Status
Not open for further replies.

K3mpst0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You got the answer, Atmosphere cant beat SXOS. only advantage against SXOS Atmosphere has is free and people love get everything for free. LOL

And it's updated in a timely manner. And it's open source. And you can get direct support from the author. And all Switch homebrew is designed for it. And it's not illegal.

Last edited by K3mpst0n,
Reactions: mitcha

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Before I screw up I'd rather check to make sure I actually succeed...

When booting into SX OS and going to Options / Payloads... which one of the three in there should I use ?
fusee-primary.bin
Lockpick_RCM.bin
passphrase.bin

Should anything else be there ?

Thanks.
None of them, I don't think fusee-primary is able to be booted directly from SX, you have to load Hekate and then load fusee-primary from that.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sigpatch is ok because they aren't purely privacy focus as this allows users to install any nsp including homebrew related materials which is totally legal.

This is true for the "fs_patches" and "loader" parts which are dedicated to disable signature check.
However, this is definitly not true for the "es_patches" part which is dedicated, on a signed content, to disable the check that this content have been bought : the ticket which contains the content decryption key is used even when no registered user on the console have the rights. So this part is purely for piracy.

But anyway, it's totally legal because patches are just offsets and values: it doesn't contain the original binary code.

Last edited by OperationNT,

DVDVDcz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Both their forum and main site went down today, so that probably means no 11.0.1 support from them.

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SXOS is free too, you only have to pay for the XCI loader part
Yep. That's why I think that if the SX OS haters out there really wanted to screw TX over, the only thing they needed to do is release a free XCI loader alternative to kill them for good.

Both their forum and main site went down today, so that probably means no 11.0.1 support from them.
Their site, forum, etc are always going down for some reason but so far if you wait some time it always comes back up.

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking it might be a good time to switch from SX OS (day 1 switch user using SX dongle w/license) to Atmosphere. SX might come back late, but it has been rather depressing to not see any updates for awhile...

I guess from the guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-from-sx-os-to-atmosphere.533337/ , that dual booting is possible, so I can keep SX available to run some of the XCI games I have, or at least if I have trouble getting stuff to run in Atmos. (I'm fine to replace XCI's with the nsp versions for them if necessary) Not sure how to bypass when the SX boot.dat file runs and to give me the option to choose Atmosphere though...

How often do you have to mess with sigpatch files? Is this something that is needed for any new game or it changes when OFW is updated? I'm not clear on the how/why/when management of them. Can we still use goldleaf and PC via USB to install nsp files with Atmosphere, or have to use another tool? Is xfat microsd format still ok?

And is it ok to have Atmosphere on the nand rather than an emunand?

K3mpst0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Follow https://rentry.co/mys8q to convert your SX emunand to Atmosphere. Worked perfectly for me.

This guide is for those who don't want to flash their chip with Spacecraft, but you can follow the guide and flash Spacecraft afterwards easily enough.

Last edited by K3mpst0n,
Reactions: ppol

ppol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow https://rentry.co/mys8q to convert your SX emunand to Atmosphere. Worked perfectly for me.

This guide is for those who don't want to flash their chip with Spacecraft, but you can follow the guide and flash Spacecraft afterwards easily enough.
Thanks. I may have to give that a try. I am new to switch, but have an original release switch with sx pro, so am learning.

If I have two SD cards, is it possible to boot off either one, so that there is a choice in using atmosphere or sxos, or do both write something internally to the switch to prevent this?

K3mpst0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks. I may have to give that a try. I am new to switch, but have an original release switch with sx pro, so am learning.

If I have two SD cards, is it possible to boot off either one, so that there is a choice in using atmosphere or sxos, or do both write something internally to the switch to prevent this?

Providing you don't flash Spacecraft and use SX Gear to boot into Hekate on your Atmosphere SD card, there is no reason you can't have both that I can think of. Not sure I'd bother myself though, I've found nothing I did on SXOS I'm unable to do on Atmosphere. As said on this thread, SXOS either has no future at all, or it's highly uncertain.

Reactions: ppol

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep. That's why I think that if the SX OS haters out there really wanted to screw TX over, the only thing they needed to do is release a free XCI loader alternative to kill them for good.

Their site, forum, etc are always going down for some reason but so far if you wait some time it always comes back up.

MAy be a bit harder since their main web admin was kinda indicted

I am thinking it might be a good time to switch from SX OS (day 1 switch user using SX dongle w/license) to Atmosphere. SX might come back late, but it has been rather depressing to not see any updates for awhile...

I guess from the guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-from-sx-os-to-atmosphere.533337/ , that dual booting is possible, so I can keep SX available to run some of the XCI games I have, or at least if I have trouble getting stuff to run in Atmos. (I'm fine to replace XCI's with the nsp versions for them if necessary) Not sure how to bypass when the SX boot.dat file runs and to give me the option to choose Atmosphere though...

How often do you have to mess with sigpatch files? Is this something that is needed for any new game or it changes when OFW is updated? I'm not clear on the how/why/when management of them. Can we still use goldleaf and PC via USB to install nsp files with Atmosphere, or have to use another tool? Is xfat microsd format still ok?

And is it ok to have Atmosphere on the nand rather than an emunand?

sigpatches get updated when a new firmeware comes out and it breaks compatibility, so maybe a day or two after atmosphere updates at most for new firmwares.
Yes can use goldleaf but I recommend using tinfoil + nut, alternatively you could use awoo installer
fat32 microSD card is always recommended over exfat formatted microSD cards

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
MAy be a bit harder since their main web admin was kinda indicted
TX websites have a history of going down and up like the sun goes down and up. Even today they were down for while but at this very moment they are UP. It has been said before that TX is kinda of a huge operation compared to the norm, with several people involved, so one would think that if 1 individual goes down 2 will popup.

Last edited by mspy,

redrum30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
os sx d/l bat file update and done usb c loading,harddrive mounting xci way better.
no looking for this files searching for this loader its like windows paid verison to linus shit .
os sx user friendly so tired of people shit don't like it used something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1