Hardware New 3ds xl not charging battery, abxy board at fault?

Dr777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. First time posting on here and I have a question I can't seem to find the answer too.
So a few weeks ago I picked up a new 3ds xl and it was working great until the abxy board went out. (No power)

I ordered one online from China and swapped it and the 3ds powered on normally but now it won't charge. It will show the orange light like if it's charging but after leaving it plugged in over night the battery remained only half full same as when I plugged it in.

I checked both fuses both good. Swapped the battery and tested the charger on another 3ds and that one worked fine. Cleaned termanals too. It didn't do this before I had to replace the board

I'm going back and forth with customer support on whether or not the board is faulty. Even though on the website it " Manages power and battery charging" they are saying it can't be the culprit

I also wanna add that when I use it while it's plugged in the battery will not deplete and the part of the charger that plugs into the wall gets warm like if it's drawing power but when the system is off or on standby it's cold like it's doing nothing.

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your charging port might be faulty. You can replace the charging port or if that doesn't work replace the motherboard itself.

The battery inside the 3ds itself might also just be old and can't hold a charge. Just buy a new replacement battery (the 2000 mah ones are almost always a scam, just buy a CTR-003 1350/1400 mah one)

And for the last part, yeah, chargers get hot sometimes.

Dr777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your charging port might be faulty. You can replace the charging port or if that doesn't work replace the motherboard itself.

The battery inside the 3ds itself might also just be old and can't hold a charge. Just buy a new replacement battery (the 2000 mah ones are almost always a scam, just buy a CTR-003 1350/1400 mah one)

And for the last part, yeah, chargers get hot sometimes.

Battery was already changed with the same result

My point about the charger getting warm was that it indicates power draw and when it's not getting warm while charging indicates little to no power draw.

The port is also fine I'm getting 5v to the motherboard it's just not charging the battery and since the only part I replaced was the abxy board I want to know if that's the problem because it didn't do this before replacing it

Dr777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After further research I found this thread detailing the problem I have. I wasn't able to find it because they mention the board as daughter board or power board and not abxy as i was used to lol. (Can't post links yet but but the thread on here is called New 3DS XL - Fuse?)
Anyways the thread talks about how op had to replace his abxy board after installing the battery incorrectly and how it blew his abxy board and the ic charging chip.

This is most likely what happened to me as I was connecting the battery without the shell 🤦‍♂️ we all make mistakes

I have no way of testing it so I will have to take it somewhere to be assessed further

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/