• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
...I am an idiot. I meant 2.01...

Do you maybe have any idea why I am having problems downloading the Daily Puzzles in Professor Layton?
is the rom the same region as your 3DS? it sounds like you might have a different region rom.....if thats not it i can only suggest updating as the daily puzzles do work

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, yes. The ROM is American whereas I am from The Netherlands. I'll try updating when I can and see if that fixes it. If not, then I'll either have to accept being unable to download the Daily Puzzles or find another solution...

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is the thread where the temp received a scolding for hosting files related to Gateway? I remember reading it but with so many posts per day following it would fill up my notifications.

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Updating to the latest firmware didn't help, sadly. Is there maybe some other place where I need to read and accept the terms and conditions? Maybe if I accept them there, I won't get a prompt for it inside the game...

RavenGT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I'm in exploited mode, going into System Settings app seems to undo the exploit because going back to the home screen doesn't show my game. If I go back into System Settings yet again to do the exploit using DS Profile, the console freezes at the garbled screen. It seems the crash exploit only works on a fresh boot. Are all these things normal and intended?

Nurio

That Kirby fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When I'm in exploited mode, going into System Settings app seems to undo the exploit because going back to the home screen doesn't show my game. If I go back into System Settings yet again to do the exploit using DS Profile, the console freezes at the garbled screen. It seems the crash exploit only works on a fresh boot. Are all these things normal and intended?
Don't know about the crashing, but I know it's 100% normal and expected you go back to normal 3DS mode when you go to System Settings and back.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well thanks hmmm ah so it's wort more having 2 3ds =A= stupid region stuff lol

I don't know how this specific nand dump work but there not a way I could hack a dump of my updated one to make it "downgradable"? I really don't know much but my only notion is for wii hackigthat still low :v
or like they did on wii, making the exploit working again õ3o

Lucide_

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. After reading through numerous websites telling me that certain cards on certain kernals work on 3DS to play games, I've become confused about what is actually possible. So I'm after a very basic yes or no answer.

I have a 3DS running 7.1.0-15E. Does a flash cart exist that can run 3DS game on my 3DS?

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi. After reading through numerous websites telling me that certain cards on certain kernals work on 3DS to play games, I've become confused about what is actually possible. So I'm after a very basic yes or no answer.

I have a 3DS running 7.1.0-15E. Does a flash cart exist that can run 3DS game on my 3DS?

No.

Reactions: Lucide_

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

nope you can only play 3DS roms on a 3ds with firmware version 4.1-4.5 or lower(by updating to 4.x using retail cart), any site saying other wise is either lying or talking about playing NDS roms only

and to answer the usual follow on question no you cant downgrade unless you dumped your nand when you where on 4.x

Reactions: Lucide_

Lucide_

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you both Duo8 and gamesquest1 for your prompt and helpful replies.

EDIT:

and to answer the usual follow on question no you cant downgrade unless you dumped your nand when you where on 4.x

Yeah, I figured as much. Same as jail breaking an iPhone in that regard. Damn. Guess I'll just have to wait :/ .

farhan2401

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi, i just bought 3ds 4.5 with Gateway. Follow all step from tutorial and update the emunand to 7.1. Everything works great except i cant access eshop. I want to update pokemon x to the latest ver. But i cant connect to eshop. Does anybody know the problem? Tq

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I set up my Gateway 3DS 2.1 and opted for the exFat format for my msd. Although all of the ROMs that I've transferred onto the msd are viewable on the GW popup after hitting SELECT, only the ones that were written to it on my Windows machine work (the ones written to it from my Mac give the generic Gateway error message.) The workaround is obvious so I haven't really researched the problem, but I'm still curious. :unsure:

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i just bought 3ds 4.5 with Gateway. Follow all step from tutorial and update the emunand to 7.1. Everything works great except i cant access eshop. I want to update pokemon x to the latest ver. But i cant connect to eshop. Does anybody know the problem? Tq
Is your pokemon x rom the same region as your 3ds? They have to be from the same region or you can't download the patch.

paul123asdf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, I just got a 3ds xl with 4.3 firmware and ordered gateway. I have been reading the tutorials and threads on forum and found that firmware 4.5 is highly recommended but on official site it is written that 4.1-4.5 is ok. So i wanted to ask if it is ok and doesn't include any risks to stay on 4.3. I don't want to spend more money on 4.5 game

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?