Hacking 1st time modder having some problems

primulas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok first off this is my first post and my first attempt softmodding my wii. I have read the noob guide and the simplistic guide. Also i have searched around alot for an answer to no avail.

So first i try using bannerbomb/hackmii pre made set from "simplistic guide wii freezes trying to load the sd card. tried fat and fat32. So the guide reccomends upgrading to 4.2. I do; and download the 4.2 version of the hackmii/bootmii/bannerbomb(premade from simplistic guide) software. Now i get to the hackmii scam screen then it freezes on the press 1 to continue.

Any ideas? The only thing i can think is that the sd card i am using is the culprit. That or the weird kodak sd card reader i am using. I have now tried. a 2gb sandisk card in my kodak reader. a 512mb kodak card in my kodak reader, and a 8gb sdhc sandisk micro sd card through the reader that i use for my ds. All have the same problem. freezing on press 1 to continue.

Only thing i can think of is the sd cards or the kodak sd reader.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

thanks

-Prim

Lindfalas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
primulas said:
Ok first off this is my first post and my first attempt softmodding my wii. I have read the noob guide and the simplistic guide. Also i have searched around alot for an answer to no avail.

So first i try using bannerbomb/hackmii pre made set from "simplistic guide wii freezes trying to load the sd card. tried fat and fat32. So the guide reccomends upgrading to 4.2. I do; and download the 4.2 version of the hackmii/bootmii/bannerbomb(premade from simplistic guide) software. Now i get to the hackmii scam screen then it freezes on the press 1 to continue.

Any ideas? The only thing i can think is that the sd card i am using is the culprit. That or the weird kodak sd card reader i am using. I have now tried. a 2gb sandisk card in my kodak reader. a 512mb kodak card in my kodak reader, and a 8gb sdhc sandisk micro sd card through the reader that i use for my ds. All have the same problem. freezing on press 1 to continue.

thanks

-Prim

Try an other card reader. Some are not good.
Then come back here if you still have the same fault.

Greetz

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FYI: I use a Kingston 2GB SD (non SDHC) for all of my homebew needs
smile.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
primulas said:

thanks

-Prim

get yourself to the 99c store and buy a new usb sd/mmc card reader they seem to work ok

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried formatting it with the panasonic SD card formatter tool first? Look it up in the downloads section here if not.

Edit: Also if you get to the press 1 to continue screen, are you sure it freezes or does your Wiimote just lose connectivity? Have you tried using a GC controller at that point instead and pressing A?

primulas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
Edit: Also if you get to the press 1 to continue screen, are you sure it freezes or does your Wiimote just lose connectivity? Have you tried using a GC controller at that point instead and pressing A?

Thanks so much - that was exactly the problem!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, srsly?