• Replies 53,793
  • Likes 43

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well...I need to create a new one I guess...

edit: wait, is Support able to unlink NNIDs from systems? I might call them and ask if they can unlink the nnid from the system, saying that the 3DS is dead.

Yes they are able to unlink it, just give them a call. I had to do that before with one of my older 3DS when it finally died.

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm currently dumping my legit games and for some titles 3DSExplorer is showing: Title Type <Unknown> instead of the game title. Example: Animal Crossing - New Leaf (CTR-EGDP). Why is that?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a New 3DSXL. How do I prevent it from doing an automatic system update?
Block the update servers in the router or just have wifi turned off.

I downgraded my ds from 8.1 something to 4.x but before I did it I install Emunand and backup my sysnand. Do I have do these two step again now that I am on 4.x? Also

That's a good trick you should document it, never heard of doing that to DS.

if you happen to do the same with a 3DS you never have to make any backups, but is sure is a really good idea. Backups are good.

Quick question: if I'll buy a Sky3DS or Gateway, which micro-sd card should I buyt with them? Are class 10 micro-sd's really necessary? (they're not that cheap)
I hear lots of problems with class 4. I wouldn't touch anything but a name brand class 10 or higher card.

I guess "expensive" is subjective and also depends on prices in your country. I can get a Samsung or Sandisk 64GB for about $40 or less on Amazon.

pxls

Trophies
XP
Country
Newbie question here. I downloaded MH4U and used a private header and everything to make it work online and it worked fine. Now the game has an update it says when I launch it and I can't download the update from the eshop store since if I try to go onto the eshop store to grab the game update they first want me to update my 3DS to the latest firmware which I guess I should not do while on the gateway :P

How can I get the update for the game so I can keep playing online?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newbie question here. I downloaded MH4U and used a private header and everything to make it work online and it worked fine. Now the game has an update it says when I launch it and I can't download the update from the eshop store since if I try to go onto the eshop store to grab the game update they first want me to update my 3DS to the latest firmware which I guess I should not do while on the gateway :P

How can I get the update for the game so I can keep playing online?
You can update your emuNAND just fine. I did it for the same exact reason. Just be sure to update in emuNAND, in System Settings, and not the eShop. Also, I had a problem with the MH4U update, which wouldn't register, so I had to get a .cia copy of it from a site I can't name. If that happens to you, just google it.

pxls

Trophies
XP
Country
You can update your emuNAND just fine. I did it for the same exact reason. Just be sure to update in emuNAND, in System Settings, and not the eShop. Also, I had a problem with the MH4U update, which wouldn't register, so I had to get a .cia copy of it from a site I can't name. If that happens to you, just google it.

Ah, thanks for the quick reply! I basically just got into the whole rom scene and haven't learned that much yet. I've basically just learned how to get gateway to work and how to make my own private header for games but don't know how to even start the EmuNAND yet. Is there a guide around for that?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, thanks for the quick reply! I basically just got into the whole rom scene and haven't learned that much yet. I've basically just learned how to get gateway to work and how to make my own private header for games but don't know how to even start the EmuNAND yet. Is there a guide around for that?
I did it so long ago I honestly forgot how to, but I found this guide: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-play-3ds-games-using-gateway-3ds-the-complete-guide.360176/ It's a tad old, but it should get you going.

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd also suggest taking a look at this: The EmuNAND/Save Data Mega Guide if you haven't already, useful information as well.

Yendi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country
France
Hello,
New to the 3DS scene, I just purchased a 3DS XL for my GF and I'm planning on getting one for me.
I get that if I want to play 3DS backup I need the Sky3DS of the Gateway, however as far as I understood the only the Sky3DS allow playing online games (but with changing the header with the one of any original game if i'm right)?
So if I just want to play games + online, is the Sky3DS the best to get?

NutellaSwirl

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Mario Kart cia download gets stuck on the 3ds logo screen, and Smash gives me a black error screen. Anyone have any ideas? Do I need anything other than the install.cia file in my sd card? Thanks

mordorer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My question is.... Now that ninjhax is open source, and i have n3ds, it will be possible to install a cfw with cubic ninja? In a near future??

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I have 2 questions about system transfer on New3D.
I used to have 2 3DS XL before getting my New3DS.
Each 3DSXL had a NNID. One was up to date with offical NNID. The other one was a 4.5 with emunand and a second NNID.

First I did a sysnand to emunand transfer, overwritng my second NNID with the official one. After this I sold the first 3DS.
A few days later, I got my New3DS and I did an emunand 9.5 to New 3DS systransfer. All went fine. But now :

1/ I lost the included video (paper plane) and french eshop won't allow me to redownload it. Any way to recover ?
2/ I tried to link my second NNID (the one overwritten in first transfer) to the standard 3DSXL but I got the message saying NNID is alread linked to another console (but it was linked to THIS console). Is this NNID lost forever ?

Thanks.

Quoting my own question.
I don't know why we have a noob thread since nobody never give answers there...

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1/ I lost the included video (paper plane) and french eshop won't allow me to redownload it. Any way to recover ?
2/ I tried to link my second NNID (the one overwritten in first transfer) to the standard 3DSXL but I got the message saying NNID is alread linked to another console (but it was linked to THIS console). Is this NNID lost forever ?

1) I'm not sure why you lost access to that but it does note that you may loose access to certain things during a system transfer, if you didn't format the transfer SD card you could see if that file is still around there but I'm not sure how to transfter that over sorry.

2) Your second NNID says it is still linked because you system transferred over it without moving it. The best you can do is call Nintendo for help on that. I did the same thing as well and had to call. If you email them they will just ask you to call and put a request in for you to their NNID system transfer team.

Reactions: hackotedelaplaqu

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
New to the 3DS scene, I just purchased a 3DS XL for my GF and I'm planning on getting one for me.
I get that if I want to play 3DS backup I need the Sky3DS of the Gateway, however as far as I understood the only the Sky3DS allow playing online games (but with changing the header with the one of any original game if i'm right)?
So if I just want to play games + online, is the Sky3DS the best to get?
Gateway plays online and has better options such as installs. Spend a few more hours researching before you make your decision.

My Mario Kart cia download gets stuck on the 3ds logo screen, and Smash gives me a black error screen. Anyone have any ideas? Do I need anything other than the install.cia file in my sd card? Thanks
How confident are you that these are working cia files. I have had many problems with downloaded cias. Try getting froma different source or make your own.

Avalynn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'd go with as thorasgar suggest and creating your own from known good working dumps of the game and then converting to a cia and installing.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
2) Your second NNID says it is still linked because you system transferred over it without moving it. The best you can do is call Nintendo for help on that. I did the same thing as well and had to call. If you email them they will just ask you to call and put a request in for you to their NNID system transfer team.

The NNID use "Gateway" in name so I'll refrain calling Nintendo. :ph34r:
Thanks for answering me.

fadamox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Still wondering: If Gateway were to support the N3DS today but only compatible with emunand up to say 9.2 would the eShop work? If not are N3DS owners going to be stuck waiting for 9.5 support to use the eShop?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...