1800mAh Cameron Sino battery problem

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The 1800mAh Cameron Sino battery I ordered from AliExpress came with an USB cable for some reason, it's somewhat unconfortable to hold the PSP because of the battery cover that came with the battery to fit it in a PSP 2000/3000/Go/Street, and above all, when charging the PSP, its power LED always turns off some minutes after, so the PSP stops being charged, thus I lost money for nothing.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

eyn85

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried three batteries on my PSP FAT(1001) and they didnt work...one of them was an BATMAX and worked like one day and that was it...I bought an 2200mah Ostent and it came fully charged...worked fine for an hour and half then when the charge mark in the upper corner got to two bars the PSP suddenly turned off...then when I started it up again the battery was fully discharged....charged it for four hours then tried again ..it barely lasted one hour and half again then got the fully discharge....I bought an cameron sino for my PSP fat and its my last try...if it doesn't work I will play it plugged to the wall...its the only way to work for hours....ever since my original battery died I cant find an good replacement....only playing it with the charger on truly worked

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I tried three batteries on my PSP FAT(1001) and they didnt work...one of them was an BATMAX and worked like one day and that was it...I bought an 2200mah Ostent and it came fully charged...worked fine for an hour and half then when the charge mark in the upper corner got to two bars the PSP suddenly turned off...then when I started it up again the battery was fully discharged....charged it for four hours then tried again ..it barely lasted one hour and half again then got the fully discharge....I bought an cameron sino for my PSP fat and its my last try...if it doesn't work I will play it plugged to the wall...its the only way to work for hours....ever since my original battery died I cant find an good replacement....only playing it with the charger on truly worked

I was told the Cameron Sino batteries were the best and mine came with said problem.

eyn85

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
True...I ordered one because after research in the net they said cameron sino was the best for replacement batteries....Ostent was a close second but like I said I get one hour and half at most after it completely drains....now I am kinda afraid my cameron sino comes with issues too.... unfortunately the only way to get more then hours of gaming with no issues is playing with the PSP plugged with the charger in the wall...I have my PSP fat since 2009 and the device itself works fine...the battery is the problem....

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
True...I ordered one because after research in the net they said cameron sino was the best for replacement batteries....Ostent was a close second but like I said I get one hour and half at most after it completely drains....now I am kinda afraid my cameron sino comes with issues too.... unfortunately the only way to get more then hours of gaming with no issues is playing with the PSP plugged with the charger in the wall...I have my PSP fat since 2009 and the device itself works fine...the battery is the problem....

So, how did it go with the Cameron Sino battery? Was it 1800mAh as well?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Alas, it would seem that user has not been seen around here for over a year now. I too recently bought a battery for my PSP 3004 (paid 10€ on ebay), and it was obviously a disappointment. Much lighter than the original one, it lasts less than two hours and runs out completely (PSP suddenly turned off) when the menu icon still shows 2 bars of charge. 😧 I think because of a battery amperage problem the console does not detect the actual charge. Strangely it takes more than 4 hours to recharge. Thank goodness, I was using a game with frequent autosave, and the console turned off a few seconds after this: if it had happened during, it would have corrupted my entire SD card, hell! 😖

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Alas, it would seem that user has not been seen around here for over a year now. I too recently bought a battery for my PSP 3004 (paid 10€ on ebay), and it was obviously a disappointment. Much lighter than the original one, it lasts less than two hours and runs out completely (PSP suddenly turned off) when the menu icon still shows 2 bars of charge. 😧 I think because of a battery amperage problem the console does not detect the actual charge. Strangely it takes more than 4 hours to recharge. Thank goodness, I was using a game with frequent autosave, and the console turned off a few seconds after this: if it had happened during, it would have corrupted my entire SD card, hell! 😖

My PSP 3000's power supply isn't PSP-380 or PSP-100 (it doesn't show its model), which are, it seems, the official ones.

Now, my PSP is charging too fast and the battery drains too fast even with the PSP turned off. This is my 5th PSP and I already changed power supplies.

I use maximum brightness and no audio, set screen dimming to off and ARK-4's "OverClock", "PowerSave" and "Balanced Energy Mode" settings to "Disabled" and have the WLAN switch turned off, by the way.

