OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys
im thinking of getting the 3ds by either selling my ds lite or trading it in for a discount

so if i get the 3ds it will probably be on 1.0V and after a update of my ak2i and dstwo using my ds lite it should be working on the 3ds. rite?
then i trade my ds lite in and get 3ds..
then is it possible to update a flashcart on the 3ds before updating the firmware?
and also i read about 3ds automatically updating firmware and also read that it is illegal to do so by nintendo, so the firmware updates are manual rite?

and no this is not for pirated games to run on the 3ds. i will buy 3ds games like a normal person

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
no i dont think u can update ur ak2i on a 3ds (no matter if its old firmware too) u need any other working ds that is not the 3ds and yes firmware updates are manual

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
haddad said:
no i dont think u can update ur ak2i on a 3ds (no matter if its old firmware too) u need any other working ds that is not the 3ds and yes firmware updates are manual
so it wont run the update even if its in .nds format
??

so neither the ds2 or ak2i or any flashcart is update-able on the 3ds?

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
It's the same thing as the DSi.

If your system won't RUN the cart, then the cart can't run the update.
isn't it already running with the firmware

what i mean is that
1.0V -> ak2i/ds2 updated from ds lite to work on
new firmware comes out e.g 1.1V
1.0V -> ak2i/ds2 runs update to run on 1.1V firmware - (??????)
1.0V -> 1.1V
1.1V -> ak2i/ds2 run

the ?????? is where my question lies

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
kiafazool said:
hey guys
im thinking of getting the 3ds by either selling my ds lite or trading it in for a discount

so if i get the 3ds it will probably be on 1.0V and after a update of my ak2i and dstwo using my ds lite it should be working on the 3ds. rite?
then is it possible to update a flashcart on the 3ds before updating the firmware?
and also i read about 3ds automatically updating firmware and also read that it is illegal to do so by nintendo, so the firmware updates are manual rite?

and no this is not for pirated games to run on the 3ds. i will buy 3ds games like a normal person
Simple. Update your cards on the dsl, then sell it.
If they work in the dsl after the update, they will work on the 3ds. The dsl will see dosuro or whatever it's called instead of acekard after the update.
version 1.0.0.0-1U/E/J changed nothing regarding flashcarts. no need to do anything before updating the system.
yes.

kiafazool

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
I don't even know what you're saying.

Just take what you know about the DSi and apply it to the 3DS because it's the same damn situation. LITERALLY, the 3DS's protection is the same as a new DSi firmware.
chill
what im asking is that if you're on a firmware that the flashcarts work on the 3ds, will they update the cart?
for example if you're on dsi firmware 1.4 - will you be able to run the dsi 1.4.1 flashcart updates while on firmware 1.4? (i dont know how the dsi works because i dont own it)

Nollog said:
QUOTE(kiafazool @ Mar 29 2011, 11:14 PM) hey guys

Simple. Update your cards on the dsl, then sell it.
If they work in the dsl after the update, they will work on the 3ds. The dsl will see dosuro or whatever it's called instead of acekard after the update.
version 1.0.0.0-1U/E/J changed nothing regarding flashcarts. no need to do anything before updating the system.
yes.
i think ill already said that i will update before getting the 3ds

fearofshorts

Trophies
XP
Country
He's asking if it should be possible for him to update his flashcart when a new OS version comes out to work with it, before updating the OS.
Really, it should be. But the issue is that the 3DS is pretty damn new territory for everyone, so you never know.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
fearofshorts said:
He's asking if it should be possible for him to update his flashcart when a new OS version comes out to work with it, before updating the OS.
Really, it should be. But the issue is that the 3DS is pretty damn new territory for everyone, so you never know.
Oh, then yes. If you can run the cart, you can run an update on the cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...