3DS 11.4 Firmware Update Available

0hnqi7q.png

Just today, Nintendo 3DS firmware 11.4.0-37 has been released. I saw no other posts on this so far, so I am posting it. Here is what I found so far has been either temporarily or permanently broken/patched.

BootNTR Selector: Working with latest version (2.7.3)

UDSploit: Patched

Soundhax: Patched (Finally Nintendo... Lmao)

Safehax: Doesn't work without UDSploit, so therefore broken.

11.4.0-37 fixes the slowdown bug for some games like OOT3D that 11.3.0-36 has introduced. Confirmed by @Feffe

Please let me know if anything else got patched. Yes, of course, if you have A9LH+Luma3DS, you can safely update.

Last edited by Deleted member 350372, , Reason: BootNTR Selector got updated hours ago for 11.4 support! :D

Tarskidx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So no confirmed reports saying it is affecting the old 3DS yet and it seemed unintentional/intentional what Nintendo did to New 3DS owners? I guess I am safe, but in no need to update just yet. Not sure if it was intentional that you answered everyone at once, but thank you.

ajfoucault

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For 11.4 they fixed the Ocarina of Time slowdowns, but now DS mode and homebrew don't work. Makes me wanna go back to 11.2 :/. Everything worked fine there.

mrjoshuaco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Makes me wanna go back to 11.2 :/. Everything worked fine there.

Honestly, that's what I did and it took about 10 minutes and was surprisingly easy. Then again, I also use a Gateway for cheat searching, so I had more incentive to go back to 11.2 from 11.3.

duboisbrian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so iv read threw pages and pages and cant find a simple answer to so many poeple asking the same question ...........

IS IT OKAY TO UPDATE to 11.4 (luma 3ds/arm loader already installed )??

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
For 11.4 they fixed the Ocarina of Time slowdowns, but now DS mode and homebrew don't work. Makes me wanna go back to 11.2 :/. Everything worked fine there.
I don't know if I'm suffering from severe deja-vu, but...

Have you posted this exact same comment in multiple threads?

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm kinda lost here...
So, everyone is saying:
"Do not update unless you have luma"

But... it deletes Homebrew Launcher in .cia?

Do I need to update Luma to a nightly in order to update my system? If I recall correctly, Luma is in 6.6 no?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm kinda lost here...
So, everyone is saying:
"Do not update unless you have luma"

But... it deletes Homebrew Launcher in .cia?

Do I need to update Luma to a nightly in order to update my system? If I recall correctly, Luma is in 6.6 no?
The update deletes nothing.
The thing is that 11.4 ofw is not cfwable right now, but if you have already cfw, then you can update.

The 11.4 breaks the reboot patches on luma 6.6, that's why you need the latest nightly. Other than that... There is no 11.4 payloads for o3ds yet

Mike Abastante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so quick question. I know I can update to 11.4 as I'm in A9lh and Luma. Now, I really use HBL and I have the CIA version. I still don't get if it'll work or not.
Will it work and automatically download the payplaod?
Thank you!

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, so quick question. I know I can update to 11.4 as I'm in A9lh and Luma. Now, I really use HBL and I have the CIA version. I still don't get if it'll work or not.
Will it work and automatically download the payplaod?
Thank you!
Only on New 3DS as of yet. I don't think that it will automatically download the payload; you'll have to download the NEW 11.4.0-37U payload from Smea's site and rename it NEW-11-4-0-37-USA.bin.

If you have an Old 3DS then you'll have to wait until the O3DS 11.4 payloads are released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol