• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

10 year old killed his mom because she didn't buy a VR set

caipora

cheese eating lactose intolerant
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Strongly disagree here. We're not talking about graffiti or property damage here, we're talking about taking a life. When you cause serious bodily harm or death I don't think it matters whether you're a kid or not.
You sending a kid possibly psychologically ill with violence issues to a life of confinament in an ambient of hostility and fear with other kids - OLDER kids - with similar issues with no adequate treatment whatsoever?
Greatest idea ever, that's surely the best way to address the problem.
Post automatically merged:

Some of ya'll have weird perceptions on children and how they should be treated, for real... It's kinda worrying, hope you never have kids in your lives.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sending a kid possibly psychologically ill with violence issues to a life of confinament in an ambient of hostility and fear with other kids - OLDER kids - with similar issues with no adequate treatment whatsoever?
Greatest idea ever, that's surely the best way to address the problem.

Some of ya'll have weird perceptions on children and how they should be treated, for real... It's kinda worrying, hope you never have kids in your lives.
You said it yourself "possibly psychologically ill", there's no actual evidence the kid is mentally ill, let alone mentally ill enough to be unaware of what he did. The bar for criminal insanity is higher than you think and they're not just just gonna say "be free young psychopath, run around with your school chums". If he is ill enough he can be classified as insane he's still a danger and he'll probably end up institutionalized for a number of years. I think locking him up in juvenile detention until he's 18 or 21 and then reassessing the sentence is completely fair. By the kid's own admission he killed her because he was mad she woke him up early after refusing to buy it for him. That's intentional homicide and exactly why they're trying him as an adult. I think that's completely fair.

Teenagers do dumb shit too. You know why? The human brain is still developing until approximately age 25. That doesn't mean they should be completely exempt from shitty things they decide to do.

caipora

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You said it yourself "possibly psychologically ill", there's no actual evidence the kid is mentally ill, let alone mentally ill enough to be unaware of what he did. The bar for criminal insanity is higher than you think and they're not just just gonna say "be free young psychopath, run around with your school chums". If he is ill enough he can be classified as insane he's still a danger and he'll probably end up institutionalized for a number of years. I think locking him up in juvenile detention until he's 18 or 21 and then reassessing the sentence is completely fair. By the kid's own admission he killed her because he was mad she woke him up early after refusing to buy it for him. That's intentional homicide and exactly why they're trying him as an adult. I think that's completely fair.

Teenagers do dumb shit too. You know why? The human brain is still developing until approximately age 25. That doesn't mean they should be completely exempt from shitty things they decide to do.
DUDE LMAO WTF A C H I L D R E N SHOULD NOT FACE THE SAME SHIT ADULT DOES, even if they commit a crime
I'm not saying that he should "be free around school chums", i'm saying that this kid need assistance and further investigation must be made, just locking up the kid as they was an adult is ignoring a deeper problem. It's a kid, a person in development. "There's no evidence" yeah man, as you said, no evidence, he can or cannot be insane, but it is absolutely not normal, not remotely healthy, that a 10 year old kill their mother.

But yeah, whatever, ain't discussing it further.

... You're seriously making this comparision? A 10 year old x a 25 year old?
Goddammit you're stupid, never have a kid please.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DUDE LMAO WTF A C H I L D R E N SHOULD NOT FACE THE SAME SHIT ADULT DOES, even if they commit a crime
His crime was serious enough to be tried as an adult, people much more intelligent than you decided that. He didn't steal something, he killed his mom because she wouldn't buy him something and woke him up early.
... You're seriously making this comparision? A 10 year old x a 25 year old?
Before calling someone stupid, work on your reading comprehension. I said TEENAGERS still do dumb shit because they're not fully developed. That doesn't mean they should be immune from consequences.

• Haha
Reactions: caipora

caipora

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
His crime was serious enough to be tried as an adult, people much more intelligent than you decided that. He didn't steal something, he killed his mom because she wouldn't buy him something and woke him up early.

Before calling someone stupid, work on your reading comprehension. I said TEENAGERS still do dumb shit because they're not fully developed. That doesn't mean they should be immune from consequences.
Wow, that's definitely one of the texts written :o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: