3DS Makes Nintendo World Users Dizzy, Fatigued

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Its just like some ppl cant watch flashing lights in the dark almost like if they were epileptic. Not every1 is born equal or the same, everyone has different ability or disability and thats just how the world is.

So yeah some ppl will have serious health issue just like its always been with video game (the message no1 reads everytime u boot a game applies to some ppl u know
tongue.gif
) and some will just be perfectly fine.

Qu3becker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried the 3DS at a private viewing test where Nintendo received feedback from us so they know that the /D feature as problems.

The 3DS is best played in a low-light environment and with the 3D sweet spot stable. Take regular pauses, every 30 minutes or so. It won't cause any problem to most people this way.

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd rather play a console that doesn't fu*k with my eyes, in order to reproduce the effect that I've been seeing since I first opened my eyes, on a 4" screen. I bet you won't need to play the NGP without moving in a dark spot for less than half an hour at a time...just sayin'...

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Pavichokche said:
I'd rather play a console that doesn't fu*k with my eyes, in order to reproduce the effect that I've been seeing since I first opened my eyes, on a 4" screen. I bet you won't need to play the NGP without moving in a dark spot for less than half an hour at a time...just sayin'...
Of course not.
Since the NGP doesn't have 3D and all.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They picked the wrong people to try it that's what... I can play Black Ops in cross eye 3D mode (my monitor gives the 3D option, even though my monitor's not 3D ready so it does cross-eye) for hours, and suddenly, I can't play the 3DS without getting dizzy, that's when we should all react.
gbasp.gif

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Selim873 said:
They picked the wrong people to try it that's what... I can play Black Ops in cross eye 3D mode (my monitor gives the 3D option, even though my monitor's not 3D ready so it does cross-eye) for hours, and suddenly, I can't play the 3DS without getting dizzy, that's when we should all react.
gbasp.gif

Didn't your mom ever tell you if you keep your face like that its gonna stay
smile.gif

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Qu3becker said:
I tried the 3DS at a private viewing test where Nintendo received feedback from us so they know that the /D feature as problems.

The 3DS is best played in a low-light environment and with the 3D sweet spot stable. Take regular pauses, every 30 minutes or so. It won't cause any problem to most people this way.
Awesome move Nintendo. Testing the product after it's been confirmed for launch less than a month away.
rolleyes.gif

Again, either Nintendo really fucked up or this is just Sony-fanboy bullshit.
We'll see what happens after launch.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pavichokche said:
Then do not buy a console at all!
rolleyes.gif

Less than half an hour at a time is only for certain people and I doubt it has to be in complete darkness...just sayin'...

jadawin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I, too, am sure that nintendo put Its own employees in exhaustive tests in order to get certain that this new technology will not cause such dramatical side effects regarding our health. Nintendo are not a newly hatched company that wants to get well known and competitive by any means. If the case was as described in the "Friday" article then Nintendo would have put an end to the 3D project. Why would they do something that would hurt their image, maybe irreversible?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has been working with "3D" implementations for quite some time now. The Virtual Boy did it somewhat, they tinkered with the GBA, and even the GC has the hardware built into it, though never used because of the extra stuff needed to pull it off. Had such an implementation been a real problem, then they would never have gotten to this point to actually make it available.

Qu3becker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
Qu3becker said:

Awesome move Nintendo. Testing the product after it's been confirmed for launch less than a month away.
rolleyes.gif

Again, either Nintendo really fucked up or this is just Sony-fanboy bullshit.
We'll see what happens after launch.
Actually, I tried it months ago, way before it was announced in Japan.

I'm not biased, thanks. The 3D effect was somewhat impressive and the glasses-less design is a sure buy by me even if I don't like going to 3D movies.

If you want to know, I own both handheld console but I mostly play on the PSP.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a go at the 3DS in a special preview today and i do see where they are coming from:

When i had the 3D all the way up i felt cross-eyed when playing, it didn't particularly feel that 3D...just fuzzy and rather disorientating.
When it's half way between 3D and 2D i, personally think that is the perfect setting, not too disorientating but 3D enough to immerse yourself in game.

2D looks great, you can really see the enhancements in graphics compared to the DS...i think my 3DS will most probably be in this mode most of the time (sadly).
This 'disorientating/cross-eyed feeling' mainly happens in fast paced action games like Kid Icarus and Zelda..i didn't try the racing game but i'd imagine that it may be the same.

I didn't really get the fuzziness when playing slow paced games such as Nintendogs.
Actually i didn't get it much with Resident Evil either.

Basically don't wash over those reports if you haven't had a go yourself...it's a lot different to the adverts..its the real deal.

As for me...I'm not entirely sure if i want to keep my pre-order or wait for the PSP2 instead... MEH scratch that, the games are too ace
biggrin.gif

syph007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
darnit!! I guess i might as well skip this handheld. The virtual boy used to make me sick feeling way back when, and I cant watch 3d movies, so this seems like antoher thing that isnt meant for me.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does the article mention if the testers had the 3D full on? That makes a huge difference. The 3D slider is there because everyones eyes are on a different place on their head so you can set it to the perfect setting for you, it's not like the 3D gets better if you set it to full. It's not meant to be set to full.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Arras said:
Does the article mention if the testers had the 3D full on? That makes a huge difference. The 3D slider is there because everyones eyes are on a different place on their head so you can set it to the perfect setting for you, it's not like the 3D gets better if you set it to full. It's not meant to be set to full.

No, the slider is for depth settings. It's how intense you want the 3D affect to be. The depth of 3D would have nothing to do with battery life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Ahhhh ok