Freestyle Dashboard 3 sometimes get stuck at startup

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've two Xbox 360 Slim's. One with Trinity board and another one with Corona v3 board, both I've done the RGH3 on it.

On both units I've installed Freestyle Dash 3 (I don't use Aurora because it can't load Indie Games), on one unit it's on a USB HDD and on the other one it's on the internal HDD.

They both have the same problem that FSD3 sometimes get stuck during loading at the message "Welcome to F3". It very often happen when I return back to FSD3 after playing a game and sometimes at a "cold" start. Even if I first go to MS Dash after a game and then start FSD3 via the Guide it can get stuck.

I don't have much games installed, less then 15. And the consoles don't crash during game playing.

Why is FSD3 getting stuck during loading? And how can I fix this?

Attachments

• IMG_20230210_185022490_copy_1102x650.jpg
    IMG_20230210_185022490_copy_1102x650.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 73

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you have problems with indie games, you do know that you can boot them from the stock dash, right? I think you need to enable one of the patches in dash launch first, just forgot which one.

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have another hard drive. Also, these are two 360's which one has a internal drive and the other one a external drive. I don't think they both have hard drive problems at the same time :unsure:

I know I can start the Indie Games from the stock dash, but I want one dash to load all the games.

The Indie Games load fine in stock and FSD3, just installed the XBLIG update and enabled autofake and autocont in Dashlaunch. But they don't load in Aurora and I seem not to be the only one with this problem (https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/aurora-and-indie-games.1760163/). So I won't use Aurora.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have another hard drive. Also, these are two 360's which one has a internal drive and the other one a external drive. I don't think they both have hard drive problems at the same time :unsure:

I know I can start the Indie Games from the stock dash, but I want one dash to load all the games.

The Indie Games load fine in stock and FSD3, just installed the XBLIG update and enabled autofake and autocont in Dashlaunch. But they don't load in Aurora and I seem not to be the only one with this problem (https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/aurora-and-indie-games.1760163/). So I won't use Aurora.
I don't think you need autocont. try fsd2, you can find it on therealmodscene.
Post automatically merged:

btw, you may be experiencing "fatalfreeze," or whatever it's called, I forgot, disable it in dashlaunch.

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've bought a internal HDD for the 360 that doesn't had one and reinstalled FSD3 according to the tutorial (except the automatic covers which doesn't work anymore and now I manually downloaded from xboxunity and set using the web interface).

The problem is still there. It seems like the crashing happens most of the time after a game is played for some time (like 15+ minutes). If I start a game and exit it without real playing it, FSD3 has a smaller chance to crash when returning to it.

I don't think it's a "fatalfreeze", because that was already disabled in Dashlaunch.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bought a internal HDD for the 360 that doesn't had one and reinstalled FSD3 according to the tutorial (except the automatic covers which doesn't work anymore and now I manually downloaded from xboxunity and set using the web interface).

The problem is still there. It seems like the crashing happens most of the time after a game is played for some time (like 15+ minutes). If I start a game and exit it without real playing it, FSD3 has a smaller chance to crash when returning to it.

I don't think it's a "fatalfreeze", because that was already disabled in Dashlaunch.
You may need auroracrashpatcher plugin for covers. It works with fsd.

Fien

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So far I know the patch doesn't make automatic cover downloading back working? It now doesn't crash on cover downloading, it only doesn't find covers so I had to add them manually.

But, FSD3 getting stuck at loading sometimes doesn't have anything to do with the covers I think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: rule 63 went too far nowadays