Atmosphere NX CFW has been updated to 1.6.1 fixing a critical bricking problem

banner.png

The general stability is here once again with a new custom firmware update released just a few minutes ago for Atmosphere NX.
SciresM has debugged the original release of 1.6.0 further and released an update to Atmosphere NX for the Nintendo Switch with a new pre-release version 1.6.1, in which a critical problem causing certain consoles that had a rebuilt SYSTEM partition to brick once updated to 17.0.0 has been fixed.

As with any other pre-release for the custom firmware, this is an early version of the custom firmware so users can help debug and beta test the current version, so that any bugs encountered can be addressed and fixed for the proper and final stable version of Atmosphere 1.6.1. The changes done to the new Atmosphere v1.6.1 are as follows:

Atmopshere NX's 1.6.1 Release Notes said:
1.6.1 is Atmosphère's seventy-sixth official release.
Please be sure to update fusee when upgrading to 1.6.1. fusee-primary no longer exists, and will not work any more.
Please note: Atmosphère 1.6.1 is currently in pre-release, and issues may be found that need to be fixed before full release.
  • If any bugs are reported while Atmosphère is in pre-release, they will be fixed and the build will be updated.
  • 1.6.1 will transition to release after a short amount of time has passed without pressing bug reports.
With thanks to the @switchbrew team, Atmosphère 1.6.1 is bundled with hbl 2.4.3, and hbmenu 3.5.1.
The following was changed since the last release:
  • An improved solution to the problem that would cause consoles which had previously re-built their SYSTEM partition to brick on update-to-17.0.0 was added.
    • In particular, booting atmosphère will now automatically detect the problem and unbrick any consoles which have fallen into this state.
  • Some improvements were made to haze, including:
    • Performance was greatly improved:
      • Support was added for GetObjectPropList, which decreases the amount of requests made by ~8x.
      • Haze now performs rendering on the GPU, freeing up the CPU to respond to requests in a more timely manner.
    • An issue was fixed with how haze configures bMaxPacketSize0 which improves support for USB3.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
And the following was changed in 1.6.0:
  • Basic support was added for 17.0.0.
    • The console should boot and atmosphère should be fully functional. However, not all modules have been fully updated to reflect the latest changes.
      • There shouldn't be anything user visible resulting from this, but it will be addressed in a soon-to-come atmosphère update.
    • exosphère was updated to reflect the latest official secure monitor behavior.
    • mesosphère was updated to reflect the latest official kernel behavior.
    • ncm was updated to reflect the latest official behavior.
    • erpt was partially updated to support the latest official behavior.
  • Atmosphere's gdbstub now supports waiting to attach to a specific program id on launch (as opposed to any application).
    • The monitor command for this is monitor wait <hex program id>, where program id can optionally have an 0x prefix.
  • Support was added to haze for editing files in-place and performing 64-bit transfers (files larger than 4 GB).
  • bpc.mitm was enabled on Mariko units, and now triggers pmic-based shutdowns/reboots (thanks @CTCaer).
    • This should cause the console to no longer wake ~15 seconds after shutdown on Mariko.
  • A number of minor issues were fixed and improvements were made, including:
    • A workaround was added for a change in 17.0.0 that would cause consoles which had previously re-built their SYSTEM partition to brick on update-to-17.0.0.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
For information on the featureset supported by 1.6, please see the official release notes.

:arrow: Atmosphere NX's Release at GitHub
:arrow: Atmopshere's Discussion Thread

notChocoMilk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The general stability is here once again with a new custom firmware update released just a few minutes ago for Atmosphere NX.
SciresM has debugged the original release of 1.6.0 further and released an update to Atmosphere NX for the Nintendo Switch with a new pre-release version 1.6.1, in which a critical problem causing certain consoles that had a rebuilt SYSTEM partition to brick once updated to 17.0.0 has been fixed.

As with any other pre-release for the custom firmware, this is an early version of the custom firmware so users can help debug and beta test the current version, so that any bugs encountered can be addressed and fixed for the proper and final stable version of Atmosphere 1.6.1. The changes done to the new Atmosphere v1.6.1 are as follows:
good to know that i won't have to downgrade my switch's firmware before installing atmosphere after modchipping it

