Newcomer
Trophies
Website
thedailygameclub.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
3/1 Dear Diary

Dear Diary, I'm getting an arcade stick because I'm beastly. The problem is which one? The Hori sticks that could be suitable, are a rarity as of present. In addition said sticks don't come with 4-way mode out of box. Such is vital to my suppression of bad memories via tetris.
There is of course the SFIV fightstick. This would be a dream come true if it wasn't for 7 little letters: MadCatz.

True story - A few years after my black-ops missions in the Gulf, my therapist said I needed to face my demons. She said some videogames could help stem the onslaught of flashbacks. So I went and acquired Area 51 and a MadCatz "tazer" light gun. It was then that I became a victim. Such shoddy craftsmanship, it gave new meaning to uncalibrated. Shooting alien scum point blank from my STAARS jeep accomplished nothing but a reload. wtf.

Some moons later I obtained Twisted Metal 2 as well. I just seemed to relate to "Warthog". Somehow a MadCatz racing wheel was part of that bargain. Sweet! That tazer was a one-off right?
Sure was, that is if you like your maximum turning radius to be 25 degrees. Or if Twisted Metal & Jet Moto are the only games you are going to play. Because those are the only two of my games that ever worked with it.

But I digress.
Has MadCatz changed their ways? I doubt it.
Even with genuine parts, can they be trusted? Probably not.

I suppose I will exercise some patience, while my bat & gate remain homeless. Hopefully it will pay dividends.

My flashbacks were never cured. Just replaced.
r.gif

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
You used to be in charge of million dollar equipment, you used to be part of a team, a family who had a code of honour, and watched each others backs!

Now you must make do with civilian arcade sticks?

Oh how they forget our heroes, this is indeed a sad thing!

cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)