Gaming 360 Firmware flash.

slayerspud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah i am kinda new to the whole console 'hacking' scene and i was wondering if there are good tutorials on flashing a xbox 360.

I have a samsung drive and from what i have read i can just connect my drive to my pc and ues the samsung auto flasher. is this right?

Also, can anyone link me too some good sites with tutorials / active forums about how to do this?

Thanks
wink2.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im not sure how you do it but when i got it done the guy it done it had to solder something onto the xbox first then take it off after he flashed it. it may have changed now.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You either need sata built into your pc or what I did I bought a compatable PCI card which flashed it. The trickiest part of flashing the xbox 360 is opening it up. You could read the instructions given in this thread but the firmwares probably been updated since.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/454747

I would recommend no to use the auto flasher and do everything yourself. That way you'll know everything that needs to be backed up is backed up.

slayerspud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the replys.
The only thing i am finding difficult is that in all the guides they are metioning the firmwares and sata build as if you already have all the programs and items i need.
All i really need is a tutorial that will link me to all the different files and programs i need.

fintendo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
If you have Samsung I suggest you to use Xtreme boot maker (Google for it). It patches the flashing tool (mtkflash) for your SATA-chipset and has all the needed tools for backing up, modifying the key and flashing the modified firmware. Of course you need the latest xtreme FW too.

slayerspud

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the help.

I think i have everything i need now, my 360 opened, usb drive, xtreme boot maker, xtreme FW and the firmware toolbox.

Only thing is i don't think it supports my sata chipset. Can i but a pci sata card and use that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm this video is clickbait