Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 4,520,042
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just have a quick question regarding custom themes: I know I locked myself out of homebrew and I did so knowingly because GameStop here did a trade-in promo Friday and Saturday and due to the limited timeframe, GameStop checking my old 3DS before I traded it in and me having to do a system transfer in-store to keep my digital games I had not much choice, a price of 50€ was too good to pass up. Both systems had to run 9.5 afterall though I heard I could have had a custom theme on my new 3DS with a bit preparation, is there any truth to this?

I don't remember where exactly but I read that, if you had a customized theme cache on 9.2 and then updated to 9.5 the custom theme would have persisted, then if you do a system transfer to a new 3DS the custom theme would have just copied over. Would that really have been possible? I mean I wouldn't doubt that the new 3DS wouldn't have checked the theme cache integrity and I know it's too late for me anyway but I ask purely for my peace of mind. Thanks in advance for answers! :)

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a weird question about EmuNAND. Obviously there are two launcher.dat releases from Gateway and MT-Card. I'm having some weirdness with both on 9.5.0

Gateway weirdness:
  • Won't even load classic mode without physical GW present
MT-Card weirdness:
  • Crashes when trying to load the ambassador certificate
All-around weirdness:
  • Can't load any GBA/DSi games from the eShop, but that's to be expected since the DS Profile hack borks that, right?
So is basically what we have DRM on Gateways emunand support? Hopefully this hasn't been happening to just me haha

Can't help you with MT but need more specifics on your setup. FW versions, launcher versions etc.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there,

I blocked all Nintendo-update-servers using this tutorial:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/blocking-the-3ds-from-receiving-the-wifi-update-using-opendns.375643/
(and a small variation), but today I got the SysNAND update nag.

How is this even possible?
I don't know as I have not bothered with all that. I just use Gateway how it was designed and have a clean sysnand. I have left in in sleep mode 3 or 4 times over the past few weeks and get the update. Easy peezy. Format sysnand and run through set up. Done.

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I know the only difference between .3ds files and .3dz is that .3ds has not access to online features, am I right? So, if i use public headers on a .3ds file I couldn't still access online functionality an so encounter a ban, right?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know the only difference between .3ds files and .3dz is that .3ds has not access to online features, am I right? So, if i use public headers on a .3ds file I couldn't still access online functionality an so encounter a ban, right?
1. Yes
2. With gateway a .3ds file does not need public or private headers.
3. I won't comment how or how not one gets banned. I don't know.

Reactions: 4ur0r

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Gateway weirdness:
  • Won't even load classic mode without physical GW present
So is basically what we have DRM on Gateways emunand support? Hopefully this hasn't been happening to just me haha

Classic Mode won't load without a Gateway card present for anyone, so yes, it's not just you. Once it boots the emuNAND, you can take it out though.

BoomtownBilly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So this is my question, I have a 3ds with 7.x on it, it seems I can now run a flashcard (yipee) but a couple of things slightly baffle me. Do I need to install a emunand? Can I install a emunand? and finally what is a emunand......
?
Any help would be super as I'm nearly there just a bit confused. I'm old and stupid.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is my question, I have a 3ds with 7.x on it, it seems I can now run a flashcard (yipee) but a couple of things slightly baffle me. Do I need to install a emunand? Can I install a emunand? and finally what is a emunand......
?
Any help would be super as I'm nearly there just a bit confused. I'm old and stupid.
Technically you do not NEED to install emunand with gateway but I never understood why you would not want to. emunand is a copy of of sysnand that runs off the SD card. It allows you to do many things but the most important is you can update it to the latest firmware to allow running games and eshop access without updating the real firmware on the unit and loosing the ability to run the exploit. Used properly it becomes your only gaming environment and can easily be backup, restored and recreated.

Example: until recently the sysnand needed to be on 4.x to run the gateway exploit. But the new games required >4.5 so without an emunand on or above the required firmware you could not run the games.

If I put my 8.1 nand backup in my 3ds would I be able to keep playing all games normally? Specially mm3d and mh4u
You did not state if you were refering to sysnand or emunand, but I do believe both those games run with 8.1. Verify at 3ds.essh.co

havip503

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
help me :( !!!! i lost my blue card (gateway 3ds),i've install before(emunand,...) and now plus an ds cart and i cant enter gateway menu anymore ! can anyone help me enter classic mode or gateway mode without blue card ?

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't help you with MT but need more specifics on your setup. FW versions, launcher versions etc.

Sorry about that! Although the main question has been answered by daxtsu, Here's everything I can think of:
SysNAND: 4.5.0
EuNAND: 9.5.0
GateWay Loader: 3.0.4
MT-Card Loader: 2.3

Classic Mode won't load without a Gateway card present for anyone, so yes, it's not just you. Once it boots the emuNAND, you can take it out though.

Thanks for the clarification!

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that! Although the main question has been answered by daxtsu, Here's everything I can think of:
SysNAND: 4.5.0
EuNAND: 9.5.0
GateWay Loader: 3.0.4
MT-Card Loader: 2.3

Thanks for the clarification!

I tried in on my 9.2 system and when booting classic mode from the gateway menu it says I can continue by pressing x but some features will not work. When I press x it just stays black screen. So yes need the card. :)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
help me :( !!!! i lost my blue card (gateway 3ds),i've install before(emunand,...) and now plus an ds cart and i cant enter gateway menu anymore ! can anyone help me enter classic mode or gateway mode without blue card ?
One option is to get a r4 DS cart and lead the launcher on it. The other option is to put the 3.4 launcher on the root of the SD card and run the browser exploit. This option requires Internet access.

Reactions: havip503

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried in on my 9.2 system and when booting classic mode from the gateway menu it says I can continue by pressing x but some features will not work. When I press x it just stays black screen. So yes need the card. :)

Yea, don't need the card on EmuNand 4.5 that's for sure so I'm curious as to when that restriction came into play... Oh well not a big deal haha.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, don't need the card on EmuNand 4.5 that's for sure so I'm curious as to when that restriction came into play... Oh well not a big deal haha.
Probably when all the clones started popping up. Gateway has evolved to a software based exploit, all the red card does now is act as a data storage device and DRM dongle. They have to make money somehow. :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

As far as I know, you can use Gateway's Classic Mode to support an emuNAND up to 7.1 at the latest, then after that it will just black screen. Not much point mentioning it though, when MT's works without the card up to the latest 9.5 (but not without some glitches, it was designed to support up to 9.4).

Reactions: cvskid

havip503

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One option is to get a r4 DS cart and lead the launcher on it. The other option is to put the 3.4 launcher on the root of the SD card and run the browser exploit. This option requires Internet access.

how can i run browser when i press on there is a box show up :"The internet browser will become available once you update your system via internet" :( my sysnand of my 3ds is 4.5E (i've already backup emunand before)

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i run browser when i press on there is a box show up :"The internet browser will become available once you update your system via internet" :( my sysnand of my 3ds is 4.5E (i've already backup emunand before)
Without a browser installed it looks like your only option is an r4. R4ids.cn is the one I use. Cost about $10-$20.

Reactions: havip503

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol