Homebrew Question 3DS Citra core in retroarch switch?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did just like how you addressed what parts of this switch community actually get contributions from other people. Simply citing “lots” and that you’ve been around longer..like that means anything

Also re read your previous post. Is that not a response to you making a statement about people complaining about their projects charging
When I said "lots" I was referring to every single other homebrew dev lol.

Also I apologize for missing that other point. I didn't instantly make the connection but that was a lapse on my part. Not yours

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I said "lots" I was referring to every single other homebrew dev lol.

Also I apologize for missing that other point. I didn't instantly make the connection but that was a lapse on my part. Not yours
while I'd personally never pay for it myself its also extremely childish to rant and rave about you not having somebody elses hard work without it being under the circumstances they decide to set. he didn't HAVE to make the core and he sure as hell doesn't owe it to you.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while I'd personally never pay for it myself its also extremely childish to rant and rave about you not having somebody elses hard work without it being under the circumstances they decide to set. he didn't HAVE to make the core and he sure as hell doesn't owe it to you.
And I don't think I'm ranting and raving. I'm just voicing my personal stance on it. I'd be much more inclined to support if he offered the products and played nice with everyone else. I'm not saying he can't make the choice to gate content. I'm saying that his choice earns no respect from me.

Reactions: Metoroid0 and nWo

dave7802

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dave-hamilton.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's $1 for the membership. Its not breaking the bank. Just sign up and grab it yourself.

For them who complain about paying, its just his was of collecting money to pay for his development time. He will take your input and prioritise various projects depending on the demand.
He works on alot of different ports / cores etc.

It's less than a cup of coffee ☕☕☕

Reactions: SnakeEater

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I will, but can some tell me if the new version has the swap screen shortcut button . Without it its pointless and annoying.

So could someone tell me if zhe feature is in the newest version?

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Don't know if anyone agrees with me but posting the latest Citra Core that @m4xw is working on is not right. There's a reason its only available to patreon users who invest in m4xw to develop these. You can find old build around but I don't agree with this.

I believe the link that @dave7802 posted to the latest Citra Core should be removed.
there was a time when people developed and share out of pure passion and not money. now everione is offended, locking up, hiding behind paywalls, close sourcing....this does not look like internet it used to be but mini corporations. But what do i know.
Post automatically merged:

It's about showing support you cheap fuck
there are many ways to show support. but calling someone names for that is super low.
Post automatically merged:

People deserve to be compensated for their time. It’s a novel concept isn’t it?
people used to do this for their own satisfaction and passion and sharing that with the world.... whatever.

Last edited by Metoroid0,
  • Love
Reactions: nWo

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any other unofficial cores for retroarch switch like this one ?
He tweeted out a few months back that the project is completish and showed some teasers of his gbatemp thread but iirc mentioned he’s busy with other things

That being said with Citra being taken down by Nintendo projects like this and CitraVR it’s possible they will never get further updates

That is just speculation of course

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He tweeted out a few months back that the project is completish and showed some teasers of his gbatemp thread but iirc mentioned he’s busy with other things

That being said with Citra being taken down by Nintendo projects like this and CitraVR it’s possible they will never get further updates

That is just speculation of course
I don't think that they c a take-down citra etc. The thing with Yuzu was different, they used parts of the nintendo code and the og firmware, thus they pirated games and made money with patreon. It was just a matter of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto