Hacking 2DSaver (Beta) - Fix your 2DS format brick - Testers needed

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ive heard it does on anything past 6.0 because before that it forces you to put up the 3d slider to show off the effect
it does on all FW's only the 2DS doesn't force you to turn on 3D for the initial setup (because it doesn't have it ofc)

I think that was more a misunderstanding as it sounded like the person was complaining the 3D LED didn't work (i.e the light that shows up on the o3DS when you turn 3D on) but the actual 3D did

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Makore

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm not have Cubic Ninja or a sky3ds, and not have Zelda OoT cartridge.
And i'm try the safe mode with my 3DS, but I get error :(

D

Deleted User

So basically you pay 100$ for cubic ninja or sky3ds to unbrick a 2ds.I guess now sky3ds flash cards have some sort of usefulness after all.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

zeiiper

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The game don't start, got a black screen that says: an error has ocurred. hold down the power buttton. :/, the game run in my new 3ds xl very well, but i have not idea why don't work in the 3ds

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The game don't start, got a black screen that says: an error has ocurred. hold down the power buttton. :/, the game run in my new 3ds xl very well, but i have not idea why don't work in the 3ds
This is cubic ninja US right? Is the 2ds US as well and is it a 2.1 ctr-transfer? The only time it should do that is when 1. the firmware in the cart is higher than the system*, or 2. it's a different region. To my knowledge, all CN carts are firm 1.x.

Can you do me a favor too, check the back of the cart and tell be what the first 6 digits are from the left.

*edit, just tested a 4.3 update zelda cart on a 2.1 2ds and it worked lmao. Maybe it's minimum firm version in the exheader that determines if a boot is possible.

Last edited by zoogie,

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is cubic ninja US right? Is the 2ds US as well and is it a 2.1 ctr-transfer? The only time it should do that is when 1. the firmware in the cart is higher than the system*, or 2. it's a different region. To my knowledge, all CN carts are firm 1.x.

Can you do me a favor too, check the back of the cart and tell be what the first 6 digits are from the left.

*edit, just tested a 4.3 update zelda cart on a 2.1 2ds and it worked lmao. Maybe it's minimum firm version in the exheader that determines if a boot is possible.

Hi I was looking for an answer to same problem of my bricked 2ds and I got here. So I followed your instructions here.

I managed to get to the Menu scren on Zelda Oot, deleted the save file as you said but I cant seem to be able to do the second key combo ( Y+X+RT+LT) to access the Qr Code Scanner. Help please? :(

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Hi I was looking for an answer to same problem of my bricked 2ds and I got here. So I followed your instructions here.

I managed to get to the Menu scren on Zelda Oot, deleted the save file as you said but I cant seem to be able to do the second key combo ( Y+X+RT+LT) to access the Qr Code Scanner. Help please? :(
That only applies to cubic ninja, I suggest you re-read the OP, oot support doesn't even exist at this point, and when it does you will probably need a second already hacked 3ds/2ds to install the exploit as ott doesn't have any qr features

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of

Wait a minute, I never said Zelda was ready. :P The QRs are just for Cubic Ninja.

When Zelda is released, it will be powersaves files and/or regular Zelda save files like save00.bin and payload.bin.

Still working on it. Shouldn't be much longer.

Reactions: ken95

ken95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
CN is pretty expensive, if you know anyone else with a working 3ds, just wait for the oot port and then you can use a save manager to install the oot version
Could it potentially work with Powersave? I do have one along with Zelda. :)
Thanks for the early reply guys. I didnt expect to get such an early answer. Ill wait. :)

zeiiper

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

i'm using a sky3ds, and the file is US region, I used to hack my new 3ds xl weeks ago but with a different micro sd.

Last edited by zeiiper,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1