• Views 4,521,945
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do i update games if i cant access the eshop? like if my game cartrige has an update?or cia file?
You should be able to access E-Shop if you're on emunand 10.3. Are you getting an error?

If you're on 10.3, yeah, you should be able to update games fine through the eShop, but otherwise you'll need to use CIA files to update your games.

coreycubed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I had read somewhere that N3DS only works with emuNAND at 9.5 and you can't go higher than that (to 10.3). I can't find any documentation on it, though.

Can someone confirm? If 9.5 is the highest, why? (I can understand a technical answer.) Also, I'm guessing if that's the case, there is no eShop access on N3DS emuNAND and you need to use CIAs for all emuNAND title updates.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought I had read somewhere that N3DS only works with emuNAND at 9.5 and you can't go higher than that (to 10.3). I can't find any documentation on it, though.

Can someone confirm? If 9.5 is the highest, why? (I can understand a technical answer.) Also, I'm guessing if that's the case, there is no eShop access on N3DS emuNAND and you need to use CIAs for all emuNAND title updates.

Yes, 9.5 is the highest due to Nintendo changing the encryption in later updates.

Because you're using a N3DS, you'll have to do some extra work before you can spoof your firmware so that you can have E-Shop access.

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're on 10.3, yeah, you should be able to update games fine through the eShop, but otherwise you'll need to use CIA files to update your games.
thats the thing i cant access the E-shop
yes im getting a eeror code:022-2634 :/

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thats the thing i cant access the E-shop

yes im getting a eeror code:022-2634 :/

What you could have done was:
1. Back up Emunand (there should be an emunand.bin or something) and the Emunand folder in "Nintendo 3DS" (you can tell by how big it is, depending on if you installed any titles on it)
2. Go to Emunand and go into system settings and hit format System Memory.
3. Set up your "system" again and then sign into NNID from the settings menu
4. Then you can inject the Emunand backup and place the emunand folder back

And then you're done.

I know you're new to the 3ds hacking scene, but please use the search function.

Last edited by thedude28,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: Firion Hope

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Going to use this method https://gbatemp.net/threads/is-this-method-safe-to-update-sysnand-to-9-2.399729/ and the latest release of this https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater/releases to update sysnand to 9.2, anything I should know? It says not to use with any spoofing which is confusing...
You absolutely NEED to boot into Devmode (NOT rxMode) for that tutorial to work properly. I believe Pasta works as well. The thing is, if you use ANYTHING but those two (Pasta or Devmode), you'll brick your system.
I don't think rxTools 2.6 supports Devmode so I recommend updating to 3.0 before using sysupdater.

Reactions: Firion Hope

ThomasRobertWade

Trophies
XP
It's probably been asked before, but is there any way that I can install .3ds files onto my 3DS? I have rxTools as a CFW, and I wanted to install a game, but I can only find it as a .3ds. If I can find a way to convert it to .cia, that would be great.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's probably been asked before, but is there any way that I can install .3ds files onto my 3DS? I have rxTools as a CFW, and I wanted to install a game, but I can only find it as a .3ds. If I can find a way to convert it to .cia, that would be great.

No you can't install .3ds games onto emunand, but there are ways of converting them into CIAs.

mungry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it works on 9.5 I'm pretty sure. RxTools patches those checks (I think, don't quote me on that) so it should be fine.

Awesome! Yeah I guess it does have that because it plays fine. If I could bug you with one more thing... how do I link my NNID to my emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one