Hacking 2 DS Lites both with non functioning top screens

Cuber

OP
Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
So today, I finally got my triwing screw driver through so it was time to swap my DS lite's body with one I bought online... because the hinge on my old body snapped.

So I suppose it went well, until the stop screen was just a real pain for me (The sticky bit.. wanting to make sure no dust got in... ect..) So were the shoulder buttons (Man I hate springs.)
hate2.gif

Anyway... after I finally got it all in, time to turn it on.. and.. the bottom screen flashes.. it turns off.. Looked on google to see anything about it online, seems it's a top screen issue.. so I try resetting the cable.. same thing..

So I do something I wish I never did and got my sisters DS and tried out her top screen just to be sure.. er, same thing? I didn't take hers as far apart as my own, I just took it far enough to be able to see if it comes on.. I put it back in hers and got the same thing I was getting on mine.

After mass panic I calmed down and tried again.. it turned on! So I did it all up.. and found, the top screens blank? Oh crap...
I then did mine up and.. the top screens, well it has a few funny colours but slowly goes more grey..
They both have sound... So, I'm probably going to take it to a professional now.. But please, if anyone has any ideas..
frown.gif

Image110.jpg

If I have to replace the screens, I'd first love to know what I might of done to cause this twice so that I don't do it a 3rd or 4th time.

Edit: The bottom screens got issues on the blue one now. >:/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk3OQMCjMuM If I press on the top left corner I get this.

pikachuchuz

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm not pro at this, though I'm going to case mod my DS in a week or so.
Buy a top screen replacement from DealExtreme, they're only like $5

Cuber

OP
Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
It's tempting to just buy 2 new top screens, but after this and it seemingly being so simple to mess it up as proved with my sisters, I'm scared doing that will just end up with the same thing.

Also, it's $5, but how much would their shipping to the UK be?
tongue.gif

Edit: Okay it's $10 http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3161
o.o; I'd also need to solder. There's the problem.. x_X; No soldering iron ... This is all proving to be expensive now... -.-; I just wanted a cheaper way to sort my DS's body out..

B

ball2012003

roundhouse kick the screens or throw the ds at the wall (not too hard)
im serious about throwing it at the wall
i threw my ds at the wall and it fixed my l and r buttons and my buttons havent got messed up since that day
true story

peregy

Trophies
XP
Country
are you sure you pushed the ribbon cables all the way in?i would check that...blah every day it passes i'm less tempted to change my phat ds shell from looking at all this posts....

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
When i had that problem, the ribbons cabels wernt in far enough. Where in England do you live? Id be happy to do it for you.

Also Dealextreme has free shipping.

Cuber

OP
Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
I've sent them to someone who should know better than me. ^^;
I'm sure I pushed them in as far as I possibly could my self... Maybe it slipped a bit when I tried to shut the thing... I dunno.

Still, the bottom screen going funny when I push down on the blue DS is kind of odd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...