Hacking 11.0.0-33 : The Aftermath

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, sweet, because I still want to do the A9 crap on my 2DS & N3DS, just been slow to start because I don't want to mess anything up. Thanks for the reply.

Just an added step, me and another have successfully downgrade from 11.0 to 2.1 using @Plailect guide, but we both have had to update our emunand to 11.0, insert the firmware.bin from part 5 into the luma folder and proceed to downgrade to 2.1, everything else i tried failed.

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an added step, me and another have successfully downgrade from 11.0 to 2.1 using @Plailect guide, but we both have had to update our emunand to 11.0, insert the firmware.bin from part 5 into the luma folder and proceed to downgrade to 2.1, everything else i tried failed.
Did you maybe have a modified twl firm that the update removed?

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm9LH users with updated sysnand would be able to flash their nand backup to go to a lower (probably vanilla) FW right? Or would titles from FW 11.0.0-33 be present in the system and complicate things? I know that old versions of FBI injected into H&S seems to be causing problems in FW 11.0.0-33

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
About svcBackdoor11, I'm using an older build of CakesFW on my A9LH modded system, why can I use BootNTR without any problems if that's supposed to be broken?

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
9:08 PM <@yellows8> Plailect: anyway, smash is not mentioned on the v11.0 page at all.
9:15 PM <Plailect> I just wrote what tux said tbh
9:15 PM <Plailect> he linked that and said it was patched; I didn't really look at it
9:16 PM <@yellows8> what page was it?
9:17 PM <Plailect> the memory management page
9:21 PM <@yellows8> versionlist update is just some JPN title(not hax related).
9:22 PM <Plailect> oh
9:22 PM <Plailect> probably should have verified that...
9:22 PM <Plailect> my mistake then, I'll edit
Oh sorry. I asked and didn't get an answer, so I assumed it was a "yes".

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
About svcBackdoor11, I'm using an older build of CakesFW on my A9LH modded system, why can I use BootNTR without any problems if that's supposed to be broken?

Because you're probably using a firmware.bin from 10.4 or below. Cakes doesn't load FIRM from NAND yet IIRC.

Reactions: MichiS97

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is bad
Does this mean that even if we have CFW access, we won't be able to downgrade from 11.0 or higher??
Not on sysnand, me and someone else done it successfully on emunand

From the another thread

If your luma3ds
Update Emunand to 11.0, eject the sd, put a lower firmware.bin in the luma/ folder, reboot emunand, open plaisys and it will work. I just done it about 3 hours ago.

It worked!
You're awesome!

Solution for mine:
Update to fw 11.
Copy firmware for ntr from part 5 arm9 to luma/ folder.

Error appears at
12288 -> 02049

Last edited by DHall243,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
That is bad
Does this mean that even if we have CFW access, we won't be able to downgrade from 11.0 or higher??

You can still downgrade if you are using the NTR firmware.bin which is the 10.2 firm. In the future cfw will probably patch the version checks just like it brings back svcBackdoor now (assuming you are on the latest commit of Luma).

DatakadjrBkajsbr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Arm9LH users with updated sysnand would be able to flash their nand backup to go to a lower (probably vanilla) FW right? Or would titles from FW 11.0.0-33 be present in the system and complicate things? I know that old versions of FBI injected into H&S seems to be causing problems in FW 11.0.0-33
Anyone know the answer?

Reactions: naivegirl2411

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see why not, remember with CFW/A9LH you have complete control over your system. If you can downgrade from 11.0 to x.x on a cfw emunand there shouldn't be any reason you couldnt flash a nand with a CFW/A9LH system.

Chill.

What you did is to force luma to use a 10.4 firm in a 11.0 nand, succesfully bypassing hardcoded title list and svcbackdoor removal.

With a 11.0 firm, even if you patched it for emunand and are using the svcbackdoor reimplementation on luma3ds a9lh version, downgrade will fail because of the hardcoded title list.

You could force luma3ds to run 10.4 firm on sysnand, and the downgrade will work. Still you need luma3ds running, and that is not currently possible in vanilla 11.0 software.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,
Reactions: naivegirl2411

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that the next update whenever that comes out will block hardmod 10.2/10.4 firm injection via 11.0 FIRM requirements for essential titles like the system menu and will also add auto updating like the Wii U to catch people off guard.

UsualNoise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not positive, but I don't think they'll ever release auto-updating on the 3DS if only because a battery dying in the middle would potentially cause a bunch of bricked consoles. Maybe if they have a battery life check? But still, it's dangerous.

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a feeling that the next update whenever that comes out will block hardmod 10.2/10.4 firm injection via 11.0 FIRM requirements for essential titles like the system menu and will also add auto updating like the Wii U to catch people off guard.
"Off guard"... I wouldn't say so ;)

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"New security checks in kernel heaps were added which makes "svchax" require extremely precise timing and trickery to execute, breaking it (possibly permanently) unless a fix is implemented"
Trickery, perhaps, but it's unrelated with timing.
We will be able to run svchax again if two conditions are reunited:
-the system always take the same time to boot, so running svcGetSystemTick at boot gives always the same result (or with very little variation), leading to a static MAC key (or to a few ones) for memchunkheaders
-there is some way to control 0x18 continuous bytes in kernel memory (current SlabHeap objects doesn't allow that afaik)

Reactions: Selver

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1