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well buddies, I am feeling like the most great noob of all time, I just started the process to put my console on firmware 17, this are the steps I made:
My console is a unpatched V1, I use a RCM Loader to inject the payload, normally Hekate. Actually I have the SysNAND untouched since I took out of the box, the very first time I started the console, I created a EmuNAND, back then was a Raw partition one, some time ago I converted that EmuNAND to file based one. Now the EmuNAND is on FW 16.1.0, Atmosphere on 1.6.2 and Hekate 6.0.7, My card is FAT32 with only one partition created by Hekate's NYX.
  • Remove all network connections configured on the console.
  • I made a full backup of my actual SD Card to my Hard Drive.
  • removed all theme related folders on atmosphere/contents.
  • Copied the latest FW 17 to SD Card.
  • Using Incognito_RCM I did restore the file «prodinfo_emunand.bin».
  • Review the DNSMitM config: «enable_dns_mitm = u8!0x1» on the «/atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini» file.
  • change the file «/exosphere.ini» and put «blank_prodinfo_emummc=0»
  • Start the console and test all games and homebrew, the forwarders and general functions.
  • Launch Daybreak and update to FW17, preserving settings and installing FAT32+exFAT drivers.
  • Restart the console, everything load «fine», but once unlock the console, the next message was displayed:
1699929861170.png

After press the button «Delete» everything on the «/emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo/Contents/registered» folder and for all the installed titles including the forwarders have a cloud icon, only the game I have installed on «System Memory» is working.

Strange after run a title and the game re download, my saves are intact, I DO NOT HAVE CLOUD BACKUP OF THE SAVES.

I don't know what to do to avoid to have to download again all my games.

@SciresM and other gods of the mod scene, any advice?

so far restoring my backup. :D

Thanks everyone for your help.

• Sad
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well buddies, I am feeling like the most great noob of all time, I just started the process to put my console on firmware 17, this are the steps I made:
My console is a unpatched V1, I use a RCM Loader to inject the payload, normally Hekate. Actually I have the SysNAND untouched since I took out of the box, the very first time I started the console, I created a EmuNAND, back then was a Raw partition one, some time ago I converted that EmuNAND to file based one. Now the EmuNAND is on FW 16.1.0, Atmosphere on 1.6.2 and Hekate 6.0.7, My card is FAT32 with only one partition created by Hekate's NYX.
  • Remove all network connections configured on the console.
  • I made a full backup of my actual SD Card to my Hard Drive.
  • removed all theme related folders on atmosphere/contents.
  • Copied the latest FW 17 to SD Card.
  • Using Incognito_RCM I did restore the file «prodinfo_emunand.bin».
  • Review the DNSMitM config: «enable_dns_mitm = u8!0x1» on the «/atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini» file.
  • change the file «/exosphere.ini» and put «blank_prodinfo_emummc=0»
  • Start the console and test all games and homebrew, the forwarders and general functions.
  • Launch Daybreak and update to FW17, preserving settings and installing FAT32+exFAT drivers.
  • Restart the console, everything load «fine», but once unlock the console, the next message was displayed:
View attachment 404181
After press the button «Delete» everything on the «/emuMMC/SD00/Nintendo/Contents/registered» folder and for all the installed titles including the forwarders have a cloud icon, only the game I have installed on «System Memory» is working.

Strange after run a title and the game re download, my saves are intact, I DO NOT HAVE CLOUD BACKUP OF THE SAVES.

I don't know what to do to avoid to have to download again all my games.

@SciresM and other gods of the mod scene, any advice?

so far restoring my backup. :D

Thanks everyone for your help.
That's the same thing that happened to me on update to 17.0.0

I had to click on Delete, and then the installed games were deleted, but the rest of the SD was intact, only the games were affected, so I had to redownload/reinstall them and I'm back without issues.

Rest assured that doing this only deletes game data, from what I know personal files and game saves aren't affected, only installed games, updates and DLCs of certain games (for me it was all games installed on the SD only).

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's the same thing that happened to me on update to 17.0.0

I had to click on Delete, and then the installed games were deleted, but the rest of the SD was intact, only the games were affected, so I had to redownload/reinstall them and I'm back without issues.

Rest assured that doing this only deletes game data, from what I know personal files and game saves aren't affected, only installed games, updates and DLCs of certain games (for me it was all games installed on the SD only).
Cool, but I hope will be any way to upgrade without to have to download/reinstall all games, hope!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cool, but I hope will be any way to upgrade without to have to download/reinstall all games, hope!
Yeah I hope so too.
I tried digging for some answers but couldn't find any regarding this.
It's annoying, but more so for people that have multiple games.
I only had BotW, TotK and Skyward Sword HD installed on SD, and it felt like an eternity.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah I hope so too.
I tried digging for some answers but couldn't find any regarding this.
It's annoying, but more so for people that have multiple games.
I only had BotW, TotK and Skyward Sword HD installed on SD, and it felt like an eternity.
yeah, I had buy 30 games, so will take a while to download all, I have the doubt if I did something wrong in the past.
Post automatically merged:

I just even converted the EmuNAND from file based to a RAW partition, and no avail, the same result. ;(

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: yo