Hacking 10.4.0-29 flying in !!

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point is for lower firmware we have other entry points and free too, so losing Ironhax on lower firmware is not big deal. While losing Ironhax on new firmware may be lethal for O3DS if Nintendo pulls another browser brick again and people don't have menuhax or their menuhax are corrupted => depended on paidhax again.
yeah, but i didnt have any other entrypoints, other than ironhax, because the few i used were blocked earlier, and i dont have an sd card reader, so i relied on ftBRONY to move files to and from the ds. it doesnt matter now, i installed menuhax with my working ironhax install and successfully downgraded to 9.2. only loss? almost all of me installed titles.

EDIT: still got my save data :)
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I backup my N3DS 10.3 emuNAND to emuNAND.bin, then update emuNAND to 10.4 and don't like it, will restoring emuNAND.bin bring back 10.3 to emuNAND?
yes, but backup all data on the sd card root, too.
EDIT: also just make sure you follow all of the precautions when updating emuNAND; dont update from eshop, dont enter, exit, and re-enter settings, etc.

Last edited by CIAwesome526,
Reactions: NekoMichi

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I find it interesting (if unrelated) that this firmware update of Nintendos came out just 24 hours or so after sky3ds released thier 110 update. I don't own either, just interesting... I wonder...
The update came out because everyone (literally everyone, RxTools, Gateway, Cakes, ReiNAND) added 10.3 emunand support on N3DS after months of work. By bringing the N3DS to the latest firmware, it caught Nintendo's attention and they put an end to it, for now.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe try on Gateway again, just to confirm.

Will do, right now I'm trying to import the US badge arcade...mine randomly switched to the JP version via magic or something.....

Edit: can confirm something screwy is going on with gateway emunand on 10.4

MicroSD management CIA is broken and my badge arcade loads in JP. Only effects gateway not rei

Last edited by marksteele,

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do, right now I'm trying to import the US badge arcade...mine randomly switched to the JP version via magic or something.....
this was their plan. turn marksteele's badgearcade app into that of another region.
TYlImrx.gif

Reactions: gamesquest1

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Edit: can confirm something screwy is going on with gateway emunand on 10.4

MicroSD management CIA is broken and my badge arcade loads in JP. Only effects gateway not rei

Very odd. I definitely expected this to be a simple "update launcher tomorrow and carry on" kind of update, since the big 9.6+ emunand holy grail was achieved, but maybe it'll be a little longer of a wait if there's weird things happening. Hopefully once Gateway support for 10.4 comes about, the weird side effects go away.

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Generally gateway advise to update loader then emunand. In the past similar problems were common, I don't think its a show stopper by any means. 10.5 though....

Reactions: CIAwesome526

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Generally gateway advise to update loader then emunand. In the past similar problems were common, I don't think its a show stopper by any means. 10.5 though....

Ya I mean the current 10.4 gateway emunand problems are more annoyances than anything else so I'm sure when they release an update it will be fixed. I'm more worried about that error code badge arcade cheaters are getting tbh lol

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya I mean the current 10.4 gateway emunand problems are more annoyances than anything else so I'm sure when they release an update it will be fixed. I'm more worried about that error code badge arcade cheaters are getting tbh lol

Yeah nintendo seems to hate people cheating way more than stealing their stuff. I think thats what most bans are caused by these days. I can see them trying to thwart whatever they can. With the cheats I don't know what GW can do as I'm sure some is server side.

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

They're getting errors? That can't be coincidental, that rabbit is coming for them! ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I need shrooms to read his comments