3DS 11.4 Firmware Update Available

0hnqi7q.png

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: BootNTR Selector got updated hours ago for 11.4 support! :D

rafaeloz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
And the DsTwoo ? work with the update?
and the homebrews like emulators in the FBI ?
Im playing a lot the snes perfect emulator .

I have A9LH+Luma3DS with the 11.3 working ok so far...Should I update?

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, just as I thought. Soundhax is now officially patched in 11.4 and cannot be fixed, even if the .m4a file is edited in some way, which means it is now completely obsolete (for those trying to use an ARM11 Userland exploit to launch HBL). For anyone that is on 11.4, doesn't have A9LH and wants to launch HBL through an ARM11 Userland exploit will now have to rely on working 3DS savegame exploits, until a new vulnerability in a system app has been found (eg. Nintendo 3DS Camera). I know it's going to be a lot of effort to inject a save onto a game card, if you don't have any 3DSs with older firmware. For those that are stuck in that sticky situation, you have two options: buy a game card with the hacked save exploit on it, or buy a 3DS with firmware 11.3 or lower (which is best to be bought now, before the update becomes too widespread to find one lower than 11.3). But even when the otherapp payloads for 11.4 O3DS are released, anyone without save exploits on their system are going to have a difficult time trying to find an easy way to launch HBL through ARM11 Userland.

As for anyone who has A9LH and a CFW, make sure you're using a CFW that is frequently updated, and update your CFW (whenever it either be Luma3DS hourly build or Corbenik nightly builds) before updating to 11.4.

However, if you're updating to 11.4 with CFW, please keep in mind that TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM are not functional in any current working CFW. Because TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM doesn't work in any working CFW, this means you won't be able to play the following:
  • Nintendo DS games (no matter if they're legitimate game cards or not)
  • DSiWare (no matter if they're ones that have been obtained via eShop, freeShop or system transfer from your Nintendo DSi)
  • Virtual Console Game Boy Advance games (since it relies on AGB_FIRM operating system emulator to run)
And as for the Gateway team, they are too late. By the time they release the quick fix for 11.3, Gateway emuNAND still won't work on 11.4. Nintendo is one step ahead of them. The Gateway team should do us a favour, and release a .cia version of their flashcard functions and accessibility that works in a similar way to NTR CFW, in that it runs in the background, instead of expecting everyone to run a full emuNAND under their full CFW. They should release a mini CFW app as well. So it can benefit everyone, without needing to replace other CFW running on the system.

Reactions: NoddyRams

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, just as I thought. Soundhax is now officially patched in 11.4 and cannot be fixed, even if the .m4a file is edited in some way, which means it is now completely obsolete (for those trying to use an ARM11 Userland exploit to launch HBL). For anyone that is on 11.4, doesn't have A9LH and wants to launch HBL through an ARM11 Userland exploit will now have to rely on working 3DS savegame exploits, until a new vulnerability in a system app has been found (eg. Nintendo 3DS Camera). I know it's going to be a lot of effort to inject a save onto a game card, if you don't have any 3DSs with older firmware. For those that are stuck in that sticky situation, you have two options: buy a game card with the hacked save exploit on it, or buy a 3DS with firmware 11.3 or lower (which is best to be bought now, before the update becomes too widespread to find one lower than 11.3). But even when the otherapp payloads for 11.4 O3DS are released, anyone without save exploits on their system are going to have a difficult time trying to find an easy way to launch HBL through ARM11 Userland.

As for anyone who has A9LH and a CFW, make sure you're using a CFW that is frequently updated, and update your CFW (whenever it either be Luma3DS hourly build or Corbenik nightly builds) before updating to 11.4.

However, if you're updating to 11.4 with CFW, please keep in mind that TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM are not functional in any current working CFW. Because TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM doesn't work in any working CFW, this means you won't be able to play the following:
  • Nintendo DS games (no matter if they're legitimate game cards or not)
  • DSiWare (no matter if they're ones that have been obtained via eShop, freeShop or system transfer from your Nintendo DSi)
  • Virtual Console Game Boy Advance games (since it relies on AGB_FIRM operating system emulator to run)
And as for the Gateway team, they are too late. By the time they release the quick fix for 11.3, Gateway emuNAND still won't work on 11.4. Nintendo is one step ahead of them. The Gateway team should do us a favour, and release a .cia version of their flashcard functions and accessibility that works in a similar way to NTR CFW, in that it runs in the background, instead of expecting everyone to run a full emuNAND under their full CFW. They should release a mini CFW app as well. So it can benefit everyone, without needing to replace other CFW running on the system.

Well the 11.2 payload is working fine on my n3DS with the latest Luma nightly and fw 11.4 so o3DS users should be able to do the same thing provided they are on an up to date build of Luma (700d5727 or later, I think).

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Latest Luma nightly fixed DS/GBA mode on 11.4. Kecleon patch for Luma has also been updated with the fix.
Ah, fantastic! That's great to hear that it's been fixed.

Now all that remains, is for a new easy-to-use ARM11 Userland exploit to be found, for those who are on 11.4 and don't have A9LH, and an ARM11 Kernel exploit to be found as well.

I should also remind developers that Nintendo will patch exploits, even ones that aren't publicly known yet. Like what we saw with UDSploit, just very recently. Best to release things as soon as they're stable, rather than wait for a new system update to appear.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, fantastic! That's great to hear that it's been fixed.

Now all that remains, is for a new easy-to-use ARM11 Userland exploit to be found, for those who are on 11.4 and don't have A9LH, and an ARM11 Kernel exploit to be found as well.

I should also remind developers that Nintendo will patch exploits, even ones that aren't publicly known yet. Like what we saw with UDSploit, just very recently. Best to release things as soon as they're stable, rather than wait for a new update to appear.

UDSploit was a public exploit, it was what was used in the 11.3 *hax payloads. It was just the source code that was not made public until the 11.4 update.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For those that are stuck in that sticky situation, you have two options: buy a game card with the hacked save exploit on it, or buy a 3DS with firmware 11.3 or lower (which is best to be bought now, before the update becomes too widespread to find one lower than 11.3).

Third option, and possibly easiest, get a Sky3ds card - any version will work (unless it's the red button one that's 'bricked' due to the number of writes being exceeded), and just run whichever software entrypoint you want.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
UDSploit was a public exploit, it was what was used in the 11.3 *hax payloads. It was just the source code that was not made public until the 11.4 update.
Ah I see, now I understand. Now that the source code is public, it certainly will help towards future development for hax payloads.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what? Might want to check your facts. *hax payloads have NEVER had kernel access. Otherwise, a full hack on an 11.3 system would have not been an issue.

Last edited by urherenow,

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I thought so. That's why I was assuming the 11.4 OFW was blocking it. Only after updating Luma did the R4 card work again.

I recommend updating the first page of this thread with a warning regarding R4 cartridges.

@EliteGamer105
It doesn't, they would have updated the whitelist, by that mean it blocks Ds cartridge as well ambassador games, it just breaks reboot patches on new3ds on the cfw side, I can play with my Ds cartridges, r4 and gba games perfectly fine with luma3ds on the latest version even though I haven't update to the latest nightly of the custom firmware because I have a o3ds

Reactions: WhiteMaze
Trophies
Country
Canada
It doesn't, they would have updated the whitelist, by that mean it blocks Ds cartridge as well ambassador games, it just breaks reboot patches on new3ds on the cfw side, I can play with my Ds cartridges, r4 and gba games perfectly fine with luma3ds on the latest version even though I haven't update to the latest nightly of the custom firmware because I have a o3ds
By Ambassador games you mean the ones I got for getting an 3ds before the price drop on 2011, right?
Because they all work for me on my 11.4'd N3DSXL running Luma and a9lh

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
By Ambassador games you mean the ones I got for getting an 3ds before the price drop on 2011, right?
Because they all work for me on my 11.4'd N3DSXL running Luma and a9lh

Gba games, it reboots the 3ds, so without the latest nightly of luma3ds on new3ds they doesn't work, on the old3ds they work with luma 6.6 stable release

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update your CFW, it's confirmed to be working on the latest hourly build of Luma3DS. To update, use LumaUpdater, and select Latest hourly build install. It will fix the issues with TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM boot process.

Trophies
Country
Canada
Gba games, it reboots the 3ds, so without the latest nightly of luma3ds on new3ds they doesn't work, on the old3ds they work with luma 6.6 stable release
But Luma on my 3ds hasn't been updated for the past few weeks, and I just been playing Ruby when I woke up to keep me awake...
Don't see what issues I'm supposed to have not having the latest hourly build...

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Update your CFW, it's confirmed to be working on the latest hourly build of Luma3DS. To update, use LumaUpdater, and select Latest hourly build install. It will fix the issues with TWL_FIRM and AGB_FIRM boot process.
I will update until 6.7, Ds and gba games works on my side so nothing is broken for me on 11.4

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyone know a way to backup the nand on a 11.3 New 3DS XL?
Use Soundhax exploit to open HBL, then use Decrypt9WIP to backup your NAND. You can even do it without CFW too.

Just as long as you're not on 11.4, you can still use Soundhax exploit.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share