Hacking 3DS Flashcart

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
People need to understand that even though the DSi hasn't been fully hacked to a point of having flashcards and using the SD-slot, it doesn't mean that there isn't any worth from it. Everyone seems to assume that it's because of lack of interest that the DSi has been hacked fully by now. I disagree. For all we know, Nintendo used their setup for AP from the DSi, put it in the 3DS, and improved upon it. That alone would have hackers eager to be hacking the DSi in preparation, and they would have understood this concept when the DSi was released. If you have something good, then why not take it to the next level with your next setup?

If anything, hackers since the DSi launch have been trying to hack the DSi for this reason, yet have shown little results in comparison to the DS, thus giving Nintendo the lead it needs to make sure the 3DS is one more step ahead of them. For someone to magically have a flashcard that works with 3DS game within a year or 2 of it's launch with the DSi continuing in it's slow progress is highly improbable.

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
DiscostewSM said:
People need to understand that even though the DSi hasn't been fully hacked to a point of having flashcards and using the SD-slot, it doesn't mean that there isn't any worth from it. Everyone seems to assume that it's because of lack of interest that the DSi has been hacked fully by now. I disagree. For all we know, Nintendo used their setup for AP from the DSi, put it in the 3DS, and improved upon it.

I guess they'll use the same encyption (or even a better one) used for DSiWare with retail versions now. So you can load the retail game diretly to your SD card, but can't transfer it to another system.

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Searinox said:
pachura said:
Searinox said:
a no-flashcart hack approach that involves very little network config DNS sorcery and sending a phony firmware update that the 3DS takes for granted as coming from Nintendo themselves, one that could split the 3DS' barriers wide open and allow ROM running from the SD slot without any flashcarts.

You DO realize that these firmware updates have to be digitally signed and there's no f---ing way of calculating the key even having access to both encrypted and decrypted file ?
The Nintendo DS also needed its encryption cracked before slot-1 flashcarts could work. Sure it will take a while. But whatever encryption the 3DS has to handle, a PC is superior at processing it.
The NDS encryption wasn't 'cracked', it was accessible due to an error in a game IIRC. Possibly it was leaked...?

There's a difference between getting access to the encryption key for games and the encryption key for firmware updates, though. The encryption key for games has to be widely available -- it's given to everyone who makes games. The encryption key for firmware updates is like the crown jewels, only Nintendo will have it. That makes it much less likely that someone will just screw up (or deliberately leak it) and expose it.

Of course, there's always other ways around the issue. There's only so much that can be done to keep people from fiddling with hardware and software that they actually have in their hands.

(If Nintendo is smart, they will combine this with a single unified online 3DS community that you have to go through to use any DS wifi functions in games, so that they can ban your 3DS from all online functionality permanently via unique IDs if they detect you're using a flashcart or firmware hack or whatever -- like with X-Box Live. Even that is imperfect, but it makes hacking more risky and more of a pain, which serves the intended purpose of driving people to buy real games by making actual purchased games more convenient. Now, if they could somehow put unique IDs in games the way PC games use CD keys, they could make all online functionality unavailable to hackers like us, and that would be essentially impossible to work around... that's probably the best and most enduring solution.)

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think they'll mimic an original cartridge... emulation...

Like WODE Jukebox does, like daemon tools does, like wiikey fusion does, and like SCDS2 claims it can do.

I don't know why but I think we'll see flashcards for 3DS games on 2010!

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
Ruri said:
Now, if they could somehow put unique IDs in games the way PC games use CD keys, they could make all online functionality unavailable to hackers like us, and that would be essentially impossible to work around... that's probably the best and most enduring solution.)

I think that exactly this is going to happen.

Bunie

#1 Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont expect flash carts to exist for the 3DS, at all. I expect custom firmware to be the case. Wich is good news, considering its likely to be free. the 3DS has on-board memory, and i *beleive* a MicroSD slot built in. With AP to be as it is expected, a custom firmware is likely going to be needed either way, so we're more likely to find a way to run NDS roms straight from the 3DS itself.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been told to post this on behalf of Nintendo so that they don't sue me for all of the DS games that I have pirated over the past few years:

You all better fully read this as this is Nintendo's ONLY WARNING!

QUOTE said:
We at Nintendo have counter-measures set into place for the piracy of 3DS video game software. To ensure that the security of the 3DS is not circumvented, we have agents that are part of the loss prevention teem whom are watching for websites that provide the following;

1)Game Dumps of our Video Game Software (ROMs/ISOs/Etc)
2)Homebrew Applications
3)Tutorials on how to install unlicensed software and links to programs needed to do so.
4)Tutorials on how to install unofficial firmware and links to programs needed to do so.

We also have agents of LP working undercover at major file-sharing websites such as;

Megaupload
Mediafire
Fileshare

Finally, our LP agents are working undercover on many torrent trackers.

Also, we have planed to implement more anti-piracy measures into our later tittles. One of the key features of the new anti-piracy is the ability to send your IP address and any account information to Nintendo's Law Firm. We WILL find YOU and you WILL be PUNISHED to THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW OF YOUR COUNTRY!

Also if you retreat from your country, Shigeru Miyamoto has connections with international agencies and has stated himself in a LP meeting; "I will ensure that if any retreat from the law, they will be "taken care of."

We do this not only for the protection of our investments but for your safety. We have had some Nintendo Wiis sent to our repair center that are completely nonfunctional (bricked). The cause of these bricked Wiis is homebrew and Firmware modification.

Because of the statements above we will NOT provide repairs to Nintendo 3DS systems with the following done to them;

Installed Custom Firmware
Installed Homebrew Channel
Bricked Systems

Also if any system sent to us is modified in any way, we will ban the MAC address of the system so that those responsible will be unable to receive updates from Nintendo. This ban will also affect newer tittles that would normally install updates. Instead of the game updating firmware, the game will refuse to update, therefore preventing the user from playing newer Nintendo tittles on their modified system.

If you wish to enjoy our software, then we encourage you to purchase them. There is allot of time and effort put into creating our software to ensure that the quality of them is of the highest caliber.

If you cannot afford the games at present, then that is your problem. We ensure that the pricing of our hardware and software is fair for the amount of effort put into creating them.

Remember, play by the rules, and you avoid being punished by us!

We are watching you all!

-Nintendo

Wow, looks like Nintendo means business this time! We all better watch out!

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
DJ91990 said:
I have been told to post this on behalf of Nintendo so that they don't sue me for all of the DS games that I have pirated over the past few years:

You all better fully read this as this is Nintendo's ONLY WARNING!

QUOTE said:
We at Nintendo have counter-measures set into place for the piracy of 3DS video game software. To ensure that the security of the 3DS is not circumvented, we have agents that are part of the loss prevention teem whom are watching for websites that provide the following;

1)Game Dumps of our Video Game Software (ROMs/ISOs/Etc)
2)Homebrew Applications
3)Tutorials on how to install unlicensed software and links to programs needed to do so.
4)Tutorials on how to install unofficial firmware and links to programs needed to do so.

We also have agents of LP working undercover at major file-sharing websites such as;

Megaupload
Mediafire
Fileshare

Finally, our LP agents are working undercover on many torrent trackers.

Also, we have planed to implement more anti-piracy measures into our later tittles. One of the key features of the new anti-piracy is the ability to send your IP address and any account information to Nintendo's Law Firm. We WILL find YOU and you WILL be PUNISHED to THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW OF YOUR COUNTRY!

Also if you retreat from your country, Shigeru Miyamoto has connections with international agencies and has stated himself in a LP meeting; "I will ensure that if any retreat from the law, they will be "taken care of."

We do this not only for the protection of our investments but for your safety. We have had some Nintendo Wiis sent to our repair center that are completely nonfunctional (bricked). The cause of these bricked Wiis is homebrew and Firmware modification.

Because of the statements above we will NOT provide repairs to Nintendo 3DS systems with the following done to them;

Installed Custom Firmware
Installed Homebrew Channel
Bricked Systems

Also if any system sent to us is modified in any way, we will ban the MAC address of the system so that those responsible will be unable to receive updates from Nintendo. This ban will also affect newer tittles that would normally install updates. Instead of the game updating firmware, the game will refuse to update, therefore preventing the user from playing newer Nintendo tittles on their modified system.

If you wish to enjoy our software, then we encourage you to purchase them. There is allot of time and effort put into creating our software to ensure that the quality of them is of the highest caliber.

If you cannot afford the games at present, then that is your problem. We ensure that the pricing of our hardware and software is fair for the amount of effort put into creating them.

Remember, play by the rules, and you avoid being punished by us!

We are watching you all!

-Nintendo

Wow, looks like Nintendo means business this time! We all better watch out!

That's obviously not from Nintendo..

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
DJ91990 said:

Considering the severity you indicate this to be, I highly doubt they'd pick you or anyone else here to "spread the word", and they'd do it themselves through their connections, which is by far larger. Besides, how is it that they "caught" you to put you into a position of announcing this so you could be "redeemed" of your pirating unless you went to them about it? Not saying that they wouldn't make a push like this, but I'm pretty sure you made this "announcement" up.

Trying to scare people, eh? Well, what's scarier is when you don't see it coming.

default2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wow people, his intention was clear from the beggining...
That was a fun read.
rolleyes.gif

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
btyre said:
Let's face it not much is to be gained from DSi mode been hacked.

I dunno 'bout that. I'd love to be able to download and play DSiWare games at will. Even if I could be arsed to buy them, which I can't, it's too much of a hassle to get money on the device in the first place. Plus the fact that the UK/European DSiWare sucks - we don't have Shantae yet and may never get that or Cave Story if they don't come out before the end of March. The DSiWare is hardly groundbreaking stuff, but there are some highly rated games available on the service and I'd gladly play those for free.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Another World said:
there is a cave story dsi ware? don't you have this dsi point cards on amazon in the UK? thats the only way i've been getting dsi ware. i refuse to enter a credit card over WEP =P.

-another world

Cave Story is coming to DSiWare, yes. It came out on WiiWare back in March but still hasn't even got a release date over here, which is why I don't see the DSiWare version ever releasing outside America. You're right that you can buy the cards on Amazon, but there are issues with that. Bought directly, it's £9 for 1000 Points. At retail, it's £15 for 1'000 points. As with you, I refuse to enter anything like my card details over WEP and I just have this mentality where I don't want to wait up to a week after I've bought a card for it to be delivered to me before I can use it.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@DJ91990
I extremely doubt the truthfulness of your post. I find it extremely inconceivable that you are posting this on behalf of Nintendo.

Even if it is true and Nintendo forgives you by posting on their behalf, do you really think Nintendo have time and money to sue each individual who pirate game(s)?

Remember, Nintendo admitted that piracy did not contribute to poor sales of game.

If you want to scare people, you are not doing a good job of it. You need to work on your spelling.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on +1