Hacking 3DS Flashcarts - News, Updates, and Support Thread

RowanDDR

SNES Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
OK this is just my best guess. Not a wild conspiracy theory or fanboy rant... just my logic. Maybe it will calm some people down if they haven't thought of these reasons already. I think Gateway are probably holding back from releasing 2.0 on purpose, because:
  • Gateway is the only 3DS cart with official active support and original software; people are already buying this card for that reason, so there is no business need to release the firmware yet. While the firmware remains unreleased, people will be quite weary of buying clones incase they will be incompatible with 2.0, even though they are cheaper.

• Gateway team need more time to ensure it won't work on the clone cards, otherwise they put themselves out of business quickly. No more Gateway sales, no more firmware updates.

• Gateway team may as well wait for Nintendo's December firmware update, so they can increase the chances of 2.0 being compatible for emu-nand mode. Knowing Nintendo's history with Wii firmware updates, this may be their last "proper" 3DS firmware update, i.e. one that adds some real features, not just blocks more cards.

• I bet a LOT of testing is required because mistakes in code could probably brick a 3DS which will (a) enrage loyal customers and (b) decrease sales.

Reactions: TheBlueSky

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The date format in the topic got me confused. Please choose one:
DD.MM.YYYY
YYYY-MM-DD

Not both :/

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Streetpass works.
2. As the Gateway copies all the save files to the internal SD of your 3DS you won't need the save dongle, just put it into your PC and Drag&Drop :)

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know this is just speculation, but I think they have trouble getting Pokemon to work. 3dsguy explained in a thread a while ago what exactly the difference between CARD1 and CARD2 games is. And since the save of a CARD2 game is on a writable partition of the chip, on which the ROM lies, it might be diffecult for Gateway Team to redirect this saving procedure. But I'm no expert, can't really tell. But it might fit. EmuNAND seemed to be working a while ago, and they said they won't release 2.0 before Pokemon is working.

But I guess either way they will release 2.0 around the time Zelda gets released, because this is really a mojor game and most likely a CARD1 game. In this case it could be possible that they release 2.0 without Pokemon support.

You might be right, but I don't think it'd be that hard for them to support this new save method, if you're right that makes me a little woried as if nintendo realise GW can't handle the new save sytem, they'll ask people to release games that only uses it...

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
  • Gateway is the only 3DS cart with official active support and original software; people are already buying this card for that reason, so there is no business need to release the firmware yet. While the firmware remains unreleased, people will be quite weary of buying clones incase they will be incompatible with 2.0, even though they are cheaper.
More like things will go in opposite direction. Delaying people will cause buying clones while they are cheaper... Both don't have support - so why pay more? Human logic (c). So Gateway working against themself those days. 2 weeks without update - first step for customers to panic.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually asking about the save dongle because I plan on buying the cyber gadget save editor so I can create some shenanigans in games like FE:A

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that was created yesterday and i didn't refresh after leaving my computer on this subforum yesterday.

If I ever use this excuse again you can find me and slap me but this time it was true.

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
More like things will go in opposite direction. Delaying people will cause buying clones while they are cheaper... Both don't have support - so why pay more? Human logic (c). So Gateway working against themself those days. 2 weeks without update - first step for customers to panic.

The only people panicking are idiots ¯\(´-´)/¯ It's not like we were promised weekly updates or something.

Reactions: phanteon

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Average people that buy GW are pirates lets face it. So average people don't go online and read 20 threads to be informed about the scene to buy a flashcart. They just go to the store and see; mmm i can play games in this 2 cards (eve work with the same files), they both have the same limitations and work the same way, then, they get the cheaper one.

If gateway team is as active developing the 2.0 firm was they say they are, i bet they are not just trying to make GW work with the latest nintendo tittles, i'm pretty sure that they are also struggling to find a way to make FW 2.0 incompatible with clones

dezmen

Trophies
XP
Country
using our software which was not designed for their hardware.
i dont think they are pleased to see clones using their same files.
Don't care how they secure it, as long as they use similar hardware - clones can reverse it and use it. The only way - design new hardware, which won't be happen to GateWay :P Or will take years of waiting... Do we care about that? No. We want play games, not wait :D

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I'd like to apologize if this is the wrong spot, and if it is, just delete this post.

My 3DS is on 6.3.0-12U, which obviously is not compatible with the gateway (must be ~4.5). That being said, is there any possible hope of the gateway being compatible with 6.3? I presumably can't "downgrade" my 3DS in any way, so I plan to wait until gateway eventually (if ever) supports my version.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
First off, I'd like to apologize if this is the wrong spot, and if it is, just delete this post.

My 3DS is on 6.3.0-12U, which obviously is not compatible with the gateway (must be ~4.5). That being said, is there any possible hope of the gateway being compatible with 6.3? I presumably can't "downgrade" my 3DS in any way, so I plan to wait until gateway eventually (if ever) supports my version.

Just buy a new 3DS. Waiting for a new exploit is pointless unless you don't care that much about playing ROMs.

IMRAN_PETER

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Well, I myself got panicked & messaged them in their facebook page asking if they will discontinue to support because of stupid clones......

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZELDA HAS BEEN DUMPED.
the thing is called
The.Legend.of.Zelda.A.Link.Between.Worlds.EUR.3DS-CONTRAST

does it work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I heard a good one at the bar last night, made me think for sec. - "If you are cold, go stand in...