Homebrew [Release] PrBoom+ 3DS Port (GPU-accelerated)

TheMasuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
/etc/ folder goes at the root of the SD card. Everything else is set up fine.
It kicks you back to the home menu because you haven't put a game WAD in the PrBoom-Plus folder as well :P

Thanks a lot for the kind words! And sure thing, that was kinda foolish of me to forget, haha.
Ohh I took it literal when you said to only make sure one WAD file is placed in the PrBoom-Plus folder, and that's why I didn't move "prboom-plus.wad". Also while you're still here, does that xml shortcut basically let you run Doom 1 and 2 separately, but still through PrBoom+?

Voxel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ohh I took it literal when you said to only make sure one WAD file is placed in the PrBoom-Plus folder, and that's why I didn't move "prboom-plus.wad". Also while you're still here, does that xml shortcut basically let you run Doom 1 and 2 separately, but still through PrBoom+?
Ah, yeah I can see how that might've been confusing, lol. I'll be sure to change the wording of the instructions later on.
For the shortcuts, yeah they'll let you run all your doom engine games separately. Make a folder in /PrBoom-Plus/ called IWADs or something, then put the game WADs in there, and have the xml shortcut arguments point to them like in the posted examples.

I say to make a new folder cuz some weird stuff happens when more than 1 game WAD is put in the PrBoom-Plus folder, as if the engine is trying to load them all together, causing some wacky and corrupted looking graphics to occur.

fusermarucs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This.
Is.
Amazing.

Thank you SO much for doing this you have absolutely made my week. Month. Possibly year!

Doom is my favourite game of all time and 3ds is my favourite console so this is just perfect. The 3d in particular is brilliantly done.

Again, thank you. You brought a happy tear to this old gamer's eye 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Voxel

WiiDSXLandKnuckles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is more or less a straight port of PrBoom+ 2.6.66, with some extra added enhancements exclusive to the system.
Well done! I love a good Doom portas much as the next person, but a feature I have found lacking in any of the 3ds versions is using the second screen to display the map. I still use DS Doom because of this because It just makes the game feel more native to the system, even if the controls are closer to the gba version. Would it be possible for this to be a feature in this version?

Voxel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well done! I love a good Doom portas much as the next person, but a feature I have found lacking in any of the 3ds versions is using the second screen to display the map. I still use DS Doom because of this because It just makes the game feel more native to the system, even if the controls are closer to the gba version. Would it be possible for this to be a feature in this version?
Yeah, that's totally understandable. Having the mini-map on the bottom screen was something I had planned to add as well, but to be frank I was growing a little tired of working on the port by that point and wanted to focus on getting a release out so I could have a break to work on something else.
Hopefully I'll find some motivation again to look into that (and all the other feedback) at some point in the near future, we'll see.

Mr_Start

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just an quick question to understand, to load like the others WAD like Doom 1, Doom 2 and etc, i need to edit on ini? replace by the original?

fusermarucs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi - no, if you want to play doom 1, make sure doom.wad is in the prboom directory (along with prboom.wad)
If you want to play doom 2, put doom2.wad in that directory instead - make sure doom.wad isn't in there as well though
I just move them about thru fbi

Elitemaster215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How do I get Fistful of Doom and Harmony running on Pr-Boom+ 3DS? I tried the parameters but it loads Doom 2. Maybe I put the Pwads in the pr-boom plus folder.

J3RRY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
music still does not work for me when you meant etc folder goes in root did you mean like this? other than that it works good plays good and i enjoy it especially with custom pwads
Screenshot (1).png

J3RRY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry about all the questions lol I know you're quite busy with other projects, but I am just wondering when I remap the buttons there is no joyb_prevweapon can I just add this in and save the file or no that wont work I already change and remapped my buttons to my liking but this is the only thing I think is missing anyways any help will be appreciated thank you, and also how do I turn one off I tried leaving it blank but then it defaults and it counts as two buttons at once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto