Status
Not open for further replies.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's just one of my theories. It would be nice if the out-of-house developer Grezzo(?) used an emulator system to run the game, and just added all the new files to the ROM itself. (the emulator itself would be tremendously modified to handle the 3D, so it might only work specifically on OoT)

There's also a chance the original ROM was ripped apart and re-compiled into a new format the 3DS could handle better...but that would be easy to see with the proper tools. It might also be possible to rip apart other N64 ROMs and compile them the same way...meh, all theories.
Also remember the 3DS Doesn't have enough buttons to map out the Nintendo 64

Forest_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also remember the 3DS Doesn't have enough buttons to map out the Nintendo 64

Ocarina of Time is a Nintendo 64 game that used the C-buttons...OoT solves the bulk of this problem with the touch screen...I didn't think I needed to explain that much...

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P-CHYLD, Please get back on topic. Yes, I know, I. Not a mod, I really don't want this to fly out of control and get the thread locked.

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many kids have you seen in a 3ds commercial. My point exactly. Not only kids use the 3ds.
Look, an argument like this doesn't need to be in this thread. Emulation on the 3DS via the exploit is barely on topic here, this isn't. Can you take this somewhere else? I'm asking nicely :(

Reactions: shub13

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
How many kids have you seen in a 3ds commercial. My point exactly. Not only kids use the 3ds.

Personally I've only seen kids with Nintendo handhelds and teens with Sony handhelds. Adults use smartphones, at least in public.

Reactions: linuxGuru

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSX might be more feasible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The N64 is a pretty complex system.
Yeah, probably, wish Rydian was here, he's pretty knowledgable about emulation from what I have come to terms with. The 3DS will be able to handle quite a few emulators, MAYBEZ THE PS3 TOOZ?! *Sarcasm*

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah, probably, wish Rydian was here, he's pretty knowledgable about emulation from what I have come to terms with. The 3DS will be able to handle quite a few emulators, MAYBEZ THE PS3 TOOZ?! *Sarcasm*
Could probably get PS1 Emulation seeing as though PS1 only had 2mb RAM and 3DS I Believe has about 128mb?

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
64MB for application use with the system menu in the background. According to Nintendo earlier in the 3DS' lifetime debs could chose to disable it for more system hardware availability. Article I read is over a year old, will need to find it sometime. Ram is not the only thing to worry about too you know?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We know it can handle Snes pretty well for sure, because when the 3DS was revealed at E3 2010, Snes games were shown with 3D effects, obviously on a proprietary emulator, so we know that it can at least have good Snes emulation. PSX, I don't see why not.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
64MB for application use with the system menu in the background. According to Nintendo earlier in the 3DS' lifetime debs could chose to disable it for more system hardware availability. Article I read is over a year old, will need to find it sometime. Ram is not the only thing to worry about too you know?
Yes but remember the PS1 is Like 19 Years Old Now Im Fairly certain a 2 Year Old Console will be able to emulate a console from nearly 20 Years ago now

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but remember the PS1 is Like 19 Years Old Now Im Fairly certain a 2 Year Old Console will be able to emulate a console from nearly 20 Years ago now
Probably, but you might want to take into account all the hardware aspects involved with the systems.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_(console)#Technical_specifications <-- Thats just to backup my Opinion not being mean

The PS1 was Powerful even with its Low Specs (I Mean It had Fully 3D Graphics on 2mb ram not even a Computer would be able to achieve that)
All I'm saying is don't just bring up o e aspect of the hardware to backup your claim, since the rest of the hardware also needs to be taken I to account. I am currently not trying disapprove or approve your claim. I'm too tired to do any more research tonight :/

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thinking of PS1 titles on the 3DS with its 64mb of ram, I remember the GP2X Caanoo, a device with 128mb of RAM, is capable of running PS1 titles.
Although I don't really know any of the technical stuff behind what makes that possible on the Caanoo. It does have a 500mhz processor that safely overclocks to 750mhz, possibly 800mhz with luck.

There's a thought, can the 3DS even be overclocked?
Well, I'd guess "yeah", but like past systems it would just make EVERYTHING run at fast speeds, speeding things up.

Shubshub

The Shubinator
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thinking of PS1 titles on the 3DS with its 64mb of ram, I remember the GP2X Caanoo, a device with 128mb of RAM, is capable of running PS1 titles.
Although I don't really know any of the technical stuff behind what makes that possible on the Caanoo. It does have a 500mhz processor that safely overclocks to 750mhz, possibly 800mhz with luck.

There's a thought, can the 3DS even be overclocked?
Well, I'd guess "yeah", but like past systems it would just make EVERYTHING run at fast speeds, speeding things up.
I Don't see the need in Overclocking a System
Where Everything already runs at perfect speed on the console anyway

However I Highly doubt overclocking would be needed to emulated a 19 Year Old Console

Thorhian

My CPU's prefer Water
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Don't see the need in Overclocking a System
Where Everything already runs at perfect speed on the console anyway

However I Highly doubt overclocking would be needed to emulated a 19 Year Old Console
Don't get your hopes super high, I really don't want everything to turn into another "FailDozer" situation when everything gets overhyped, then fails epically compared to said expectations. Hopefully somebody gets the "FailDozer" reference >;D

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
NO N64 EMULATION IN HERE.

Open up a "N64 on 3DS speculation thread" or something, but, PLEASE, don't crap up this thread with "can X emolaet Y" stuff. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs