3DS Headphones / Earbuds recommendation?

mugichan990

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! So i finally bought a 3DS and i'm really excited to start playing some games on it. The first game i tested was bravely default and it seems like the game has a fantastic soundtrack but the volume is so low with headphones (3ds setting is set to stereo) is this normal on the 3ds? I have a really nice headphone the sennheiser HD650 that i use on my pc with a dedicated setup (dac / amp) but on the 3DS it doesn't sound loud enough might have to do with the impedance of the headphone i don't know. I connected the headphone directly onto the 3DS and it was so low so low lol I went a step above and connected the 3DS to my JDS amp and still extremely low. What do you guys use when playing 3DS? Should i just buy low impedance headphones? Thanks!

Reactions: CoolMe and Eveldee

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Either any amplifier that has both jack input and output or if you have bluetooth headphones you may use a bluetooth transmitter. Bluetooth headphones are generally louder since they are battery powered

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Willgheminass

The Ultimate Pink Lurker
Trophies
Website
rhylnzux.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
The low volume on 3DS using a pair of Sennheiser HD650's is definitely an impedance problem. That is too many ohms for the 3DS to handle so it sounds quiet. It would be a great idea to find a low impedance pair of headphones/IEM's.

I personally use a pair of KOSS KSC75's or Grados SR80e's which have an impedance of 60 ohms and ~38 ohms respectively and they sound fine on my 3DS. So, somewhere around that range should work just fine. I recommend researching for more headphones/IEM's that can fit this range, and your budget, that will sound fine with your 3DS (and I also do not recommend getting a pair of KOSS KSC75 if a tradeoff in resolution for better tuning isn't your thing). Moondrop Starfields (or Moondrop Aria for the cheaper version) (32ohms) are a great budget audiophile option if your ear canals are large enough for IEM's in general (mine aren't, figured out the hard way, left one kept popping out), or something like a pair of SHURE SRH840's that have 50 ohms.

Reactions: CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The low volume on 3DS using a pair of Sennheiser HD650's is definitely an impedance problem. That is too many ohms for the 3DS to handle so it sounds quiet. It would be a great idea to find a low impedance pair of headphones/IEM's.
That's correct.
Though if he has a separate amp that could drive his headphones, the audio signal from the 3DS should be amplified too with it..
I personally use a pair of KOSS KSC75's or Grados SR80e's which have an impedance of 60 ohms and ~38 ohms respectively and they sound fine on my 3DS. So, somewhere around that range should work just fine.
Same here, i have a decent budget headphone that has around 40ohms and it sounds fairly loud, and without even reaching max volume..

Reactions: Willgheminass

melonwalen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it would help if you started from the impedance. The electrical resistance of a pair of headphones and a cable to current. Some devices require the use of headphones with a certain resistance. Headphones are produced with an impedance from 8 to 50 ohms. Mobility when using headsets depends on the length of the cable for wired headphones or on the power of the transmitter for wireless ones. Personally, I use steelseries siberia 200 for these tasks. I can say from my experience that they are insanely high-quality.

Last edited by melonwalen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night