Hacking 3DS 11.5 system update incoming

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yo. got my 2ds with 11.2 today. I want to get a cfw using 3ds.guide. At one point it says, that I should update. Can I update then on 11.5? What about these "payloads", if I read well they update them only for the n3ds. And what are these payloads in general?

greeetngs
Payloads can refer to luma payloads or ninjhax payloads.
Luma payloads are loaded with the chainload while pressing start on boot, once luma is installed, this can be any .firm payloads.

ninjhax payloads are the one needed to launch ninjhax, and are specific for each system version and region.

KhenemetHeru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Payloads can refer to luma payloads or ninjhax payloads.
Luma payloads are loaded with the chainload while pressing start on boot, once luma is installed, this can be any .firm payloads.

ninjhax payloads are the one needed to launch ninjhax, and are specific for each system version and region.
Am I wrong in assuming that if referring to smealum's hblauncher and yellow's hblauncher_loader "payload" in this case means the otherapp/ropbin .bin file that is essentially the Homebrew Launcher itself (currently 2.0.0)? and nothing to do with ninjhax itself?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I wrong in assuming that if referring to smealum's hblauncher and yellow's hblauncher_loader "payload" in this case means the otherapp/ropbin .bin file that is essentially the Homebrew Launcher itself (currently 2.0.0)? and nothing to do with ninjhax itself?
Those are the same ;D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Those are the same ;D
but the payloads are no the homebrew launcher itself, thats boot.3dsx or the cia file depending on the use of it, just think that the payload is the redirection to the address needed for exploting and running HBL.

Reactions: KhenemetHeru

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Luma3DS updated to 8.1 on my N3DS XL today as I still have B9S installed. Is it safe for me to update to FW 11.5?

ganjam0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Those are the same ;D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but the payloads are no the homebrew launcher itself, thats boot.3dsx or the cia file depending on the use of it, just think that the payload is the redirection to the address needed for exploting and running HBL.

So does that meen that if we upgrade to 11.5 that the homebrew launcher will not work anymore?.

ganjam0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You will need the new payload for 11.5
if i modded my 3ds following 3dsguide installing cfw and updated at the end as it instructs, what would i need to do to install this new payload to the make homebrew launcher work.

Or are people on b9s + cfw not required to install this payload?.

Last edited by ganjam0n,
Reactions: JavaScribe

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yo. got my 2ds with 11.2 today. I want to get a cfw using 3ds.guide. At one point it says, that I should update. Can I update then on 11.5? What about these "payloads", if I read well they update them only for the n3ds. And what are these payloads in general?

greeetngs
Update when told to and not before. Once you have CFW you can use older payloads for homebrew. It's only people on stock 11.4/11.5 that can't use homebrew.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again