Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,
I've been out of the game for so long that I've forgotten how I set up my 3ds to play monster hunter 4, but now that zero time dilemma is out, I tried to play it on my 9.x emunand to no avail (stuck nintendo screen after launch through the 'select + choosing game' maneuvre), after that I upgraded my emunand to the latest version 11.x, but the game selecting menu doesn't come out anymore (pressing select button), I upgraded the launcher 3DS file to the lastest version by gateway but it didn't change much.
Any pointers ?
If you installed it as a cia file. You need to load the game page on the eshop for it to work correctly. If that doesn't work, try out Luma3ds.

dantelynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed it as a cia file. You need to load the game page on the eshop for it to work correctly. If that doesn't work, try out Luma3ds.
Wow thanks for the quick answer :-) No unfortunately I did'nt install it as a cia file, so it does'nt show up on my emunand menu, I'll take a look at this Luma3ds thingy, will I need to format emunand to try Luma3ds ?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow thanks for the quick answer :-) No unfortunately I did'nt install it as a cia file, so it does'nt show up on my emunand menu, I'll take a look at this Luma3ds thingy, will I need to format emunand to try Luma3ds ?
Nope, no need to format. Its a free cfw that doesnt require a flashcard. Its worth a shot. And what do you mean? Is it a .3ds file?

Reactions: dantelynx

dantelynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is a 3ds file that I put in my microsd card in my red gateway card.
As I said, I am still an old fashioned guy :')

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it is a 3ds file that I put in my microsd card in my red gateway card.
As I said, I am still an old fashioned guy :')
Well then it may be a bad .3ds file. I still recommend using Luma3ds though xD cia files are more convenient for me. Luma3ds doesnt support the gateway cart so cia's would be the way to go. But if you wish to still use gateway, id try to find a different souce for that .3ds file.

Reactions: dantelynx

dantelynx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then it may be a bad .3ds file. I still recommend using Luma3ds though xD cia files are more convenient for me. Luma3ds doesnt support the gateway cart so cia's would be the way to go. But if you wish to still use gateway, id try to find a different souce for that .3ds file.
Will do and report back ASAP, thank you very much for the clarifications, that is kind of you :-p

Volan360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a 11.0 o3ds, recently got into homebrew with basicsploit, but when I try to launch luma3ds or cakes CFW, I get a blank screen. When I try to launch fbi, I get a "Failed to acquire kernel access" error

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a 11.0 o3ds, recently got into homebrew with basicsploit, but when I try to launch luma3ds or cakes CFW, I get a blank screen. When I try to launch fbi, I get a "Failed to acquire kernel access" error
Because you need to downgrade TO 9.2 for those... which is not at all possible on 11.0, unless you get a hardmod. All you can do on 11.0 is run userland homebrew....

Volan360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because you need to downgrade TO 9.2 for those... which is not at all possible on 11.0, unless you get a hardmod. All you can do on 11.0 is run userland homebrew....
Okay, thank you
Just to clarify, there is absolutely no way for me to run install .cia files or have a CFW until homebrew becomes more acquainted(for lack of a better word) to 11.0 firmware?

Also, what can I do with a userland homebrew?
Thanks

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, thank you
Just to clarify, there is absolutely no way for me to run install .cia files or have a CFW until homebrew becomes more acquainted(for lack of a better word) to 11.0 firmware?

Also, what can I do with a userland homebrew?
Thanks
Would requires a kernel exploit. Which could be a long ways away. Google 3ds homebrew...

sbm76

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just updated my N3DS Gateway (3.7.1) EmuNand to 11.0.0-33E, and now multirom selection does not work for some strange reason. SysNand is on 9.2.0-20E. The Gateway card is working in my O3DS (with an older EmuNand).
Any clues of what went wrong? When I boot into EmuNand nothing happens when I press the select button.

Update 1: Restored my emuNAND to 9.2.0-20E and now the multirom selection works again. I would prefer to be on 11.0.0-33E. I tried system update again, and once more the multirom selection stopped working. Hence I reverted to 9.2.0-20E. Any ideas of why it doesn't work using the latest update from Nintendo?

Update 2: Tried the launcher from GW 4.0b with emuNAND 11.0.0-33E and now the multirom selection works as it should.

Last edited by sbm76,

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
I think there is a gateway.bin payload though that can be loaded by luma/a9lh

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem as dantelynx .

I am trying to get Zero Time Dilemma to work.

I'm using a 3dsXL with 8.1 firmware (in system setup) on it.

I'm using gateway cards, installed years ago with the blue card-red card method plus microSD for roms.

I have been told that I need to update to get newer games like ZTD to work.

Is this the right method to solve the problem?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm using gateway cards, installed years ago with the blue card-red card method plus microSD for roms.

Use Plailect's guide to update to 9.2 and install A9LH. You will then be able to update with no consequences. I think Gateway works with it.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country

Gateway uses an emunand right?

Upgrading emunand to latest should do fine; just don't update sysNAND.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies.

What would be the safest way to update the emunand (and not do the sysNAND) ? I'm very new to this.

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just boot in emunand, start settings, verify that you are for sure in emu and update via update...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

Ok. What's the best way to be 100% in emu? I usually use the loading-webpage method.

Are you saying that AFTER I load the emunand (where I can push select and get a list of games) I should do the Nintendo update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    Veho @ Veho: Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!