll gain more experience and create something like Super Mario Galaxy!

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've never been much of a fanboy although throughout most of my childhood I've always had Nintendo systems in my home (NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, etc.). So I may feel inclined to lean towards Nintendo systems but here are my ratings:

Nintendo Wii: Third-parties are not doing so well on the Wii right now. For every one good game from a third-party we see about 5 bad ones. With the success of the Wii, we should expect to see more and more quality games from many developers as they figure out what works on the Wii. First party games are as good as ever however. The virtual console is a great idea allowing us to dip into our past and play games we enjoyed as children or games that we never had a chance to experience. The motion controls of the Wii are an excellent idea although implemation sometimes is sketchy at best. Great system, but it has it's flaws. Overall: 8/10.

Microsoft XBox 360: Excellent system. Great game library because of the headstart they were able to get on the other next-gen systems. Online is solid and the marketplace is a nice addition as well. The 360 loses points for their constant hardware failures and subpar customer service. God damn you 1-800-4-MYXBOX. God damn you. Overall: 7.5/10.

Playstation 3: Having not had extended experience with this system yet (do not own it but my roomie does) I cannot really give a unbiased opinion about it. The controller has not changed since the beginning of the PS One. Games are not there for the system yet. They do have some good exclusives but most of the most wanted games for the PS3 are also availiable on the XBox 360. For Sony to get out of their current funk they will need exclusives! And lots of them like the PS2 days. I like what I've seen on the system so far, PS Network is free and the PS Marketplace is very well done compared to the sometimes cluttered XBox Marketplace. Drop the price some more, and I might even buy one. Again that depends on the games. And I'm sure others will agree on that point as well. Overall: 5/10.

Fitzy

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
this is flaimbait food for fanboys so i will ignore this topic.

This. There are so many fanboyish comments it's ridiculous o.0 The PS3 is useless? It has no games? It's too expensive? The 40GB Bigger HDD then premium 360, Wireless, Blu-Ray, and it also has games for 400$ all out of the box. The 360 Premium when it came out was 400$, What did it offer? A smaller HDD, No Wireless, DVD, but it had a couple more games then the PS3. Wow, wonder who got the better deal? The 360 has 3 USB ports IIRC, the 40GB has 2. Wow buy a hub, The 40GB doesn't have a card reader, neither does any of the 360's not even the elite, come on microsoft wtf. Seriously the ''too expensive'' comment is a failure, for a 360 to even COMPARE to the PS3 in terms of things you can do with it, would make the 360 Arcade ( 280$ ) cost over 450$. Wow whats the expensive console now? Really some of these comments seem downright retarded.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xbox 360 7/10 (Would get a 9 if it wasn't for the RoD)
PS3 5/10 (It really needs some good games)
Wii 5/10 (That also needs more good games releasing on it)

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 - 7/10 because of price and strong security
360 - 7/10 because of RROD, lack of HDMI in early models
Wii - 6/10 because of its PS2 specs.

Edit: If I actually owned a Wii, I'd have given it 7/10.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PS3 - 4/10. crap games, expensive. ( could become much better with price drop and good games, I'm just not paying that amount for a blue ray player that can play a few crappy games)
360 - 9/10. awesome games, good for price.
Wii - 7/10. average games, good ideas, expensive for technology within.
DS - 10/10 awesome games, awesome price. awesome

Rammoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 -> 4 Overpriced, lame extra controller feautures and not too many games to buy for
Xbox360 -> 8.5 Does pretty much all you can expect from a next gen. Good price, Good games, Good service.
Wii -> 9.5 It makes the lack of graphics up for being a great entertainer and innovation.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well... In my opinion..

PS3 - 6/10 (Aren't HD-DVD's enough!?)
XBOX360 - 8/10 (Pretty good library of games made, and graphics are nice.)
Wii - 8/10 (Ninty...
tongue.gif
And SMG! And other games.
biggrin.gif
)

~Nero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf