Greece
A thread for a summery of all Batteries Expansion for 3DS

Nyko Power + Grip

347wubl.jpg
es546w.jpg

Battery Life:
MAX EVERYTHING: six hours and 34 minutes
LOWEST BRIGHTNESS, 3D ON, WI-FI OFF, VOLUME OFF, POWER SAVING ON: 14 hours

A add-on power Grip, you can take it off and on without removing the original 3DS battery.
Nyko's 3DS Power Grip won't universally triple your battery life, but it is defiantly capable of it when all the pieces are in place. Visual luxuries like the handheld's headlining three-dee feature and the screen's higher brightness settings will handicap the external power pack, but it will still give you enough juice to at least double your playtime. The battery's stylized grip grooves are a bit small for gamers with larger hands, and unit's bulk will definitely keep your portable out of your pocket. Are these flaws a deal breaker? Not at all. The Nyko Power Grip knows what it is -- a battery accessory, not a battery replacement. It's a durable, mostly comfortable, grippable power cradle that's tough enough to be idly tossed in a bag, and powerful enough to get you through your next long-haul flight.
Engadget

3DS Power Pak +

A solution that will make your 3DS 0.5 cm thicker, permanently.
nykobatteryheader331.jpg

nyko-power-pack-2011-03-09.jpg

3D on, brightness maximum, wireless on:
Nyko Power Pak +: 5:33
3DS battery: 2:52

3D off, brightness at minimum, Power-Saving on, wireless off:
Nyko Power Pak +: 9:04*
3DS battery: 4:40
Aside from its life-extending functionality, the Power Pak + is a nice product. While it makes the 3DS about 1/5 thicker (which could be a problem if you're pocketing it somehow), it's still comfortable to hold, with a nice grippy texture. It installs in a few minutes, using the included cutest screwdriver ever. And the optional Charge Base comes highly recommended: though it's an extra $10, it restores the drop-in charging convenience, and is in general much nicer than the stock 3DS charger. It has big rubber feet that keep the cradle from sliding on the table, and huge LEDs on either side to indicate charging status.

If you travel with your 3DS and don't mind adding a little junk to your 3DS's trunk, and if you don't mind plugging the AC adapter in to charge (or buying the optional, and really nice, Charge Base), It's not hard to recommend the Power Pak +; in fact, it's mathematicallyeasy to recommend -- it lasts longer than the 3DS battery.
Joystiq

Mugen Battery Expander

3ds_battery_extender.jpg

Much like the Power Pack +. But lasts about 4.5 times more then the orignal 3ds battery. Oh ye, its only 99 dollars.

About 11 hours 10 min (mathematical estimation)

About 19.6 hours 36 min (mathematical estimation)

Reactions: 1 person

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That power grip looks wonderful. I have big hands so it will make it easier to hold.
And that battery life with everything maxed (pointless, but whatever) is pretty good. I don't even think my ds lite goes for six hours anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

3DPiper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We have the PowerPak+ and it works very well..

The only problem we have found is the size increase keeps us from buying/using existing DSL/i/3DS accessories, like cases..
We purchased a hard pokemon case, but the lid wouldn't close with the battery pak on..

Not sure if a Nerf case would fit, either..

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
only problem about this is that you can't use it with the extra circle pad, which sucks as I bouth the nyko power pak [well got it for free form best buy :P] hopefully they can release there own cirlce pad that fits with the power pak but I doubt it as nintendo probably copyrighted the circle pad so only there version exists

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ That's why I'm going to buy the grip, it's easily removed so if I need the circle pad I can just pop the 3ds out of the grip in a second.

Masterpaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Added a new entry in the first post.

A question though.. do batteries brought in the U.S work in PAL 3DS?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 11 hours 10 min (mathematical estimation)

About 19.6 hours 36 min (mathematical estimation)
o.0
I'm so jealous of anyone who has the extra cash to buy that thing.

Does anyone know of a case for the 3ds that works with the power pak+? I ended up getting that one instead of the grip.

Masterpaul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The nyko sounds great and is really affordable too and best of all its the most efficient to use because it can be popped on and off. I must have...
Yea the Nyko probably is the best option, the other seems kinda clunkier than the Nyko.

The thing is its not really nyko its Pega. There isnt much of a choice on amazon.co.uk Cant really find a review of it, nor how much do they last.

Edit: Found out that the pega one "provides almost double the capacity of the stock battery"

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I really, really would love to get a battery expansion. But I also really don't want the extra thickness/weight.
Ah well, by the time I can actually afford an expansion, there might be something new out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A