Nintendo Switch firmware update 18.0.1 has been released

swithch.png

A new Nintendo Switch firmware update is here. System software version 18.0.1 has been released. This update offers the typical stability features as all other updates have, while also fixing a problem some users have experienced with wireless connectivity. As for Atmosphere compatibility concerns, SciresM says that the current Atmosphere 1.7.0 pre-release version should work fine with the new firmware update.

:arrow: Source

PotatoStatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God forbid we can use folders or sort options on the home screen, or filters anywhere.
Even the 3DS let you change the amount of icons on screen at once.
Other options - such as skipping user select when you have only one user on the console or have selected a default, or not burying the shutdown option under a long button press and a sub-menu - would not hurt either.

Maybe make the eShop stop sucking too. That's probably too hard for them though.

You people who defend Nintendo can't comprehend the difference between bogging down a UI with garbage, and adding some actually useful features that even their own previous systems had (at least in some cases). The Switch is a chore to use outside of games. We don't have to go from one extreme to another, you know.
There is an option to skip the user select actually. But yes I agree with the rest. It's missing basic features that couldn't possibly be used to hack it.

Reactions: TankedThomas

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
There is an option to skip the user select actually. But yes I agree with the rest. It's missing basic features that couldn't possibly be used to hack it.
Oh, so there is, my mistake. I didn't notice that in the settings.
Haven't had this system for long, to be honest. Didn't buy it brand new though. The less money Nintendo gets from me, the better.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every controller gets stick drift. Hall effect eventually gets drift. But keep talking about something you know nothing about.
Well, that, if you didn't look after the controller well, or if you're using some cheap Chinese one.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Every controller gets stick drift. Hall effect eventually gets drift. But keep talking about something you know nothing about.
the wii never got drift neither did the wiiu i still have my wii motes and chuck and they still work perfectly i use them in dolphin on the PC. they purposely cut corners to make the worst controllers on the planet designed to break so you fools have to keep replacing and buying them. won't matter if they are 3rd party it's the way they are designed that's pure cheap garbage where there is NO fix except to replace them which is just another sneaky under armed tactic these assholes use and YOU brainwashed IDIOTS fall for it every single time! :rofl:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
  • Haha
Reactions: NitroRevolutionNX

Statesman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You people who defend Nintendo can't comprehend the difference between bogging down a UI with garbage, and adding some actually useful features that even their own previous systems had (at least in some cases).
You do realize I'm not defending Nintendo, right? The angry face opening my post should have been a dead giveaway...

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It'd be funny if Nintendo still kept using the Switch by 2025/26. 😆
Or 50+ years, which should break the world record for the console sold the longest on the market, but I highly doubt that. The Switch should be discontinued sometime around 2026/27-ish or 9/10-years from its release.

inb4 my snake accidentally updated my switch.
"Frank! Why did you update my Switch?"

• Haha
Reactions: NitroRevolutionNX

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
welp...i have steam deck now so.....im good.
Post automatically merged:

It'd be funny if Nintendo still kept using the Switch by 2025/26. 😆

Who cares about graphics, right? Who cares about framerate, right?
only thing i care for is performance. but that will always be the issue no matter the hardvare because developers can always push the graphics needlesly beyong 60fps
capabilities and make it run 30.... oh wait, they already do that. cough! paper mario ttyd cough!

hall by nature cant get drift they operate completly differently. so.... yeah. theres that. My dreamcast controller works as it did the first day i bought it in 1999. no drift at all.
Yeah, dreamcast is a hall controller.
as for other controllers, no, not every, just crappy joycons get drift, but for nintendo that isnt an issue its a feature.
i never got one tho but i know my friend bought 5 and sent 5 more for repair.
Also i have some old as bible controllers and i never knew what a drift is till i bought switch.

Not sure why anyone gets mad at the firmware updates.
because updates are annoying especially if they are frequent. yes you dont need to update but the fact alone that nintendo released an update AGAIN is annoying by itself.
once a year is fine, but i mean come on.... also switch is nto the only device that updates. its super annoying.

Last edited by Metoroid0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that case is huge, but is cool.
  • D @ dadadad:
    I was installing mods for games, but when I removed the romfs folder, an error occurred. Now when I try to launch the game, I see a yellow screen, and I have to reboot the switch. Reinstalling the game didn't help. Can you advise me on what to do to launch the game without mods?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @dadadad delete sd:\atmosphere\contents
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should find out from the mod dev how to uninstall it. Every mod is different on how you install/uninstall.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @The Real Jdbye Wouldn't that take out bunch other stuff also?
  • D @ dadadad:
    Is it safe to delete the entire atmosphere folder? I don't remember what else was there, like edizon and tesla menu are installed through atmosphere, is it not a problem, will I not damage the system? There were too many mods, I won’t be able to contact each one, nothing was said about deleting in the description.
    @BigOnYa nothing that can't easily be replaced
    +1
    @dadadad no don't do that
    that will reset the configs
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    where can i find a clean copy of the mii maker for the wii u (EU)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Arne214, We don't ask for roms.
    +2
  • D @ dadadad:
    The installation was only through rofms and in the game folder in content. What else can I do?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I already told them about that and yet they make a thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Well I'm sure the mods will take care of it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reminds me of that one Spanish guy who was in here a week or so ago, that wouldn't translate their messages.
  • Arne214 @ Arne214:
    ok sry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I don't remember him
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ Si means yes, no means maybe
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Arne214, it's fine but dont ask for roms here again
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I only know very little Spanish, haven't done it in 5 years lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, que tan poco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, ages ago but don't remb most of it. Like they say, if you don't use it, you lose it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, A bit. I only know greetings and some other parts. Its quite an easy language to learn.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    But I don't remember most of it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, easy to learn despite having some relatively complex rules +1