Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have three XBOX 360's.

Two are "stock" and one is JTAG + Xclamp fix.

I was playing Dragon Age Origins on the two stock ones when they both RROD. Retail disc.
I was playing Alice Madness Returns from the hard drive and it beeped, then turned off. Turn it back on to RROD.

All 3 within 24 hours.

Coincidence???

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
LOL!
Thats epic
tongue.gif
!
Well, I believe you. Back in the day when the first version was launched, I have seen RRoD live in electronic stores
tongue.gif
!

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used the same power supply for the two stock ones, and a different one for the JTAG.

I also have the JTAG set up to use full speed fan only (using FSD).

On all 3 consoles, I have put rubber feet on the bottom that raise the console about an inch off of the surface.

The two stock ones were actually on the ground on top of a book with nothing surrounding, and the JTAG is in a small entertainment center with an open back and plenty of room on all sides.

By the way, have you ever heard of the power source at a residence causing such things? I was using two different outlets.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you know which version your 3 consoles were?
Power source, as in sockets? That shoudnt matter. However if you used different power bricks(the 360 power bricks), than it could make a difference. Falcon and onwards had less power consumption I think.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know at least two are Xenon's. The JTAG has been reflowed, xclamp fixed, "modified" the air sheath with cardboard, set the fan to 100% always, and those 1 inch rubber feet. Never gets more than 75 degrees Celsius.

From time to time, especially after playing for a while, I feel the air in the back. It's barely warm.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, dont bother with Xenon. Even if you fix it, its bound to RRoD again.

If it was Falcon, you could try to get it running again. My friend's falcon RRoD a few years ago, he fixed it and its still up and running
biggrin.gif
!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel for u man. with the 360, it's true what they say: "it's like a giant house of cards ready to collapse at any moment." it makes me wonder how cautious people will be when the new xbox is released. I definitely won't be buying one for several years for fear of hardware failure. unfortunately, the 360 is just one of many in a long list of poorly-made hardware by microsoft.

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
godreborn said:
I feel for u man. with the 360, it's true what they say: "it's like a giant house of cards ready to collapse at any moment." it makes me wonder how cautious people will be when the new xbox is released. I definitely won't be buying one for several years for fear of hardware failure. unfortunately, the 360 is just one of many in a long list of poorly-made hardware by microsoft.
I agree with you with the poorly-made hardware part. Though the rate of RROD consoles has dropped significantly since the slim released.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
R2DJ said:
godreborn said:
I agree with you with the poorly-made hardware part. Though the rate of RROD consoles has dropped significantly since the slim released.

Of course it has. After all, the slim version has Red Dot Of Death.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa.

What kinda ambient temperature is your room where you were playing? Maybe these things just couldn't get cool enough or something. Otherwise it seems crazy 3 would just fail fail fail like that.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the room has been pretty cool. We leave the AC on.

Heat gunned the Xenon JTAG, works again.

By the way, one of the stock ones gives a different error from normal RROD.
It gives the "problem with power supply or a short" error.

And when I turn the XBOX on, the PSU's light turns red. Works fine with other XBOX 360's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol