ROM Hack ($20 reward via Paypal) Boktai 2 sensor patch not working with any emulator

Varlun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOLVED

Hello. So first let me state that I have already exhausted all other options. I have been all over Google, read every thread I could find, tried several different emulators, tried several different ROMs, some pre-patched, some I attempted to patch myself. Nothing worked. And every thread talking about this is about 10 years old.

I know this is an old game but it's one from my childhood that I really want to get working again. My best theory is perhaps somehow the emulators are all too new... for some reason they just don't work with the patch anymore. The game itself still works though so I doubt this is the case. Maybe something to do with Windows 10?

I would give some more info up front but like I said I've tried quite a few different things so I don't really see the point.

However! I was able to get really close, using no$gba. That emulator has a built in solar setting. However, this isn't ideal for 2 reasons.
1) There's a bad audio problem with this emulator, popping noises. Again, I exhausted Google trying to fix this, and I found some stuff talking about no$zoomer, but I was unable to get that to work.
2) You have to go into the settings menu to change the light level, and it only has 3 settings; off, 3 bars of light, or full light. It's nowhere near as convenient as how the patched versions are supposed to work.

What's even more frustrating is I used to have all this working. But it was all lost a long time ago, probably when I upgraded to Windows 10, or built a new computer or something.

So please. Can anyone see if they can actually get this fully functional? Actually launch the game yourself and MAKE SURE you're able to adjust the light level ingame?

I would be so appreciative. In fact yes, I'm offering $20 to the first person who can manage to get this fixed for me. Thank you!

Last edited by Varlun,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Localhorst86,
Reactions: zxr750j and KiiWii

Varlun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Fixed within a day! Really did not expect that! That was one of the emulators I had tried, however I didn't realize it had a solar sensor built in. It's slightly laggy on updating the bar when changing the light level, but that's totally livable.

I'm unable to send private messages, so if you want the $20, message me your Paypal.

Thanks so much! Hopefully this thread will be picked up by future Googlers having issues getting Boktai 2 going. :)

Also, I can't seem to find a way to edit the thread title. Maybe a mod can do it? Just remove the bit about the reward at the beginning and replace it with "[Solved]"

Last edited by Varlun,

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow. Fixed within a day! Really did not expect that! That was one of the emulators I had tried, however I didn't realize it had a solar sensor built in. It's slightly laggy on updating the bar when changing the light level, but that's totally livable.

I'm unable to send private messages, so if you want the $20, message me your Paypal.

Thanks so much! Hopefully this thread will be picked up by future Googlers having issues getting Boktai 2 going. :)

Also, I can't seem to find a way to edit the thread title. Maybe a mod can do it? Just remove the bit about the reward at the beginning and replace it with "[Solved]"
While free money is always great, the effort to get it working was made by endrift (developer of mGBA) or @Prof. 9 (the person who created these rom patches), not me. Feel free to give them a smal donation.

Reactions: zxr750j

zxr750j

Longtime member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just out of curiosity: You can buy the original game for like half the money and I think a GBA SP is still a perfect console to play games on! Why bother with an emulator? (I've never played the game)

Varlun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just realized that explanation may not have been sufficient. If it was any other game, sure. But Boktai 2 was designed to use sunlight. So you either have to play the game outside, try to rig up some contrived thing with a UV flashlight, or just get an emulator working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh, that's why that transformer statue sold at auction for 1.2 million. It would literally shit bricks.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I always wondered how the autobots could afford to do the stuff they did on the show.... now I know lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn auto bots not pissing oil at o' rileys
    +1
    Megatron "Prime why throw away your life!" Prime "How do I think I got these gold rims!!!"
    Autobots roll some blunts and smoke out!
    Channel 69 news "Last night someone stole several cars and a semi truck loaded with drugs from the police impound lot!"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i'mma @ juan in the joke thread and say "hey juan i call your mom dwayne the way she rock my johnson"
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: illmatic