Is it the power supply's or the battery's fault? I thought I was to be blamed for having ordered the Cameron Sino battery from AliExpress but it seems they're a gamble regardless from where they're ordered. I ordered another 1800mAh Cameron Sino battery but this time from Amazon and an used PSP-100 power supply from CEX.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is it the charger's or the battery's fault? I thought the faulty Cameron Sino battery was mine for having ordered it from AliExpress but it seems they're a gamble regardless from where they're ordered.
In my case I still use the original charger, apparently as good as new, and the problem is definitely with the battery, and I repeat:
1) Too light compared to the original one;
2) Must have been tampered with somehow since the PSP detects it (via battery icon) still half-charged a moment before it suddenly shuts off.
Ostent or Cameron whatever, all made in China and equally shoddy and with lying values. 😒

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In my case I still use the original charger, apparently as good as new, and the problem is definitely with the battery, and I repeat:
1) Too light compared to the original one;
2) Must have been tampered with somehow since the PSP detects it (via battery icon) still half-charged a moment before it suddenly shuts off.
Ostent or Cameron whatever, all made in China and equally shoddy and with lying values. 😒

Are used power supplies more likely to be faulty? Maybe the problem isn't in my battery but in my power supply.

EDIT: I left my PSP 3000 charging overnight and now it has no battery left. I hope the battery and the power supply I ordered aren't faulty.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Are second-hand chargers more likely to be faulty? Maybe the problem isn't in my battery but in my charger.
For me, not at all. I until recently used to charge the PSP either with its original charger or with a univeral USB charger + PSP cable (I keep it in another room just in case), and the charging time is about the same. Nah, the charger has nothing to do with it, in my humble opinion. It's all these Chinese batteries that are worthless, both in terms of production material and construction quality. I provisionally still use the original battery that I immediately connect, in case of a flashing green light, to a three-output Power Bank that I also use for my other handhelds, even at the same time. 😉

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
For me, not at all. I until recently used to charge the PSP either with its original charger or with a univeral USB charger + PSP cable (I keep it in another room just in case), and the charging time is about the same. Nah, the charger has nothing to do with it, in my humble opinion. It's all these Chinese batteries that are worthless, both in terms of production material and construction quality. I provisionally still use the original battery that I immediately connect, in case of a flashing green light, to a three-output Power Bank that I also use for my other handhelds, even at the same time. 😉

But aren't all of them made in China, including the original ones and Cameron Sino's?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But aren't all of them made in China, including the original ones and Cameron Sino's?
If I am not mistaken, PSPs with their respective charger and battery were originally manufactured in Japan. In any case, the technology of developing and manufacturing a charger is much simpler and easier to execute than those concerning a battery, which requires high-quality components to be durable and efficient. Just compare any Duracell versus any other cheap brand: the former lasts much, much longer.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If I am not mistaken, PSPs with their respective charger and battery were originally manufactured in Japan. In any case, the technology of developing and manufacturing a charger is much simpler and easier to execute than those concerning a battery, which requires high-quality components to be durable and efficient. Just compare any Duracell versus any other cheap brand: the former lasts much, much longer.

Then I don't know why my original power supplies and batteries were made in China.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Now my battery isn't even charging but the PSP turns on if I take it and connect the power supply. I guess the battery died and I may have ordered a power supply for nothing, then. I hope the new Cameron Sino battery holds on for some time.

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I repeat that these batteries are all bad and unreliable: they last a short time and the amperage is incorrect. So be careful because they run out suddenly, when still the menu icon indicates it is still charged and green light not even blinking. As an alternative I recommend an external Battery Pack like this one, which fits on the back side of the PSP.

s-l500.jpg

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I repeat that these batteries are all bad and unreliable: they last a short time and the amperage is incorrect. So be careful because they run out suddenly, when still the menu icon indicates it is still charged and green light not even blinking. As an alternative I recommend an external Battery Pack like this one, which fits on the back side of the PSP.

View attachment 405015

How does that work? Is it confortable to hold the PSP 3000? How can UMDs be played while using it?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How does that work? Is it confortable to hold the PSP 3000 and does that wear its battery? How can UMDs be played while using it?
I have honestly never tried it. I suggested it to you as a possible alternative. It looks like a regular power bank, only it fits on the PSP, wedging on the back. First you insert the UMD, and then you stick this external battery. As for its reliability, I am also uncertain. 🤷

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have honestly never tried it. I suggested it to you as a possible alternative. It looks like a regular power bank, only it fits on the PSP, wedging on the back. First you insert the UMD, and then you stick this external battery. As for its reliability, I am also uncertain. 🤷

I never used power banks. Does it need the internal battery and what if the external battery is already dead, like the internal?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what if the battery is already dead, like mine?
I believe that power bank works even without there being the internal battery in the PSP, just as the latter works plugged into the home power supply even without the battery inside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: