• Views 4,543,548
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

violent_froggy00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't use the Homebrew Launcher (or most of the software that you get with luma, like the universal updater) because of the parental controls from when we bought this 3DS XL used, and we don't know the pin; someone even gave me a 3dsx file that can remove it, but surprise surprise, can't use the launcher. What should I do?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't use the Homebrew Launcher (or most of the software that you get with luma, like the universal updater) because of the parental controls from when we bought this 3DS XL used, and we don't know the pin; someone even gave me a 3dsx file that can remove it, but surprise surprise, can't use the launcher. What should I do?
Are you referring to the Luma PIN? Did you not try Googling [remove luma lock] ?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-remove-password-on-3ds.496923/
Post automatically merged:

I didn't do a full region change, I only did the things listed in the last section of that guide. I can play extended memory games now and yes, I have all my games and save data etc, but not Miis and Activity Log data.
Hm. I guess that's the suggested remedy now instead of doing a System Format. (Presumably someone region-changed your unit before you got your hands on it.)

This is all news to me, but it seems to me that if you followed those instructions, you can just follow them in reverse to restore your data? Then you can back it up using Checkpoint, do the steps again, and restore the data using Checkpoint.

Note that Activity Log relies on icon cache data that is stored separately and also has to be backed up separately. There should be threads on the subject.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

theninjagamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
No but you can use the PS5 controller to play on the 3DS. :D
Thanks, I just like doing some things for time pass, like connecting a 3ds to play ps5 games even though it's worse playing on a 3ds controller, it's fun playing around with the 3ds , there so many possibilities
Post automatically merged:

Is there a way to stream 3ds to pc without any lag possible with high image quality

Last edited by theninjagamer,
Reactions: BigOnYa

xsdfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
do you know best settings for performance , I want it to be playable
there are no "best settings", everything comes with a caveat, but there are a few helpful things to know.
you more or less need a N3DS. you can change the priority factor to prioritize the top screen (or bottom one if needed) and you can lower image quality.

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hoped I could play psp games on 3ds as it is newer than the psp

Ported 2DS/3DS Cores

• CATSFC (SNES)
  • CATSFC PLUS (SNES)
  • FinalBurn Alpha CPS1 (Arcade/Console)
  • FinalBurn Alpha CPS2 (Arcade/Console)
  • FinalBurn Alpha NEO (Arcade/Console)
  • FCEUMM (NES)
  • Gambatte (GB/GBC)
  • Genesis Plus GX (SEGA 8/16-Bit consoles)
  • gpSP (Game Boy Advance)
  • Mednafen (Neo Geo Pocket)
  • Mednafen (PC-Engine/Turbografx-16)
  • Mednafen (Virtual Boy)
  • Mednafen (WonderSwan Color)
  • mGBA (Game Boy Advance)
  • Nestopia (NES)
  • NXEngine (Cave Story)
  • PCSX ReARMed (PS1)
  • PicoDrive (SEGA Genesis/CD/32X)
  • QuickNES (NES)
  • Snes9x Next (SNES)

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
I hoped I could play psp games on 3ds as it is newer than the psp
Just because it's newer doesn't mean it could run it. the 3ds isn't as powerful since one rule of emulation is to have a system 10x times more powerful than the one you're trying to emulate. It could be scaled down a little but it still needs to be powerful enough, take for example N64 on psp: N64 has a cpu of 93,75Mhz while the psp has 333Mhz. N64 has 4mb of ram, psp has 32...etc. You get the idea

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3